[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Ted's family and neighbors probably cheer when he leaves.    

Ted's neighbors intentionally set off his security alarm when he leaves town. They dump their leaves on his front yard. They slide the garbage man a twenty dollar bill to skip his house.

• Haha 4

Pete was strong but very measured.  Good move not to define him before his time, since he checks so many boxes. In fact, his solid but unspectacular performance might almost go completely unnoticed. I could tell he was holding back. 

Probably most telling speech of the night l.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Okay it was successful because Scott Jennings is about to blow a gasket on the cnn

That was something to see.  He wants to hear about policy.  Someone on set should have said Trump’s policy is ‘Kamala is a dumb black bitch’.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Booker missing the point of "weird" in his interview.  No Cory, we should NOT stop talking about that.  Quit trying to be a politician.  Be a human being.  They (including their supporters) ARE fucking weird.  The ones that are truly weird need to be pushed back into their holes and the ones that have just gone along with it need to understand they are being lumped in with those fucking weirdos.

• Hook 'Em 3

MSNBC: Neil Young sued Trump to stop him using "Keep On Rocking In The Free World" at his rallies but gave permission to use it tonight as a Walz anthem. Walz personally selected the tune. 

edit - old news apparently a few posts up 

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Pete was strong but very measured.  Good move not to define him before his time, since he checks so many boxes. In fact, his solid but unspectacular performance might almost go completely unnoticed. I could tell he was holding back. 

Probably most telling speech of the night l.

He knows what he's doing.  He is keeping his powder dry and will fucking unleash for 2032 (I'd be ok with 2028).

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

LOL, he truly is such a fucking loser. 

I switched to Fox News because my kid wanted to hear how they would spin the night.  All they had was it was wrong for Walz to knock someone going to Yale.  When Vance came on I changed it to CNN so I wouldn’t have to listen to that asshat and got to hear Scott Jennings also talk about the Yale comment.  Both stations zeroing in on that nothing Yale comment tells me the republicans have nothing right now to hit back with.  

I would also add, Scott Jennings is as big of a cunt as I have seen since my night with South Austin’s mom.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Yale comment isn't the best from Walz. He needs to follow it up with his other line I've heard before which is how Vance will sell out his roots to move up in this world. He will betray all that he was taught to get ahead. That's a much better line because then you can say how he hated Donald Trump but now wants to be his running mate. Maybe it was Pete who said that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

lol the dems have a dark message

They live in an alternate reality. It's the bullshit Vance will sling at their debate and Walz needs to be able to put him away. 

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

They live in an alternate reality. It's the bullshit Vance will sling at their debate and Walz needs to be able to put him away. 

It's all projection.  Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I had drinks at a bar association meeting after work where a local judge told me the country would be ending if Kamala is elected, and that Trump has not told any lies.

I did have a reply, but I’m not gonna put my name on any pleading in front of that guy until he or I die. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Jake Tapper is a shell of his former self. Does he even try to push back on anything now or is he just going with stock questions with no follow up or insistence to answer the actual question asked?

• Hook 'Em 2

This is the longest I've ever watched Vance talk and at least he puts together full sentences, even if they are total bullshit.  He is clearly smart, but just keeps hitting the same nonsense fox news talking points because they don't have anything else.

Just now, mdmost said:

Jake Tapper is a shell of his former self. Does he even try to push back on anything now or is he just going with stock questions with no follow up or insistence to answer the actual question asked?

yes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If Friedo was on fire, I wouldn’t even piss on him to douse it. I can’t wait to watch that cunt fade into oblivion and it will be all his fault. Vance was his choice.

Oh, he's not going to fade into oblivion.  Donald is going to die soon - not soon enough, but soon.  And that arrogant coke-head is going to get a shit-ton of money and a vision to regain his birthright.  He is going to have a long, public, somewhat comical descent into madness.  

25 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You’ve just seen it over the past few days. And forget the House and Senate and Cabinet—look at our governors. Walz, Shapiro, Brashear, Moore, Newsom, Pritzinger, Whitmer—any fucking one of them would be very good presidential candidates.

Any fucking one.

Who does the other side have? Desantis? Abbott? Who? None of these people have real national appeal. But that’s all they’ve got.

Mostly just the cheap knockoff versions of Trump.  The party will need to go into a new direction, assuming Trump loses this time.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mdmost said:

Like when Vance says the Dems support high inflation and open borders and Tapper thanks him.  Tapper like most people in the media are weak and I truly long for the days of Cronkite, Rather, Brokaw, Brinkley, that would call that shit out.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Tuco said:

Oh, he's not going to fade into oblivion.  Donald is going to die soon - not soon enough, but soon.  And that arrogant coke-head is going to get a shit-ton of money and a vision to regain his birthright.  He is going to have a long, public, somewhat comical descent into madness.  

He's an empty suit with daddy issues. No one will give a shit about Friedo when Trump is dead. The only thing he can do is whine about what his dad would've wanted as the party sharply turns away from that wing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2