[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I’d like to bring up an extremely subtle point from last night that I believe subconsciously produced a very strong positive response from women. 

My wife several times last night while watching the proceedings remarked how happy, excited, and supportive Kamala’s husband seemed. Apparently that really made a positive impact on her. It’s something I probably would have not noticed. I’m thinking a lot of women noticed that, either consciously or subconsciously, and made them feel good too. 

In contrast, there's evidence that Melania only shows up when she's paid by the Trump campaign or PAC. And I realize that families can have different levels of public affection for each other, there is no evidence that anyone in the Trump family likes each other. Perhaps Melania and Baron being the exception.

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

there is no evidence that anyone in the Trump family likes each other

Isn't there a lot of evidence that they dislike each other?

But until they're openly feuding, they are ALL posers who I wish nothing but the worst for because they're leeches on society.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In contrast, there's evidence that Melania only shows up when she's paid by the Trump campaign or PAC. And I realize that families can have different levels of public affection for each other, there is no evidence that anyone in the Trump family likes each other. Perhaps Melania and Baron being the exception.

I wonder if they ever go on double dates w/ Donald and Ivanka...

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Perhaps Melania and Baron being the exception.

And given some of the photos of those two that surfaced recently, even that relationship is, at best, weird.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Kamala being an inspiration to young adults. As a dad with two mid 20s women, this shit makes me proud as hell of Kamala and what she means to women. h

I can't even.

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Last night my mom texted that the contrast between Harris and dotard couldn't be more stark and it's nice that at least one of the two candidates has more than a 12-word vocabulary and can speak in complete sentences.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Kamala being an inspiration to young adults. As a dad with two mid 20s women, this shit makes me proud as hell of Kamala and what she means to women. Imagine if the pedo piece of shit were talking to these young women.

that is fantastic. can't wait to vote 4 times for her

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Kamala being an inspiration to young adults. As a dad with two mid 20s women, this shit makes me proud as hell of Kamala and what she means to women. Imagine if the pedo piece of shit were talking to these young women.

Truly gives me chills how she speaks to these kids and how they are hanging on every word

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

there's a "Democrats For Trump" sign at the turn from 71 to 620 that i've thought about doing something similar to.

"Democrats for Trump eat their own feces"

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I just got a text from my sister-in-law in California.  She said she knows how California is going to turn out so she’s leaving for Michigan in October to knock on doors until the election - because swing state.   

Let’s do this people!

There is some of this going on up here in the PNW. Volunteer groups to phone bank and canvass in swing states.

10 hours ago, immamac said:

I have a family and a life outside of babysitting a bunch of grown ups on the internet.

Snl Are You Sure GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Texas will reportedly fire Charlie Strong, school says no decision (Update)  - Yahoo Sports

Texas won this game and has only beaten OU twice since.

• Rage+1 3

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If she's up by 3%, we need to get to 5%. If she gets up 5%, we need to get to 7%. If she's up 7%, let's fucking aim for double digits. 

No mercy. To properly kill off MAGA we need to blow them out. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chopper said:

He lies 2x per minute on average. If they were to fact-check verbally the moderator would take up probably 4x the combined time of the candidates. 

That's why the advice is to follow-up anything he says with, "That's nuts" or something similar that's mocking, and then move on to her response. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trumps-weird-debate-strategies-come-from-creationist-tactics/

Trump has a reason for lying, well a lot of reasons.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamnit. Seriously, I hate logging back into this site to clarify shit for folks. 

calling someone out online to fight is retarded. But when someone is claiming that anything other than Trump is the feminization of America, that’s a different story. 
so let’s go fuckface. My offer is on the table. Iconoclast can watch if he pays $100. But no fucking way will I breed that piece of shit. I’m not interested in aids. If he is lucky after I cum all over creasy’s face, I might (depending on my mood) spill my seed on his face. That way he won’t feel like the total loser he is. 

let’s go creasy. Let’s prove you are the alpha male for America. Feel free to DM me. But you won’t because you are in fact a pussy. I bet your wife fakes her orgasms. 

As for yall that don’t t get my SECRant comments, eventually you will. 

Hook ‘Em (from an actual Longhorn)

If this fight happens, I’ll pay $1,000 to the charity/fund of the winner’s choosing.

I would, however, request that I be allowed to opt out of all of the cum stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Even Clinton’s speech at this year’s DNC was about Harris breaking through glass ceiling. 

Harris is just superior, more experienced candidate than trump. Hands down. I think Harris is being smart as she obviously knows how this election is breaking along gender lines but doesn’t need to “Captain Obvious” it all the time. 

One possible explanatory factor for this might be the generation thing. Yes, they're both technically Boomers, but Hillary was born in 1947 while Kamala was born in 1964 (honestly, it's ridiculous that those are considered the same generation). If you subscribe to the notion that what's going on in the world when you come of age imprints an overarching worldview and political philosophy for the remainder of your life, then it'd make sense that Hillary is more invested in the idea of breaking the glass ceiling. 

Hillary came of age when women burned their bras in "radical" protests for equal rights, and she was still in her mid-20s for the Roe decision. In other words, she was in that prime "I'm fighting for my basic, fundamental rights" age group. Kamala, on the other hand, came of age well after those battles in the mid-1980s when women were starting to make real professional strides and actively experienced the breaking of the "glass ceiling" at a fairly young age.

This isn't to say that Kamala wouldn't have had to deal with a whole lot of bullshit early on (and obviously still does), but I think she probably learned early on how to navigate those waters productively and professionally.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else and I'm not saying it is the sole factor in all of this, but it checks out pretty well in my simple mind. 

Edit: I'll add another bit of food for thought on Hillary. By the time Bill ran for president, Hillary was already a clearly accomplished woman in her own right, but I remember pretty well some stupid fucking brouhaha about her not being the type of woman who baked cookies in the kitchen as being some sort of issue as a potential First Lady when Bill was running in 1992. I think there was even a thing on 60 Minutes about it when they were interviewed during the campaign. Other olds, I'm sure, remember that as well.

At this point, it's well known Kamala likes to cook, but that's just kind of a fun fact as opposed to a defining feature of who she is as a woman, an attorney, or a national leader.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

If this fight happens, I’ll pay $1,000 to the charity/fund of the winner’s choosing.

So you are opting out of the coolest part? Imagine getting your ass beat by someone and they are crazy enough to just whip it out and fire one off. Honestly, the concept is fascinating. This could revolutionize UFC. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

So you are opting out of the coolest part? Imagine getting your ass beat by someone and they are crazy enough to just whip it out and fire one off. Honestly, the concept is fascinating. This could revolutionize UFC. 

Google "ultimate surrender"

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Google "ultimate surrender"

12 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

No Way GIF

12 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Not a chance.

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

9b3b4fb2cc7e54e10705b89ceddc04b1.gif 

image.png.e7b07d36aedf959b49e367aa75ce2f3c.png

Edited by elfenix
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

16 hours ago, scottsins said:

I got fifty bucks that says Icono jumps in front of the cum shot, "saving" creasy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I just want it on record that I have never had pool spaghetti sex; I don't know any lesbians who have had pool spaghetti sex; and that pool spaghetti sex is not listed in the lesbian manual that each of us receives upon coming out

Okay, but like, hypothetically...?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I just want it on record that I have never had pool spaghetti sex; I don't know any lesbians who have had pool spaghetti sex; and that pool spaghetti sex is not listed in the lesbian manual that each of us receives upon coming out

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Okay, but like, hypothetically...?

This right here, is why Surly is the best. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

image.png.e7b07d36aedf959b49e367aa75ce2f3c.png

Ok, I have been a spectator at a spaghetti wrestling event.  Bigger pool than that one, but same idea.  It was more hipster-weird than redneck-creepy.  Run by a little art studio.  All volunteers, all body types, male and female.  Fun time.  I still have a picture of spaghetti dangling from an overhead cable.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Yep, having seen the handbook, it specifically calls for fusilli in the pool.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Saw a new one on the way home (office is in Lakeway) by LTHS: Keep Balls Out of Women’s Sports

Those fucking freaks have been busy.

I want to put up a sign next to it that just says "yall are wierd."

One next to "democrats for trump" that just says "thats not a thing." maybe just get a bunch of clown emoji signs.

22 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Saw a new one on the way home (office is in Lakeway) by LTHS: Keep Balls Out of Women’s Sports

Super religious conservative cousin of mine texted me the other day that he didn't like watching the Olympics, because "they let men compete against women". 

Me: "No they don't. The thing you're talking about... she is a biological female."

"Nope, HE was born male and HE is a guy competing against women." 

So, we have some work to do.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Super religious conservative cousin of mine texted me the other day that he didn't like watching the Olympics, because "they let men compete against women". 

Me: "No they don't. The thing you're talking about... she is a biological female."

Yeah but you aren't convincing your idiot cousin of anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

And that stops you ranking the ladies how?

1,2 but they do seem pretty similar in body type and not too dissimilar in facial features. 

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I read this article the other day. It's extremely informative, and focused on the men who were in charge of gender verification at the Atlanta Olympics. It's not at all what you'd expect it to be. Strong recommend. 

https://buttondown.com/tested/archive/tested-resisting-gender-verification-from-the/

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

One possible explanatory factor for this might be the generation thing. Yes, they're both technically Boomers, but Hillary was born in 1947 while Kamala was born in 1964 (honestly, it's ridiculous that those are considered the same generation). If you subscribe to the notion that what's going on in the world when you come of age imprints an overarching worldview and political philosophy for the remainder of your life, then it'd make sense that Hillary is more invested in the idea of breaking the glass ceiling. 

Hillary came of age when women burned their bras in "radical" protests for equal rights, and she was still in her mid-20s for the Roe decision. In other words, she was in that prime "I'm fighting for my basic, fundamental rights" age group. Kamala, on the other hand, came of age well after those battles in the mid-1980s when women were starting to make real professional strides and actively experienced the breaking of the "glass ceiling" at a fairly young age.

This isn't to say that Kamala wouldn't have had to deal with a whole lot of bullshit early on (and obviously still does), but I think she probably learned early on how to navigate those waters productively and professionally.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else and I'm not saying it is the sole factor in all of this, but it checks out pretty well in my simple mind. 

Edit: I'll add another bit of food for thought on Hillary. By the time Bill ran for president, Hillary was already a clearly accomplished woman in her own right, but I remember pretty well some stupid fucking brouhaha about her not being the type of woman who baked cookies in the kitchen as being some sort of issue as a potential First Lady when Bill was running in 1992. I think there was even a thing on 60 Minutes about it when they were interviewed during the campaign. Other olds, I'm sure, remember that as well.

At this point, it's well known Kamala likes to cook, but that's just kind of a fun fact as opposed to a defining feature of who she is as a woman, an attorney, or a national leader.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I was born in 92 so I have no memory of the election but my mother voted for Trump in 2016, and has since turned around and voted for Beto, Biden, and fucking figured out how to pull up a live stream (this woman routinely locks herself out of her email or Amazon or whatever) to support Kamala.

In one of our many "How can you be serious about voting for Trump?" conversations my mom harkened back to the whole Hillary not baking cookies thing. Some nonsense about Hillary not being a "real mom" and looking down on women like herself, who were.

Made no sense and was obviously the right wing outrage machine finding a way to strike a chord with my mother in light of her own issues, but that has really stuck with me as an example of just how extreme the coordinated media campaign against HRC was. She telegraphed her ambitions and Republicans spent years laying the foundation to prepare for her inevitable presidential candidacy.

Kamala may well pay some electoral tax as a woman, particularly a black woman, but she has a shot at making that a net neutral because the same advanced outrage machine just does not exist for her. Not in the very personal sense it did for Hillary Clinton anyway.

I think it’s pretty obvious to the entire world that the most enlightened, intelligent, and visionary people in the world are 60. 

They were raised by the Silent Generation, our best generation in the last 100 years. They had to deal with the selfishness and lack of perspective of the boomer generation, and are likely facing retirement with no pensions.

They had to deal with the disappearing act of Gen X. They had to raise Millenial kids with wildly different priorities and perspectives than themselves. And now they have to tolerant the super “look at me” generation without slapping them.

Every one of us should consider the words of 60 year olds to be of the highest quality. We should bow down to them daily. 

Signed,

DBlaze, B 1964.  

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think it’s pretty obvious to the entire world that the most enlightened, intelligent, and visionary people in the world are 60. 

They were raised by the Silent Generation, our best generation in the last 100 years. They had to deal with the selfishness and lack of perspective of the boomer generation, and are likely facing retirement with no pensions.

They had to deal with the disappearing act of Gen X. They had to raise Millenial kids with wildly different priorities and perspectives than themselves. And now they have to tolerant the super “look at me” generation without slapping them.

Every one of us should consider the words of 60 year olds to be of the highest quality. We should bow down to them daily. 

Signed,

DBlaze, B 1964.  

Ok Boomer

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1