[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At times Dems have gone overly wonky with detailed policies while the GOP would focus on their values. Think Gore vs Bush. People vote on values and ideas at the 40,000 foot level. Talking about CPI formulas or acceptable part-per-million carbon levels doesn't win over undecided voters.

This. HRC was a wonk.  Biden can get too wonky and hung up on policy. 

Obama and Bill and to an extent, Harris, can talk without devolving into pie chart word salad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Tuco said:

And that arrogant coke-head is going to get a shit-ton of money and a vision to regain his birthright.  He is going to have a long, public, somewhat comical descent into madness.  

Narrator: “ In the end, all of the money went to Ivanka in the will, which stated that Don Junior was getting nothing because of “the JD Vance pick that cost me the election.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Vance might be the most tone-deaf VP candidate in our nation's history. 

"I mean what is going on at the DNC? What's the deal with these narcissists who want to eat shitty fast food and play golf and fuck their daughters?"  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Am I taking crazy pills or is everyone else? He’s not fucking mocking people who went to Yale, he’s mocking specifically JD Vance who went to Yale but pretends to be an everyman based on some bullshit story he made up about his youth. Not to mention that the republican platform for at least 30 years has been to mock the “liberal Ivy League elites.” How has everyone seemingly lost that in translation? It’s blatantly obvious, like the most obvious thing one can say in a stump speech! I want to pull my fucking hair out!! We really are that stupid as a county I guess, fuck!!! 

And a guy who graduated from Chadron State, and is so much more qualified than the guy from Yale, gets to say that.  Walz proves that the main thing that Yale graduates have that others don't, is a piece of paper from Yale.  The other thing they frequently have is generational wealth.  Granted, JD Vance is one of the exceptions.  But that piece of paper from Yale was his ticket into the club.  Ivy League schools have massive resources and great teachers, but more than that, they are about status.   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ran out of tears last night watching Gus Walz. Woke up this morning with ducts recharged and they're flowing again. 

Can confirm I had to wipe away some tears watching this morning while walking the dog. Luckily I was also sweating 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I think 538 said he’s more unpopular than Palin

Palin had that MILF-ish look to her when she was sprung onto the scene that, for better or worse, gave her some popularity.

Vance is just weird as fuck to start with and it goes downhill from that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

There is no speaker schedule for tonight listed anywhere, which is interesting. Maybe just finalizing stuff, but also wonder if they have some they want to keep as a surprise. 

They've been releasing it every day in the early afternoon.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

They've been releasing it every day in the early afternoon.

We know Kinzinger is speaking tonight. But yeah. They’ll release it later this morning or early afternoon, as they’ve been doing 

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyone seen Colin Allred?????

You'd think a candidate running against one of the most unpopular and polarizing senators in DC would want to increase his profile a bit by using the DNC to get out there and stump for a Harris/Walz ticket and increase his chances of some down ballot voters supporting him as well. Crazy idea I know, just throwing it out there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

Anyone seen Colin Allred?????

You'd think a candidate running against one of the most unpopular and polarizing senators in DC would want to increase his profile a bit by using the DNC to get out there and stump for a Harris/Walz ticket and increase his chances of some down ballot voters supporting him as well. Crazy idea I know, just throwing it out there.

He’s running similar playbook to Tester and Sherrod brown. The Dem brand in Texas sucks, so he’s running from it, not embracing it 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’s running similar playbook to Tester and Sherrod brown. The Dem brand in Texas sucks, so he’s running from it, not embracing it 

I don't think the "dem brand in Texas" is the problem, its that the word "dem" on a statewide level is a dealkiller to the vast majority of today's Texans. Seems you have to pretend to not really be a democrat to even have a chance. The Beto out front should have told you.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Maybe he should listen when Michelle Obama warns Dems about getting a goldilocks complex, and it seems like that's just the kind of middling campaign he's running. 

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

In Dana's defense (which will be a one-time thing), that's not what she said at all. (I know - hard to fathom intellectual dishonesty from Charlie 8-Head ...)  She was just saying that they weren't targeting the type of insecure dipshits that get revved up by Hulk Hogan's shtick.  Of course, it works because it's hard to listen to more than 5 seconds of her meandering commentary.

Yes she was thinking on the fly, probably self-censored as she realized calling hard-core republican men "neanderthals" would cause her trouble.

53 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Narrator: “ In the end, all of the money went to Ivanka in the will, which stated that Don Junior was getting nothing because of “the JD Vance pick that cost me the election.”

After Harris wins the utes vote 95-5, Barron “TikTok Czar Trump 2024” will also get cut out of the will. 

There was talk of letting someone speak tonight but they axed it. I hope there’s no shenanigans when Harris speaks 
now this

“Maybe we shouldn’t give the people who have repeatedly caused disruptions to our presidential candidate’s rallies and called her complicit to genocide unfettered access to a microphone and a national audience” is a line of thinking that most people understand.

Their cause is certainly noble but they have absolutely no reason to expect a speaking slot after their actions towards Democrats over the past few months.
  • Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

There was talk of letting someone speak tonight but they axed it. I hope there’s no shenanigans when Harris speaks 

now this

It's only fair to provide a platform for the victims on both sides of the IDF. There are 100k Michigan votes that will disappear for no reason at all. Five minutes on stage is all they are asking for.

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

It's only fair to provide a platform for the victims on both sides of the IDF. There are 100k Michigan votes that will disappear for no reason at all. Five minutes on stage is all they are asking for.

Maybe they should have considered the consequences of their actions before showing their whole ass. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe they should have considered the consequences of their actions before showing their whole ass. 

What action specifically? The uncommitted delegates have been entirely peaceful and diplomatic with the DNC. They made their requests through proper channels. The blatant favoritism is a horrible look. The UAW carries a lot of weight in Michigan. FAFO.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

“Maybe we shouldn’t give the people who have repeatedly caused disruptions to our presidential candidate’s rallies and called her complicit to genocide unfettered access to a microphone and a national audience” is a line of thinking that most people understand.

Their cause is certainly noble but they have absolutely no reason to expect a speaking slot after their actions towards Democrats over the past few months.

I don't think it's the same people.  You have one group that is trying to work within the system (the uncommitted delegates) and another who is working outside the system (protestors interrupting Harris.)  It's not the method that is blocking them, it's the message.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

What action specifically? The uncommitted delegates have been entirely peaceful and diplomatic with the DNC. They made their requests through proper channels. The blatant favoritism is a horrible look. The UAW carries a lot of weight in Michigan. FAFO.

The whole blocking attendee access to the convention, running up on stage acting like fools, those kinds of actions. Giving them a voice will cost a lot more votes than telling them to fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

I don't think it's the same people.  You have one group that is trying to work within the system (the uncommitted delegates) and another who is working outside the system (protestors interrupting Harris.)  It's not the method that is blocking them, it's the message.  

This.

The crusty drum circle dipshits are at least a half mile from the United Center.

Uncommitted delegates are experienced democrats who were sent to Chicago by their state's party and are trying to work within the DNC's framework.

Just now, chainsaw said:

This.

The crusty drum circle dipshits are at least a half mile from the United Center.

Uncommitted delegates are experienced democrats who were sent to Chicago by their state's party and are trying to work within the DNC's framework.

If they don’t like it, they should have tried to get their message heard at the RNC. Why didn’t they do that when they had the chance?  Oh…, 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Red Five said:

Let me get this straight. A Trump account is called Walz a "freakish slob"?

but WAAAAH don't call me names!

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

now this

If these assholes give Trump the win then I sure hope his administration keeps his word and rounds up and deports every single one of these motherfuckers to Gaza. These idiots will get the rudest awakening in human history.

It will at least give us some satisfaction as he burns our country to the ground knowing that their fate is infinitely worse.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

If they don’t like it, they should have tried to get their message heard at the RNC. Why didn’t they do that when they had the chance?  Oh…, 

The delegates from the Democratic party should have gone to the RNC to demand change from the party not in power?

Just now, Foosters said:

The delegates from the Democratic party should have gone to the RNC to demand change from the party not in power?

Only in disguises though. Maybe a mustache and stuff a pillow under their shirt and carry about an 8 ball 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Only in disguises though. Maybe a mustache and stuff a pillow under their shirt and carry about an 8 ball 

Pro-Palestinian (or even Israel-critical) people get exiled like Candace Owens (to be fair, she's a legit antisemite and has totally spiraled into Alex Jones territory)