[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

6 hours ago, troph said:

Who does he think made message boards popular man?

Seriously, today's message boards are just the fancy version of the BBSes from the late 80s and early 90s.

And a whole lot of people predicted over the years that message boards would go away, replaced by social media, but here we have places like Surly, and places like reddit (which is arguably just a modern version of usenet).  And Discord is kind of a hybrid of 1990s BBSes and IRC and ICQ.

And here we are, and the boomers are actually using these things:

https://discord.com/invite/democrats

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

FYI, on a whim, I looked.  Easy Bake Ovens are $125 or so now.  They haven't had a lightbulb in them for over 10 years now,  but some kind of heating element which speeds up cooking time, and led to the increased cost.

Stuff You Should Know did an hour long podcast on the history of the easy bake oven. Fascinating stuff.
  • Drool 1

Just now, Pancho said:

Torbush, what a correction

35k is still a lot. Dems won AZ and GA with basically no ground game in 2020 due to Covid. Dems didn’t really do any in-person canvassing until October 2020. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If I had to guess, "NewsWire" is just some random lone person trying to make some money on X. But now it's become a news source. Thanks, Elon. 

I have idea if it's the same affiliation, but Newsire is a press release company. You pay them to put out press releases, but they also aggregate news from everywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If I had to guess, "NewsWire" is just some random lone person trying to make some money on X. But now it's become a news source. Thanks, Elon. 

it's an aggregator account that's been around since like 2018. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Grande Mart said:

Kurt Cobain was born in 1967

Douglas Coupland who coined the term Generation X was born in 1961

my dividing line is those who came of age after Vietnam are Gen X 

I remember going to some music festival in Houston in Hermann Park... some kind of Freedom Fest and they had bands like The Guess Who and Richie Havens.  I must have been 15 or 16 and them talking about Vietnam sounded like they were talking about the 1800s.  Felt like ancient history to me.

32 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The good news is we get the dogs. GQP used their draft pick on cheap plastic fuckdolls from the back of a 80's hustler mag. 

Irish roots of Kimberly Guilfoyle, figure in Trump's campaigns

In college, we ordered a cheap rubber sex doll for a party prop (she was tossed around the room like a balloon by men and women alike, many laughs were had).  BUT, once you order such a thing, you end up on a mailing list.  So we would periodically get a catalog of sex products of the time.  One of the products was a "pocket pussy" -- some rubber hole you could bang.  It had a label above the description like this:

new-and-improved.jpg

Except instead of "new and improved," it said "NOW FEATURING REAL HAIR!"

Ever since then, I've had visions of the management meeting at Sex Toys Inc., where the CEO was complaining about slumping sales of their artificial vagina product.  "What can we do to boost these numbers?"  Then Jim, who had a knack for product development, piped up with "boss....I have an idea.  Two words: REAL.  HAIR."  "That's genius, Jim!  Make it happen!"

And to make this topical, I think any sane man would rather have sex with that product than the current Kim Gargoyle product shown above.

23 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Could you imagine what a MAGA-branded ez-bake oven might look like?  I'm just gonna leave that for you degenerates to contemplate.

I was gonna say "whatever it looks like, JD Vance would try to fuck it," but these two replies....

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Stephen Miller can.

44af4e7a7ffff85e58a1dcdbce11af7c.jpg

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

image.jpeg.f0b5408f9424e13f85b92313fd5cb428.jpeg

GOTDAMN.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Hunting
Fishing

1fbe8a59d9be62dbb66ebfdbf51f25a1.jpg

This photo is of a man - an actual American man, doing manly things.

This photo....is of a leading Republican politician.  Doing....who knows WTF, but I've never seen anyone holding a baitcaster that way, and I've taught toddlers to fish with them who do a better job.

E3o2KCCWEAEj2-D?format=jpg&name=large

If you want to support un-American, un-manly simps, by all means, keep voting Republican.

If you want to support real-deal American men, doing actual things that good and decent men do, vote the other way.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This photo....is of a leading Republican politician.  Doing....who knows WTF, but I've never seen anyone holding a baitcaster that way, and I've taught toddlers to fish with them who do a better job.

If you want to support un-American, un-manly simps, by all means, keep voting Republican.

If you want to support real-deal American men, doing actual things that good and decent men do, vote the other way.

QA4hJY.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

I was at the range yesterday and saw two Trump hats.  I asked the woman at check in if I should wear my Harris/Walz t-shirt next time and she got a wicked smile then said "Hell yes.  It would be nice to see that for a change."

I might just do that next time.

Did you get her number?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Beer 

Dogs

Football

Runzas 

Donuts

Love and respect from our children 

What else are we missing? 

Flannel Shirts that. have seen better days

• Haha 1

I am definitely left wing, but we do such a terrible job at coining phrases. I detest the phrase “toxic masculinity” because it surrenders the definition of masculinity and implies masculinity is a bad thing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I am definitely left wing, but we do such a terrible job at coining phrases. I detest the phrase “toxic masculinity” because it surrenders the definition of masculinity and implies masculinity is a bad thing.

Can you explain how? It seems clear to me the difference between masculinity and toxic masculinity

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

In college, we ordered a cheap rubber sex doll for a party prop (she was tossed around the room like a balloon by men and women alike, many laughs were had).  BUT, once you order such a thing, you end up on a mailing list.  So we would periodically get a catalog of sex products of the time.  One of the products was a "pocket pussy" -- some rubber hole you could bang.  It had a label above the description like this:

new-and-improved.jpg

Except instead of "new and improved," it said "NOW FEATURING REAL HAIR!"

Ever since then, I've had visions of the management meeting at Sex Toys Inc., where the CEO was complaining about slumping sales of their artificial vagina product.  "What can we do to boost these numbers?"  Then Jim, who had a knack for product development, piped up with "boss....I have an idea.  Two words: REAL.  HAIR."  "That's genius, Jim!  Make it happen!"

And to make this topical, I think any sane man would rather have sex with that product than the current Kim Gargoyle product shown above.

I was gonna say "whatever it looks like, JD Vance would try to fuck it," but these two replies....

GOTDAMN.

Nah, the Kim Guilfoyle product is self-lubricating and self cleaning. And your eyes have lids.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

I was at the range yesterday and saw two Trump hats.  I asked the woman at check in if I should wear my Harris/Walz t-shirt next time and she got a wicked smile then said "Hell yes.  It would be nice to see that for a change."

I might just do that next time.

You need to get yourself a Harris/Walz camo hat.

Can you explain how? It seems clear to me the difference between masculinity and toxic masculinity

Ok. Try it with these phrases:
“Toxic femininity”
“Toxic homosexuality”
“Toxic blackness “

At best, it’s saying a little is ok, but be careful pull back from who you are.

I see it as being used as description of violence, misogyny, and self destructive behavior. Even if men frequently engage in that behavior, it is separable from being a man. Being a man is not bad thing.
  • Hook 'Em 1