[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

1 hour ago, thepop said:

Realistically it’s probably Beyoncé, Taylor Swift or MJ. I can’t imagine GWB being at a DNC and applauded.

That would genuinely be one of the most awkward scenes in modern American political history.  It's not just that Bush is from the opposite party.  It's that many partisan Democrats genuinely consider him to be a war criminal (an opinion I don't share, btw, but I guess I understand).  I'm just not at all sure what kind of reception he would get even if he is there to strongly endorse the Democratic nominee.

• Hook 'Em 7

A friend of mine who worked for a Dem congresswoman from the St Louis area up until a year or so ago just texted our Fuck Trump groupchat that "supposedly, Taylor's PJ has landed in Chicago"

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b36kqyoyka41wci4jnp1

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Fallout boy are a Chicagoland band. And  Taylor has covered one of their songs in concerts…

Dude if we are going Chicago bands it's Urge Overkill of gtfo for me

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

He's telling the truth, though. Children are being killed by Biden's policies.

this is the part where I ask you to justify that and explain why Biden’s policies control what Israel does, and you disappear and don’t respond

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

All the guessing and hype for this slot is so fucking good. People are talking about it all day. Genius. 

Regardless of what happens, this has been the best DNC of my lifetime. They are finally firing on all cylinders. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That would genuinely be one of the most awkward scenes in modern American political history.  It's not just that Bush is from the opposite party.  It's that many partisan Democrats genuinely consider him to be a war criminal (an opinion I don't share, btw, but I guess I understand).  I'm just not at all sure what kind of reception he would get even if he is there to strongly endorse the Democratic nominee.

He can send out a press release.  The last thing the Dems would want to see is the guy who became POTUS because of SCOTUS (and his brother being governor of Florida) and plunged us into war and the Great Recession. 

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If the surprise guest is an entertainer, I wouldn't understand any reason that you wouldn't want to publicize it in advance. The goal would be to get people to watch, not hear about it the next day.

Building hype

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If the surprise guest is an entertainer, I wouldn't understand any reason that you wouldn't want to publicize it in advance. The goal would be to get people to watch, not hear about it the next day.

If you don't think all the talk and speculation all day isn't going to get people to tune in, your crazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

this is the part where I ask you to justify that and explain why Biden’s policies control what Israel does, and you disappear and don’t respond

Not to mention the only thing Biden can really do is completely cut Israel's funding entirely -- 75 days out from the most important election in this country's history. It would be political suicide.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

A friend of mine who worked for a Dem congresswoman from the St Louis area up until a year or so ago just texted our Fuck Trump groupchat that "supposedly, Taylor's PJ has landed in Chicago"

She only sent her pajamas? What good will that do?

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Her jet is in Nashville. It got there last night from London. 

3 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Fuck him for going after Shapiro about Israel, and his continued nonsensical diatribes that suggest that to be a good Jew you have to be a GQP member and also the antisemitic trope that Israel has to be more important to American Jews than the country they're actually living in.

This American Jew is fucking sick of him attacking the Jewish values I hold dear, including welcoming the stranger, the right for women to control their own bodies, the importance of education, religious freedom, and i could go on.

Most of this is just noise to me at this point.  But I will never forgive his supporters, for supporting this crap.

Ditto. Not even a majority of Israelis support Netanyahu and his policies. Apparently they're bad Jews, too. 

• Hook 'Em 1