[Harris+Walz] The 2024 DNC: TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Bullneck

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

WILCO BUILDING!

I used to live just east of there in some condos by Navy Pier.  I walked that area daily -- I was definitely surprised when YHF came out and that building was the cover art.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I used to live just east of there in some condos by Navy Pier.  I walked that area daily -- I was definitely surprised when YHF came out and that building was the cover art.

I remember that building from watching the movie Nothing In Common when I was a kid. It was weirdly used as the parking garage for Tom Hank's character when he went to work, even though his building was way across the river on the opposite side. It's a pretty kickass building. 

Edited by mdmost

19 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I know a Mexican woman who loves eyeball tacos.  Says it's popular where she comes from.  Sounds effing gross to me.

Gooch Meat used to have a factory outlet at the Abilene plant. We made regular trips to load up on irregular sausage and meat chubs. One time waiting on our order I watched a little asian woman walk in with a small igloo cooler and they filled it with eyeballs. JFC

• Haha 1

Take it to Columbus, and you can drive on Lower, Lower Wacker Drive.  

"Well, why not not just have Lower Wacker by Columbus be lowered and have that be the bottom level?"

-Yes, but is one lower.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/12/2024 at 2:04 PM, boilerhorn said:

I've seen this reposted on Instagram and FB a couple of times today.  Probably related to what you are referring to.  As has been already noted, there are many bureaucratic things required to retain said promotion.  Moreover, folks typically retire at a lower rank because of the rank tenure requirements.  Seems like the typical breitbart attempt to discredit the opponent, rather than offer why their preferred candidate is superior.

From Ronny Johnson’s current campaign website

IMG_0353.thumb.png.d2db2fe6273f74933e0c39737a01debb.png

and he was actually demoted post retirement 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Am I seeing it correctly that I can't buy an official Harris/Walz t-shirt until September? What is the fucking impediment to printing them up right now? Shit, they might as well wait to ship em out until November. That gives us at least a whole day to wear them before the election!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Am I seeing it correctly that I can't buy an official Harris/Walz t-shirt until September? What is the fucking impediment to printing them up right now? Shit, they might as well wait to ship em out until November. That gives us at least a whole day to wear them before the election!

Well we only had 3 bits and we didn’t expect such a rush. 

how the fuck does that gif not exist?

• Pancho changed the title to The Democratic National Convention thread - Aug 19-22, 2024
  • Pancho pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic

I’d love to be there:

A credential to get into the Chicago Democratic National Convention is a hotter ticket than a Taylor Swift concert,” Chris Korge, national finance chair for the Democratic National Committee, told NBC News. “We have to tell people there’s a limit to how many people we can get into the convention.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Partial list of today's speakers:

UAW President Fain
AOC
Hillary
Raskin
Crockett
Grace Meng
Andy Beshear
Warnock
Chris Coons
Joe Biden

Also the Teamsters confirm Sean O'Brien did not get an invite to speak at the DNC this week after he spoke at the RNC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Partial list of today's speakers:

UAW President Fain
AOC
Hillary
Raskin
Crockett
Grace Meng
Andy Beshear
Warnock
Chris Coons
Joe Biden

Also the Teamsters confirm Sean O'Brien did not get an invite to speak at the DNC this week after he spoke at the RNC

Hopefully the schedule is roughly in that order. I get that many in the Dem party love the Clintons, but there comes a time (now) that Hillary needs to fade into the background more. You don't need to remind undecided and perhaps decided voters about her and her frequent losing in national elections.

While Bill is creepy, I do put him in a slightly different category. He's a better natural politician than Hillary. He and Obama are the only 2-0 Dems since Truman and FDR.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

Hopefully the schedule is roughly in that order. I get that many in the Dem party love the Clintons, but there comes a time (now) that Hillary needs to fade into the background more. You don't need to remind undecided and perhaps voters about her and her frequent losing in national elections.
While Bill is creepy, I do put him in a slightly different category. He's a better natural politician than Hillary. He and Obama are the only 2-0 Dems since Truman and FDR.

There are so many speaking spots, it would be incredibly awkward to not include a former Democratic nominee for president. Especially when Bill is speaking.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hopefully the schedule is roughly in that order. I get that many in the Dem party love the Clintons, but there comes a time (now) that Hillary needs to fade into the background more. You don't need to remind undecided and perhaps voters about her and her frequent losing in national elections.

While Bill is creepy, I do put him in a slightly different category. He's a better natural politician than Hillary. 

I totally agree with you, but Hillary is gonna get a primetime slot. 

This needs to be the last time she has any spotlight in this election. Scheduling her for Monday is a good sign that the Harris campaign feels the same way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/7/2024 at 10:52 PM, DixonHur said:

Had to go to Vegas for work and decided to take the dogs with me, so I drove.

Long story short, Kamala/Walz better start pumping some ads into Arizona and Nevada.  I can't turn on the TV or watch a YouTube video without seeing 3-4 ads by team Trump hammering her on the border crisis and painting her as a "California liberal" who's soft on crime.  Letting MS-13 members out of prison, killing babies with fentanyl, etc.

Over the past week I've seen maybe 2 Kamala adds and they were both meh.  The message of "hope" and appeals to the good in people worked for Obama, but I fear that ship has sailed.  I think she needs to attack Trump, but her message seems to be too much about her record as an AG.  I just don't think that will win her the election.  Fear works, and her campaign needs to paint a picture of a second Trump presidency that will drive people to vote for self-preservation.

I'm not sure the majority of people that are undecided really understand what a second Trump presidency means, or are capable of understanding.  Attacking him as weird, and maybe more precisely as negative and divisive probably works better.

It seems to me that the best tactic for undecideds is nothing specific about Trump, really, except a reminder of what a general purpose turd he is.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Okay, that’s dumb. Let’s please ditch that. #genexguyshakesfistatcloud

Well since people can't seem to pronounce her name - Comma-la is a good way for people to figure it out.

• Hook 'Em 3