[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

2 minutes ago, naija said:

underrated that her speaking voice is simply pleasant to listen to.

I will confess that I've never been able to do more than 2 continuous minutes of Trump, no matter the import of what he was saying...

It’s actually a big deal, always has been. But yeah few talk about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Derka said:

if kendrick comes out and starts performing they not like us i’m going to start bouncing off the walls.

If there was someone planned for now, I think they probably just cancel. Can't beat that.

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ain't no "special guest" gonna be able to follow that.  There may have been one lined up, but they done packed their shit and went to the house.

Beat me to it.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

She's making promises she can't keep with regard to lowering the cost of living but that's politics.

if they keep lowering inflation the way it slowly going then there are kernels  of truth in there my dude.

That said, in seventh grade Mike Kamensuka, a Japanese dude in my Kansas City Missouri class ran for class president.   He promised Coke and root beer in the water fountains and a more relaxed missing classes because of cold weather policy.

Every single one of us knew it was bullshit, but his optimism and personality made us all say fuck it - you won’t be able to do that but he’s an awesome dude. He won in a landslide.   And no offense, but anyone thinking any politician will keep 100% of the shit they say on the campaign Trail should permanently live on the short bus.    

Do not harsh our mellow this night and go with the flow..

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

No Beyoncé or Swift?  I guess I have to vote for Trump now. 
Also, how long until Scott Jennings critiques her speech by saying it was a little too “uppity”.  

Very articulate

Just now, Scheiss Meister said:

No one is leaving the hall.  This was a PARTY, and they don't want it to end.

There will be a increase in births in 9 - 10 months 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

As Surly's public speaking professional--

Kamala Harris - A+

Barack Obama - A

Tim Walz - A-

not a politician, but my GOAT of speeches is Carl Sagan.

"... on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam... "

a more beautiful phrase, I have not heard.

• Hook 'Em 4

43 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Her oratory skills have improved an inconceivable amount in the last four years.

She’s a prettier Angela Merkel with the same amount of gravitas but w/o the Physics Ph.D. She’ll do well on the world stage.