[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

This Fox News guy actually did the best against Pete. Most of the anchors just let him talk and articulate his point which is not good for them. This guy did not allow him to answer it cleanly as he usually does. Pete was still smart and had facts but wasn’t able to finish a good thought that would have been far better point against the But Chicago argument. Typically the right wing apparatus can’t use clips against Pete but this one might be able to be used because he was cut off so quickly without answering.  Makes it seem like he didn’t have an answer. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

This Fox News guy actually did the best against Pete. Most of the anchors just let him talk and articulate his point which is not good for them. This guy did not allow him to answer it cleanly as he usually does. Pete was still smart and had facts but wasn’t able to finish a good thought that would have been far better point against the But Chicago argument. Typically the right wing apparatus can’t use clips against Pete but this one might be able to be used because he was cut off so quickly without answering.  Makes it seem like he didn’t have an answer. 

Thats not how I took it. I took it as this guy was afraid of the answer and was panicking as an interviewer and got naster classed in goal post moving rather quickly. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Pete knows how to play the Fox News game. You just have to stay on your message as they flood the zone with "but what about this" or other dumb narratives/anecdotes meant to cause the interviewee to pivot away and answer. I hope it's something Kamala and Walz are coached on because it's something Biden kept taking the bait on in the first debate. You have to be someone who can take all that bullshit, hit your point, and then circle back and defeat their point. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

That's actually not how this works. When the blaze is contained and if breaks containment it engulfs everything you take any and all people who are helping. 

Some of you have forgotten that we are still in the middle of the fight. 

Now after the blaze is extinguished even though you helped contain it you still get held accountable for the damage done by the fire. That I agree with. 

Tom Austen Nodding GIF by HULU

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, mchookem said:

he's the only cabinet member speaking at the DNC, at least in prime time, which is excellent. i keep thinking about Obama in 2004...i am hopeful Pete's future similarly tracks bc this country needs him. i want to see/hear from him for years to come!

Hopefully President in 2032. 

• Hook 'Em 7

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

Not sure that it's so much that he's quick on his feet as much as he just doesnt let the narrative get away from him. He charges forward through their bullshit tangent trap that is so predictable and obvious, yet many fall into. 

Oof.  No, he's absolutely quick on his feet.  He is intellectually nimble.  It's essentially the fucking definition.  It doesn't mean he lets the narrative get away from him, it means he can respond in real time to the chaff coming from the other side and stay on point.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

Not sure that it's so much that he's quick on his feet as much as he just doesnt let the narrative get away from him. He charges forward through their bullshit tangent trap that is so predictable and obvious, yet many fall into. 

It's because Democrats usually go on the defensive, which is where they get mired because it's never meant to be solved with logic or facts, and Pete goes on the offensive, which flips the script.  And if you can't score points in political discourse, you've lost.  Pete goes in armed with stats and his own scripted drives, ready to blast.  And Fox can't talk about crime with a convicted felon and rapist as their front runner.   

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm unconvinced there's any viewers of Fox News who have enough of a brain to understand logic and reason. A Democratic politician going on Fox News is doing them the favor of helping them put a "fair and balanced" facade on top of their dishonest, endless diarrhea of extremist rhetoric.  edit - I'd love to be proven wrong.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Pete knows how to play the Fox News game. You just have to stay on your message as they flood the zone with "but what about this" or other dumb narratives/anecdotes meant to cause the interviewee to pivot away and answer. I hope it's something Kamala and Walz are coached on because it's something Biden kept taking the bait on in the first debate. You have to be someone who can take all that bullshit, hit your point, and then circle back and defeat their point. 

Fuck defending their point, start with the convicted felon and rapist angle and go from there.  Start asking questions.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Uncle Tom got his ass handed to him.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If The Shoe Fits GIF by SVU

A little shocked (but not really) that only one person has called you on this bullshit.  It's a straight up racist slur.  Doesn't matter that it's directed at someone who shills for the wrong side.  Fuck outta here with that.

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas' murder rate is also higher than California's and much higher than New York's. 

Well, of course…what with all the illegals who are all murderers pouring across our border. Why, just last week, while I was just going to HEB and such, illegals murdered me five times.
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, immamac said:

Thats not how I took it. I took it as this guy was afraid of the answer and was panicking as an interviewer and got naster classed in goal post moving rather quickly. 

No one should take it like anything but how you saw it. But they aren’t concerned about you or me. They have to pander to their audience. If anything, this type of clip helps them because it will likely be spread by both sides.  

Fox used to have a shred of dignity even as biased as it is. But they have limited their desire to have a conversation with the country and now just have the rantings of the worst they have to offer to appeal to one man, who will bring them their audience.

Fox will be interesting once Trump loses again. It will be interesting to see if we have any return to middle right of center as opposed to slight left of NewsMax. 

36 minutes ago, immamac said:

If he manages to not fall into traps that others can't, I'd call that quick on his feet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I'm unconvinced there's any viewers of Fox News who have enough of a brain to understand logic and reason. A Democratic politician going on Fox News is doing them the favor of helping them put a "fair and balanced" facade on top of their dishonest, endless diarrhea of extremist rhetoric.  edit - I'd love to be proven wrong.

Pete was on an NPR segment and for part of it he was asked why he goes on Fox news. He made several good points, but the one that stuck with me was: the people being reached by Fox News aren't just the hard core Magats. Fox News is on in a lot of waiting rooms and such. And in a typical household there will be spouse, kids, friends (who may not be maga) also watching TV at times. Its a way to reach people it may be hard to reach otherwise 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, texastough said:

Pete was on an NPR segment and for part of it he was asked why he goes on Fox news. He made several good points, but the one that stuck with me was: the people being reached by Fox News aren't just the hard core Magats. Fox News is on in a lot of waiting rooms and such. And in a typical household there will be spouse, kids, friends (who may not be maga) also watching TV at times. Its a way to reach people it may be hard to reach otherwise 

I think making these morons his little bitch is sport to him so he does it because it’s entertainment for him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, of course…what with all the illegals who are all murderers pouring across our border. Why, just last week, while I was just going to HEB and such, illegals murdered me five times.

Usually, they rape you then murder you, so you were lucky to only get murdered 5 times and not raped 5 times.   Look at the positives. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Usually, they rape you then murder you, so you were lucky to only get murdered 5 times and not raped 5 times.   Look at the positives. 

How do you know? Murdered people, especially 5 times over, rarely give up secrets.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oof.  No, he's absolutely quick on his feet.  He is intellectually nimble.  It's essentially the fucking definition.  It doesn't mean he lets the narrative get away from him, it means he can respond in real time to the chaff coming from the other side and stay on point.

Yeah why not both is what I'm saying. I think it's not just being quick on his feet, but that he has intent on where he's going as well. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah why not both is what I'm saying. I think it's not just being quick on his feet, but that he has intent on where he's going as well. 

No argument there, he is prepared and ready for battle.  He seems to be one of the few who actually anticipate what the talking points are going to be.

53 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

No one should take it like anything but how you saw it. But they aren’t concerned about you or me. They have to pander to their audience. If anything, this type of clip helps them because it will likely be spread by both sides.  

Fox used to have a shred of dignity even as biased as it is. But they have limited their desire to have a conversation with the country and now just have the rantings of the worst they have to offer to appeal to one man, who will bring them their audience.

Fox will be interesting once Trump loses again. It will be interesting to see if we have any return to middle right of center as opposed to slight left of NewsMax. 

This is what is happening with Fox News. They know they’ll get more viewers by bitching about Kamala instead of only having 24/7 Trump coverage.

Having Pete on gets viewers from the other side watching and sharing Fox News content. Trump has been rambling worse than normal lately and everything he’s saying is a lie. Fox News doesn’t have anything to work with because all Trump is doing at his rallies is bitching about Kamala. He isn’t talking about major policy and all Trump does is complain that he should be going against Biden. 

If bitching about Kamala and getting schooled by Pete draws eyeballs to Fox News, they would privately be thrilled if she won the election because this could go on for another 4 more years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Having Pete on gets viewers from the other side watching and sharing Fox News content

Regardless of the merits in the grand scheme of life, I just want to give kudos to whoever posts the clips of Buttigieg on Fox because I eat that shit up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Harris-Walz rally in Milwaukee tonight, same stage as the RNC used. Harris scheduled to speak at 7.

image.thumb.png.6177ee93a2560e5fea05a8c3162fa34b.png

The rally is supposed to be wrapped up before 9pm.

Meanwhile the DNC is beginning at 5:30 a half hour earlier than last night due to the runover. It's rollcall tonight and here's the speakers a bit before and after 9 pm

image.thumb.png.a38116b366fd4954653f481c2765c1a4.png

• Hook 'Em 3

I can't say I am a big fan having Harris/Walz run opposite a DNC convention.  It seems kind of shitty to whoever they are scheduled against.  On the other hand, it is kind of ballsy to fill two arenas 100 miles apart.  

Edited by Tuco

13 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I can't say I am a big fan having Harris/Walz run opposite a DNC convention.  It seems kind of shitty to whoever they are scheduled against.  On the other hand, it is kind of ballsy to fill two arenas 100 miles apart.  

whatever it takes to win, they should do it.

18 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Replace chip with rally and this is what you sound like.

IMG_6881.gif.63a623c5dfa209936a5e6d9db52d8e70.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Agree and the reason people fall into it, myself included, is because their arguments are so stupid it seems absurd to not address them.

Same reason tiny face asked Parker what a woman was at the DNC. It’s all bait. But Pete is much smarter than them, so he doesn’t just brush it aside, he’s able to immediately disarm them and move on. It’s quite remarkable. 

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

The parallels to 2008 tickets are funny. You have a younger, dynamic minority candidate paired with an endearing white guy. And then you have an old man paired with a fucking moron.

Obvious differences being Obama was younger and Trump is no John McCain, but still 

Wait..

Trump is a moron and Vance is an out of touch, dork-stalker

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Could be wrong, but I think I heard that Harris and Walz were going to speak at the rally during the roll call portion.  If so, I think it’s smart and I’m loving the troll job on Trump.   This all eats at him bigly 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Historically, he is not a good politician/campaigner which made his inner circle's assertion that he's some generational pol even dumber.  Sure, he got elected in a small, uncomplicated state but he ran for president multiple times and wasn't close to being in contention.  Even in 2020, he didn't even make the top 5 in Iowa and NH but then the black vote rolled in for him in S'Carolina because he was Obama's BFF.  Then covid happened and everyone dropped out.

His literal lone political achievement was winning SC in 2020.

You kind of overlooked the 2020 General Election as a possible bigger achievement to add to that SC primary win.

7 hours ago, Pancho said:

image.thumb.png.a103afe2aa9c9485746caf8e3883b4ef.png

• Thoughts and prayers
  • We'll have to get over it
  • Lunatics, what are you going to do?
  • Mah guns
  • SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!!!! 2A4L
  • At least it wasn't at a school (probably only because school was still out for summer)
  • Good thing he didn't have a bump stock
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

You kind of overlooked the 2020 General Election as a possible bigger achievement to add to that SC primary win.

• Thoughts and prayers
  • We'll have to get over it
  • Lunatics, what are you going to do?
  • Mah guns
  • SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!!!! 2A4L
  • At least it wasn't at a school (probably only because school was still out for summer)
  • Good thing he didn't have a bump stock
  • It could have been worse
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

I would assume (hope?) that they'll be speaking while the roll call is going on.

• Hook 'Em 1