[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

Just an elite public speaker.  I remember almost 20 years ago I sat in on some public speaking workshop in DC for work and his '04 convention speech (before anyone really knew him) was the example shown as a "perfect speech".  He wasn't even in his prime then and still nobody has touched him since.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, F250 said:

I remember when he was giving his speech at the DNC back in 2004. He was was speaking as I happened to walk by the TV and he actually made me stop amd watch. I said something like "I don't really know anything about this guy but he damn he can give a speech. I can see him moving up the chain pretty fast."

Same. I was a Republican back then, and I just remember thinking....wow.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, BamaATL said:

I know you can work hard at public speaking, and I know you can improve at it, but some people just have a natural gift with it, Obama is one of those.  I'm not trying to take away from his the hard work he put in to it.  He's just really good. 

e5011e90-9443-459e-809e-6fb0a5f54ceb_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexasEd said:

George Clooney effect

He's tried to play it down the middle because that's what ex-Presidents are supposed to do. Then Trump started in on Biden after he was voted out and Obama knows it is his time to unload and help his team win the game. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Anastasis said:

He droned American citizens and failed wrt his political promises on Guantanamo. Come on guys. We don't have to completely divorce ourselves from reality and history. 

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

I remember when he was giving his speech at the DNC back in 2004. He was was speaking as I happened to walk by the TV and he actually made me stop amd watch. I said something like "I don't really know anything about this guy but he damn he can give a speech. I can see him moving up the chain pretty fast."

I remember wondering why they were giving the keynote to the guy that was goint to cakewalk into the Senate because Seven of Nine's messy divorce being made public. It didn't take long before I knew I was watching history and that he was going to have more buzz from that convention than Kerry.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

This board is much better with him on ignore.  

Nah. His posts pick me up on days I think I might've done something silly. It's amazing watching someone reveling in their wrongness and putting it on display for all to see. It's a reminder that even on my worst days, I did OK.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2