[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Vance might be the most tone-deaf VP candidate in our nation's history. 

He knows exactly who his audience is.  Whether that is an audience of one, or the MAGA base, or both, who knows, but he definitely has an audience he’s playing too.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, The Dog said:

but WAAAAH don't call me names!

If these assholes give Trump the win then I sure hope his administration keeps his word and rounds up and deports every single one of these motherfuckers to Gaza. These idiots will get the rudest awakening in human history.

It will at least give us some satisfaction as he burns our country to the ground knowing that their fate is infinitely worse.

And anyone hoping they sew dissent can have their previously forgiven student loans reinstated with an extra 9% “service fee” added to the bill. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Am I taking crazy pills or is everyone else? He’s not fucking mocking people who went to Yale, he’s mocking specifically JD Vance who went to Yale but pretends to be an everyman based on some bullshit story he made up about his youth. Not to mention that the republican platform for at least 30 years has been to mock the “liberal Ivy League elites.” How has everyone seemingly lost that in translation? It’s blatantly obvious, like the most obvious thing one can say in a stump speech! I want to pull my fucking hair out!! We really are that stupid as a county I guess, fuck!!! 

It's a theme on the ticket and the Maga wing of the party,  They try to act like they are the common-man/populists but they are imposter, AI beta imposters.

JD Vance, Don Jr, Ted Cruz, Dan Patrick, etc.  At least it's a contrast from the true dolts like Boobert, Three Toes Green, Chip Roy, Paul Gosar, ...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And anyone hoping they sew dissent can have their previously forgiven student loans reinstated with an extra 9% “service fee” added to the bill. 

sow

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Didn’t stop the Teamsters dude. 

Teamsters is a very big tent with a lot of MAGA among its members, unfortunately. I found the O'Brien thing to be blatant pandering to remain in power by appeasing that voting bloc within the union. Fucking pathetic sellout and I hope it backfires.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

closely aligned with

Calling bullshit on this.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

no benefit to giving them airtime

they why did they give airtime to the Oct 7 victims?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

unpopular

Not true, either.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

like five votes

Try 100k. There's a reason the UAW has weighed in.

I think the DNC should absolutely give 5 minutes to the speakers about Gaza. It will further illustrate why a ceasefire is necessary and put the spotlight on the danger Trump is posing to everyone in the region, for his own person gain, if the reports are true. 

• Hook 'Em 2

When did the uncommitted delegation request a speaking slot at the convention? I could be wrong about this, but it seems like they waited to spring it during the convention, which if that's the case is fucking ridiculous behavior.  

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I think the DNC should absolutely give 5 minutes to the speakers about Gaza. It will further illustrate why a ceasefire is necessary and put the spotlight on the danger Trump is posing to everyone in the region, for his own person gain, if the reports are true. 

I sort of agree. I just don’t trust what else they’ll say to harm Harris.

they want a spot to speak but don’t want to endorse? Fuck outta here 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

harm Harris.

I've watched some of their social media from the sit-in. They only intend to make their case for a ceasefire and arms embargo. They are not going to urge people to vote third party or for Trump.

It's going to be crazy tonight when George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Mike Pence, Dan Quayle, and Mitt Romney all come out and endorse Harris. Along with a bunch of former members of Trump's cabinet. 

Ok probably not the best idea.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

It's going to be crazy tonight when George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Mike Pence, Dan Quayle, and Mitt Romney all come out and endorse Harris. Along with a bunch of former members of Trump's cabinet. 

Ok probably not the best idea.

They can cover the 2:00-3:00 time slot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Look who made the list

- Hon. Deb Haaland - Marcia Fudge - Sen. Alex Padilla - Sen. Bob Casey - Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Sen. Elizabeth Warren - Sen. Mark Kelly - Gov. Maura Healey - Gov. Gretchen Whitmer - Gov. Roy Cooper - Rep. Katherine Clark - Rep. Adam Kinzinger - Rep. Lucy McBath - Rep. Joe Neguse - Rep. Maxwell Frost - Rep. Elissa Slotkin - Rep. Colin Allred - Rep. Ruben Gallego - State Reps. Gloria Johnson, Justin Jones and Justin Pearson (“Tennessee Three”) - Gabby Giffords -Vice President Kamala Harris

Just now, Js1 said:

Look who made the list

- Hon. Deb Haaland - Marcia Fudge - Sen. Alex Padilla - Sen. Bob Casey - Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Sen. Elizabeth Warren - Sen. Mark Kelly - Gov. Maura Healey - Gov. Gretchen Whitmer - Gov. Roy Cooper - Rep. Katherine Clark - Rep. Adam Kinzinger - Rep. Lucy McBath - Rep. Joe Neguse - Rep. Maxwell Frost - Rep. Elissa Slotkin - Rep. Colin Allred - Rep. Ruben Gallego - State Reps. Gloria Johnson, Justin Jones and Justin Pearson (“Tennessee Three”) - Gabby Giffords -Vice President Kamala Harris

Slotkin, Allred, Gallego are all running for Senate

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I sort of agree. I just don’t trust what else they’ll say to harm Harris.

they want a spot to speak but don’t want to endorse? Fuck outta here 

They should endorse, they know it's in their best interest, and they probably won't get a spot without it. I'm all for calling for Democrats to grow a spine, and they seem to be doing that, but they're not going to let you speak at this DNC if you're going to be perceived as negative about Kamala.

Plus there's still this weird climate around any conversation regarding Israel where many otherwise progressive people are still super weirdly aggressively hostile toward anyone that's championing that cause, see a few of the recent posts in this thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Kid needs a new barber, sure, but other than that it was pretty sweet. 

Not sure what his neurodivergence is, but for many on the spectrum they are very uncomfortable with people using scissors or electric trimmers on their heads. So it may be that Mrs walz trims his hair at home. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Look who made the list

Slotkin, Allred, Gallego are all running for Senate

• Haha 4

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure what his neurodivergence is, but for many on the spectrum they are very uncomfortable with people using scissors or electric trimmers on their heads. So it may be that Mrs walz trims his hair at home. 

Don't I feel like the fucking asshole. /Nicholson 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Pancho said:

magats derisively accusing democratic politicians of being liars is the most mind blowing shit i’ve ever seen, and i’ll never get used to it. it’s too fucking crazy. their hero is the. let profound liar in american history, and yet they throw that accusation around like they give a shit. these people are insane.

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 1

The problem though is we give these outrage merchants the oxygen they crave. You don't need further evidence that Ann Coulter and Clay Travis are horrible people. Nothing they say should shock you. They're trying to use outrage to stay relevant. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

The problem though is we give these outrage merchants the oxygen they crave. You don't need further evidence that Ann Coulter and Clay Travis are horrible people. Nothing they say should shock you. They're trying to use outrage to stay relevant. 

It's hard to ditch the foolish hope that maybe this will be the thing that's a step too far and force people to open their eyes to how heinous and horrible all of their thought leaders are. 

Yes, I'm an idiot, you don't have to tell me.

When you see them claim that michelle, Barack, and Tim gave terrible speeches you realize that either they reject reality in its entirety or they think it’s all a game and the rules are always hate on your opponent. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

When you see them claim that michelle, Barack, and Tim gave terrible speeches you realize that either they reject reality in its entirety or they think it’s all a game and the rules are always hate on your opponent. 

Why not both?

Also the idea of going after walz, who comes off as honest and trustworthy as a public person can, as a serial liar is a hilarious tack. Especially when it’s tortured logic at best to get there.  He didn’t use ivf, he used iui!  He didn’t retire as a CSM!!!  Ah ha!

it’d be like going after a candidate who’s father is Jamaican as not really black. 

• Hook 'Em 1