[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

I think it’s pretty obvious to the entire world that the most enlightened, intelligent, and visionary people in the world are 60. 
They were raised by the Silent Generation, our best generation in the last 100 years. They had to deal with the selfishness and lack of perspective of the boomer generation, and are likely facing retirement with no pensions.
They had to deal with the disappearing act of Gen X. They had to raise Millenial kids with wildly different priorities and perspectives than themselves. And now they have to tolerant the super “look at me” generation without slapping them.
Every one of us should consider the words of 60 year olds to be of the highest quality. We should bow down to them daily. 
Signed,
DBlaze, B 1964.  

What fucking disappearing act by Gen X?
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I think it’s pretty obvious to the entire world that the most enlightened, intelligent, and visionary people in the world are 60. 

They were raised by the Silent Generation, our best generation in the last 100 years. They had to deal with the selfishness and lack of perspective of the boomer generation, and are likely facing retirement with no pensions.

They had to deal with the disappearing act of Gen X. They had to raise Millenial kids with wildly different priorities and perspectives than themselves. And now they have to tolerant the super “look at me” generation without slapping them.

Every one of us should consider the words of 60 year olds to be of the highest quality. We should bow down to them daily. 

Signed,

DBlaze, B 1964.  

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, bolverk said:

One possible explanatory factor for this might be the generation thing. Yes, they're both technically Boomers, but Hillary was born in 1947 while Kamala was born in 1964 (honestly, it's ridiculous that those are considered the same generation).

MVP is Gen X (barely but I'm fucking claiming her)

AI Overview

+7

According to the United States Census Bureau, baby boomers are people born between mid-1946 and mid-1964

15 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Obama is about a year older than I am and I'm a boomer.

Does Obama seem like he’s a boomer to you?  Did you watch Bill Clinton’s speech?

Harris is 9 years older than I am and Obama is 13 years older.  The Clintons are as old as my parents.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Does Obama seem like he’s a boomer to you?  Did you watch Bill Clinton’s speech?

Harris is 9 years older than I am and Obama is 13 years older.  The Clintons are as old as my parents.

Obama is literally a boomer. What someone "seems like" to you is not part of the criteria. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Harris and Obama are both Gen X.  Stop splitting hairs.  They’re not close to being Boomers like Hillary.

Why are you blabbering this nonsense?

Edit: Ah, finished the thread and now I understand what you have been trying to say, so poorly. 

Your point is valid. The very young boomers like myself and Obama grew up in a very different environment from older boomers, so there is a very different life outlook among the older vs younger. I’m as frustrated with older boomers as Gen X are. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Every time I read this thread title, the song starts up in my head. 

Should play it at her inauguration.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Can we ever not turn threads into generation wars, usually led by the Gen X on this site who care so much 

Fx Youth GIF by BasketsFX

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

the most sensible definitions of Gen X puts the beginning at 1961

The idea that someone born in 1946 has anything in common generationally with someone born in the mid 60’s has always been ridiculous.  They were old enough to go to Vietnam while the others were barely born.

No one in consumer products would lump a 60 year old in with a 78 year old.

• Hook 'Em 4

Let's solve this once and for all.

Everyone born before 1970 is a Boomer. Everyone born after 1984 is a Millennial. Everyone born between those years is Gen-X.

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

If you can remember seeing The Dirty Dozen when it first played in theatres/drive ins, you're a boomer.  

I remember being in the back seat, probably with some home-made popcorn, nodding off, which my dad and mom watched it at the Fredricksburg Drive-In in San Antonio.

Allegedly it was released in 1967.  

And no, I had no idea what was going on.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Black people weren't included when Boomers were taking roll call. GenX is taking Obama.

Instead of a racial draft, are we also doing a generation draft?

We of the Generation X delegation, pick Barrack Obama.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, F250 said:

Let's solve this once and for all.

Everyone born before 1970 is a Boomer. Everyone born after 1984 is a Millennial. Everyone born between those years is Gen-X.

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

Kurt Cobain was born in 1967

Douglas Coupland who coined the term Generation X was born in 1961

my dividing line is those who came of age after Vietnam are Gen X