[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Trump will not go on a debate where the network will fact check him. In the Biden debate, he was allowed to spew all kinds of bullshit and was not called out for it. We saw how that turned out with Biden getting the bad reviews from that debate while nothing came of Trump's bullshit lies.

I imagine that's why he wants to debate on Fox because they will not fact check his bullshit.

There's no way his team allows him to debate a prosecutor whose is well versed in debating while getting called out for this bullshit by the moderator. His team has to want him to lose to allow it.

she needs to fact check him then.  we all know what he's going to say.  he hasn't changed his message in 9 years.

22 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Trump will not go on a debate where the network will fact check him. In the Biden debate, he was allowed to spew all kinds of bullshit and was not called out for it. We saw how that turned out with Biden getting the bad reviews from that debate while nothing came of Trump's bullshit lies.

I imagine that's why he wants to debate on Fox because they will not fact check his bullshit.

There's no way his team allows him to debate a prosecutor whose is well versed in debating while getting called out for this bullshit by the moderator. His team has to want him to lose to allow it.

no network will fact check him via the moderators. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

https://dailyboulder.com/trump-agrees-to-debate-harris-on-fox-news-demands-no-fact-checking/

Biden later bitched about Trump not getting fact checked during the debate. No way Kamala's team agrees to a debate w/out fact checking; otherwise, what's the fucking point of debate when the piece of shit can say whatever the fuck he wants. This is why Trump only wanted to debate on Fox.

We'll see if ABC fact checks but I will be surprised as fuck if it doesn't happen.

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

she needs to fact check him then.  we all know what he's going to say.  he hasn't changed his message in 9 years.

None of that matters so long as they turn off his mic and she can talk without being interrupted with his bullshit.    if he’s allowed to interrupt her, she will cut his nuts off.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Chainsaw, since you liked my post about the protests and I’m not wading into that Israel thread - happy or not about her section on Israel/Gaza? One word answer is fine 

Kamala delivered an elegant summary of the current administration policy and goals, and was perhaps a bit more rhetorically forward leaning on Palestinian self-determination although a two-state solution has been policy for several administrations.  She noted Israel’s right to defend itself, she highlighted the administration’s push for a ceasefire, and the unacceptable loss of civilian life. That IS the administration policy.

There was no way that anyone inside the DNC was going to open up the main stage to debate foreign policy even at the nuanced level at the convention. It’s all downside. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

She can’t fact check him and burn all of her time doing it.  

This. Some of it she just has to say that’s a lie and move on 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He lies 2x per minute on average. If they were to fact-check verbally the moderator would take up probably 4x the combined time of the candidates. 

That's why the advice is to follow-up anything he says with, "That's nuts" or something similar that's mocking, and then move on to her response. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So Harris has got this correct? Can I relax now?

74 days is a god damn lifetime. It could stay close like 16 or 20 or start to pull away from him like a 2008. At this point, gotta let the convention high wear off and we go right into the debate 

• Hook 'Em 1

Relief.

Coming into this week, for me, there was significant trepidation. Biden was obviously unfit to continue and Kamala was the only viable path given the timing. The excitement over her campaign has been great to see, but this week COULD have fucked that all up. Would someone say something stupid that stole the focus? Would protestors give the false impression that this was a chaos party? And, most importantly, would Kamala turn out to be a poor speaker, incapable of swaying the few who still haven’t made their choice.

None of that happened, and we actually even got a much better end-to-end presentation than I ever would have imagined. Going in, I’d have said a good outcome was that momentum wasn’t lost. I’d say we blew through that and I now fully expect to see the routine convention bump that last week would have been a pipe dream

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

None of that matters so long as they turn off his mic and she can talk without being interrupted with his bullshit.    if he’s allowed to interrupt her, she will cut his nuts off.

She should want his mic hot and have him interrupt her. You want to piss off women at home, have Trump interrupt Harris again and again.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Exactly. The most difficult opponent in a debate - or when arguing a motion - is some asshole who flat out lies about things.    When you go down the wormhole of correcting the lies, you lose the train of thought of your own presentation and run out of time. 

The problem with lying is that it is very effective. 

• Rage+1 3

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Vote. Tell everyone you know to vote. And then shame the fuck out of magats for being the traitorous dipshits that they are. It won't change their minds but we need to stop being nice to idiot traitors.

Absolutely. I started calling out magat cunts to their faces during the pandemic, and I'm not stopping now.

I usually have this beast with me, so it makes it easier.

IMG_20240808_072900077.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

24 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He lies 2x per minute on average. If they were to fact-check verbally the moderator would take up probably 4x the combined time of the candidates. 

That's why the advice is to follow-up anything he says with, "That's nuts" or something similar that's mocking, and then move on to her response. 

We have AI now. AI is very fast. I propose that we hook up a shock collar to both candidates. Whenever AI determines that a lie has been told .... whammo. 

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Absolutely. I started calling out magat cunts to their faces during the pandemic, and I'm not stopping now.

I usually have this beast with me, so it makes it easier.

IMG_20240808_072900077.jpg

Holy shit, I get scared just looking at that horrific beast.   

Actually, he looks like he'd sell you out for a slice of American cheese

• Haha 7
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

She should want his mic hot and have him interrupt her. You want to piss off women at home, have Trump interrupt Harris again and again.

She needs to want to have her and trump walk stage and the moment that he pulls that shit he did with Clinton where he looms over her/stalks her around stage Harris needs to turn around and say to him “this isn’t a dressing room and you can’t afford another sexual assault settlement”

Or just turn and walk right at him and stare his ass down. 

Make his bullying take center stage 

• Hook 'Em 6

22 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Exactly. The most difficult opponent in a debate - or when arguing a motion - is some asshole who flat out lies about things.    When you go down the wormhole of correcting the lies, you lose the train of thought of your own presentation and run out of time. 

i mean that's pretty much what happened to Biden, with old age befuddlism as the cherry on top. he even said it later that night at Waffle House - 'it's hard to debate a liar!'

i mean that's pretty much what happened to Biden, with old age befuddlism as the cherry on top. he even said it later that night at Waffle House - 'it's hard to debate a liar!'

The problem with fact checking is that it requires either trusting the fact checker or effort on the audience to check the source material. While Kamala should still call bullshit, that just shows it’s disputed.

But weird is self-evident. Counting “the I’s instead of the lies” is also easy to show. Trump is going to complain about all the injustices that have been done to him, and Harris needs to hammer that. He’s just a whiny rich boy who can’t stand not having everything he wants, especially a second term.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

The problem with fact checking is that it requires either trusting the fact checker or effort on the audience to check the source material. While Kamala should still call bullshit, that just shows it’s disputed.

But weird is self-evident. Counting “the I’s instead of the lies” is also easy to show. Trump is going to complain about all the injustices that have been done to him, and Harris needs to hammer that. He’s just a whiny rich boy who can’t stand not having everything he wants, especially a second term.

Plus the MSM is showing itself to be terrible at it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Also, Harris isn’t leaning into the first woman angle like Hillary did.  She knows we know she’s a woman.  She’s saying vote for me because I’m better and I happen to be a woman vs vote for me because I’m a woman.

Even Clinton’s speech at this year’s DNC was about Harris breaking through glass ceiling. 

Harris is just superior, more experienced candidate than trump. Hands down. I think Harris is being smart as she obviously knows how this election is breaking along gender lines but doesn’t need to “Captain Obvious” it all the time. 

• Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If she's up by 3%, we need to get to 5%. If she gets up 5%, we need to get to 7%. If she's up 7%, let's fucking aim for double digits. 

No mercy. To properly kill off MAGA we need to blow them out. 

Fucking hang half a hundred. LFG.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I’d like to bring up an extremely subtle point from last night that I believe subconsciously produced a very strong positive response from women. 

My wife several times last night while watching the proceedings remarked how happy, excited, and supportive Kamala’s husband seemed. Apparently that really made a positive impact on her. It’s something I probably would have not noticed. I’m thinking a lot of women noticed that, either consciously or subconsciously, and made them feel good too. 

• Hook 'Em 6

45 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't recognize the United States or its so-called flags because according to the Treaty of Tordesillas, this half of the globe is still subject to the Kingdom of Castilla.

And no, I do not have to present a "drivers' license" to anyone not wearing the livery of the Viceroy. I do not treat with rogues, bandits, nor charlatans, Sirrah. Engage in mass psychosis as thou wilt, I will not join you in your fantastical caperings.

Do you have this memorized?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If she's up by 3%, we need to get to 5%. If she gets up 5%, we need to get to 7%. If she's up 7%, let's fucking aim for double digits. 

No mercy. To properly kill off MAGA we need to blow them out. 

Need a trifecta to make thing happen. Harris-Walz coattails will be important to win House and Senate races.

#demhouse   #demsenate

• Hook 'Em 6

55 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Speaking of spouses, Gwen Walz might be my favorite person ever and if they don't get Kristen Wiig to play her on SNL, I'm showing up on Lorne's doorstep

She was so funny when Obama was cracking on Tim's flannel shirts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

This convention was tits.

That being said, I wish MVP had specifically called turnip a liar. 

• Hook 'Em 2