[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

57 minutes ago, F250 said:

Let's solve this once and for all.

Everyone born before 1970 is a Boomer. Everyone born after 1984 is a Millennial. Everyone born between those years is Gen-X.

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

fuck what you're talking about. Signed, October '69

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well  let me tell you about Dallas and Houston. 

Who does he think made message boards popular man? It wasn’t the millennials I’ll tell ya that much.  Comes over here acting like the world started when he was born. Geez. When we was born our parents said “aren’t you adorable… now listen… the key to the house is under the flower pot by the garden hose, that should about do it… good luck.”

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Who does he think made message boards popular man? It wasn’t the millennials I’ll tell ya that much.  Comes over here acting like the world started when he was born. Geez. When we was born our parents said “aren’t you adorable… now listen… the key to the house is under the flower pot by the garden hose, that should about do it… good luck.”

Bitch you ain’t special. I was a latchkey kid too 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

Latchkey kids were a cultural phenomenon that resulted from multiple factors like divorce and more women entering the workplace. For Gen-X kids, this was a consequence of society changing.

If you were a latchkey kid as a Millennial it just meant your parents didn't love you.

also what age and for how long? For me it was 4th grade I was basically on my own (except for school) from 7am until about 7pm. only instructions given, "fish sticks in the freezer, you can use the microwave but not the oven or the stove, still don't burn the house down, and oh, don't open the door for anyone except the fire or police and definitely don't open it for the mormons or jehovah's witnesses, those folks are a cult."

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, G650 said:

brownies-started-baking-my-easy-bake-ove

my dad beat my ass when I asked for one of these for Christmas. kinda kidding, i new better than to ask for it, I didn't want my ass beaten.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

my dad beat my ass when I asked for one of these for Christmas. kinda kidding, i new better than to ask for it, I didn't want my ass beaten.

My cousin had one. We were basically like brother and sister growing up, because being Gen X of course my parents divorced when I was 18 months old, and my aunt worked as well, so she and I spent every weekday together at our grandmother's until we were school age. I will admit trying to make a cake in one of these fucking things.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I had one. I was all boy, I just liked to cook from an early age and my folks were open minded. 
IIRC they weren’t cheap either. Pretty sure my dad got it on layaway at Sears.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I had one. I was all boy, I just liked to cook from an early age and my folks were open minded. 

I will say one of the cool things about having a single mom as a kid is she taught me to cook from an early age.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

I will say one of the cool things about having a single mom as a kid is she taught me to cook from an early age.

I have talked about my grandfather a lot here but I also had very loving grandmothers and I’m so lucky I got to spend time with them and learn from them. Neither of them liked cooking much, but they were both good at it and I learned a lot from them both, about cooking and a whole lot else.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, troph said:

also what age and for how long? For me it was 4th grade I was basically on my own (except for school) from 7am until about 7pm. only instructions given, "fish sticks in the freezer, you can use the microwave but not the oven or the stove, still don't burn the house down, and oh, don't open the door for anyone except the fire or police and definitely don't open it for the mormons or jehovah's witnesses, those folks are a cult."

4th and 5th grade for me but I had older siblings in middle and high school that would would arrive home shortly after me.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, troph said:

Shit, I wanted one because of cake.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

I have talked about my grandfather a lot here but I also had very loving grandmothers and I’m so lucky I got to spend time with them and learn from them. Neither of them liked cooking much, but they were both good at it and I learned a lot from them both. 

No doubt. Funny enough, my step grandfather actually was the cook in their house, my grandmother could burn cereal. He actually entrusted his recipes to me before he passed, which I was pretty touched by.

I honestly don't know how my grandmother and grandpa on that side didn't starve when they were marries as neither one could cook.

My uncle also was the cook in their house, though my aunt does make a few things.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Try having a dad who went to Rice.  I didn’t know if I was taunting kids or getting the fuck beat out of me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I have fond memories of my latchkey kid days. Microwave nachos and Red Baron pizzas. Threw a tennis ball at a pillow placed on the couch as a strike zone while watching Cubs games. 

Is that all you did to the pillow, Hank?

• Haha 6

FYI, on a whim, I looked.  Easy Bake Ovens are $125 or so now.  They haven't had a lightbulb in them for over 10 years now,  but some kind of heating element which speeds up cooking time, and led to the increased cost.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I have fond memories of my latchkey kid days. Microwave nachos and Red Baron pizzas. Threw a tennis ball at a pillow placed on the couch as a strike zone while watching Cubs games. 

I have fond memories too, I never had to worry about a knock on the bathroom door.  Bittersweet memories to be honest, and I think that’s just humanity. It’s why I love Walz he gets it, a VP for all of the latch key kids out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

FYI, on a whim, I looked.  Easy Bake Ovens are $125 or so now.  They haven't had a lightbulb in them for over 10 years now,  but some kind of heating element which speeds up cooking time, and led to the increased cost.

That's one expensive toaster 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, F250 said:

Let's solve this once and for all.

Everyone born before 1970 is a Boomer. Everyone born after 1984 is a Millennial. Everyone born between those years is Gen-X.

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

With the lights out

There's low taxes

Here we are now

Codifying deregulatory policies on a turbo unicorn of economic freedom

YEAH!