Has anyone been to Rutgers?

Sbbruin

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Pro tip: if you're in Pennsylvania, say Pittsburgh, don't casually toss around the phrase "Pedo State" 

spacer.png

Fuck that! Say what you want. The Nitters are the most evil fan base I have ever encountered. What GodPa allowed happen to little boys was an abomination. The GodPaCult must be confronted, at every opportunity. State Pen is evil. Their GodPaCult fans are evil. GodPa is dead, good, and TickleMonster is still alive, rotting in prison.

Fuck that place and their cult.

Back to the topic at hand. Yes, I have been to Rutgers more than a few times. We used to play there every other year, before the Big East and during their membership. It’s a very nice stadium. The location really doesn’t feel so much like NYC. It almost has a New England-y feel.

One thing I would consider, if you have the time, is taking the ACELA train from Boston to NYC to save the hassle of driving. I can’t really offer any tips about how to get to the stadium from NYC because I was always at the team hotel but, I’d bet there are plenty of Uber, or other options.

I enjoyed going to Rutgers for games.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Fuck that! Say what you want. The Nitters are the most evil fan base I have ever encountered. What GodPa allowed happen to little boys was an abomination. The GodPaCult must be confronted, at every opportunity. State Pen is evil. Their GodPaCult fans are evil. GodPa is dead, good, and TickleMonster is still alive, rotting in prison.

Fuck that place and their cult.

Back to the topic at hand. Yes, I have been to Rutgers more than a few times. We used to play there every other year, before the Big East and during their membership. It’s a very nice stadium. The location really doesn’t feel so much like NYC. It almost has a New England-y feel.

One thing I would consider, if you have the time, is taking the ACELA train from Boston to NYC to save the hassle of driving. I can’t really offer any tips about how to get to the stadium from NYC because I was always at the team hotel but, I’d bet there are plenty of Uber, or other options.

I enjoyed going to Rutgers for games.

Umm.. a lot of Babtist in Waco would like a word with you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Kiss my ass from Asbury Park.

Hey now! 😉 

I was just intimating that you are Mr. New Jersey and would not put her down.

One of my roomies from Pitt has always been one of Jersey’s greatest ambassadors and I have enjoyed numerous trips there.

• Hook 'Em 1

True story about my one experience with Newark:

I was a baby attorney, less than one year out of law school, and was sent by my big Texas law firm to Florham Park, NJ (a pretty nice town) for a week long document review in a big case.  This was summer of 2000 well before attorneys reviewed documents electronically in the comfort of their own offices.  Also, that was a time when we didn't have Google Maps or their GPS predecessors to help you navigate unfamiliar territory.  I had to fly in to Newark, landing at about 11:00 p.m., and driving my rental car close to midnight out of downtown Newark with paper directions to Florham Park.  I was a bit nervous to say the least, and felt like Clark Griswold driving through St. Louis.  I took a mental note to never visit Newark again.  

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I was a baby attorney, less than one year out of law school, and was sent by my big Texas law firm to Florham Park, NJ (a pretty nice town) for a week long document review in a big case.  This was summer of 2000 well before attorneys reviewed documents electronically in the comfort of their own offices.  Also, that was a time when we didn't have Google Maps or their GPS predecessors to help you navigate unfamiliar territory.  I had to fly in to Newark, landing at about 11:00 p.m., and driving my rental car close to midnight out of downtown Newark with paper directions to Florham Park.  I was a bit nervous to say the least, and felt like Clark Griswold driving through St. Louis.  I took a mental note to never visit Newark again.  

Ha!   Its still like that, with Google.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, the airport is the only reason for Newark to exist.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 9:51 PM, Sbbruin said:

My boy and I have always done one Bruin roadie (except for the last 2 years), and with him being in Boston at Northeastern, was thinking we could start it back up now that we’re in the B1G.  Rutgers is the closest to Boston that we play.  PennSt is supposed to be a nightmare travel wise.  So thinking of staying in NYC and training it to Rutgers.  But also debating Philly.  Anyone ever go and have suggestions?

https://www.hyatt.com/shop/rooms/ewrrn?checkinDate=2024-10-18&checkoutDate=2024-10-20&rooms=2&adults=1&kids=0&rate=Standard&brands[]=regency&location=Hyatt Regency New Brunswick

There are some rooms across the river from the stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

@PittsburghTiger since your from around that general area, what is the thought about staying in Philly instead of NYC?  Is it that much further by train?  He's done NYC a few times and so have I, but never Philly.  I'm a history goon, so wondering if that makes logistical sense.

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 8:51 PM, Sbbruin said:

My boy and I have always done one Bruin roadie (except for the last 2 years), and with him being in Boston at Northeastern, was thinking we could start it back up now that we’re in the B1G.  Rutgers is the closest to Boston that we play.  PennSt is supposed to be a nightmare travel wise.  So thinking of staying in NYC and training it to Rutgers.  But also debating Philly.  Anyone ever go and have suggestions?

Stay in jersey city or Hoboken. It will save you a lot of money and you’ll be 10 minutes from Times Square. Also have the best view of New York that you can get. Can give you plenty of recommendations if you stay on that side. Will also be much easier to get to Rutgers 

saw your post above about Philly, I think you’d have more fun exploring Hoboken and then being able to get back to nyc in minutes. Also Hoboken/jersey city may seem like a place to not visit but there are some nice areas and great food. It’s not like Newark..at all.(Went to college there for a year so I know the area) Hoboken is the move. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

12 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Stay in jersey city or Hoboken. It will save you a lot of money and you’ll be 10 minutes from Times Square. Also have the best view of New York that you can get. Can give you plenty of recommendations if you stay on that side. Will also be much easier to get to Rutgers 

saw your post above about Philly, I think you’d have more fun exploring Hoboken and then being able to get back to nyc in minutes. Also Hoboken/jersey city may seem like a place to not visit but there are some nice areas and great food. It’s not like Newark..at all.(Went to college there for a year so I know the area) Hoboken is the move. 

More fun exploring Hoboken than where the Declaration of Independence was signed?  I'll take it under advisement.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

More fun exploring Hoboken than where the Declaration of Independence was signed?  I'll take it under advisement.

I guess it depends on length of time. Would I want to be doing 2 hour train rides into the city on vacation? No. But i was solely looking at it from the “checking out Rutgers and get some New York at the same time” point of view. 3-4 days, yeah sign me up for Hoboken. 1/2 days, sure Philly would be fine. Seeing a bell and piece of paper aren’t that fun unless that’s your thing..then it’s an easy answer. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

@PittsburghTiger since your from around that general area, what is the thought about staying in Philly instead of NYC?  Is it that much further by train?  He's done NYC a few times and so have I, but never Philly.  I'm a history goon, so wondering if that makes logistical sense.

I think there is a train from Philly to New Brunswick. And it is only about an hour on that train. I am not certain of the schedule.

There is a lot of history in Philly. I reckon it depends on how much time you have to stay in Philly, and what time is the game at Rutgers. I have been in the room where the Declaration of Independence was signed. It is quite amazing. I had to go there for a day and a half when I needed to expedite my passport renewal. That section of town has a ton of stuff to see. Again, it all depends on time you have to spare.

https://www.wanderu.com/en-us/depart/Philadelphia%2C PA%2C USA/New Brunswick%2C NJ%2C USA/2024-07-27/?dpid=ChIJpZJq8FXDw4kRDCOOeQZVkiU&opid=ChIJ60u11Ni3xokRwVg-jNgU9Yk/

https://www.amtrak.com/tickets/departure.html

Fastest

164 Northeast Regional 

DEPARTS 11:10a 0h 51m

ARRIVES 12:01p

158 Northeast Regional 

DEPARTS 8:05p 0h 52m

ARRIVES 8:57p

There, it can be done by train to New Brunswick.

I think it would take longer to drive from Philly than it would to take the train.

Also, the Acela train goes from Boston to Philly.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

The nice thing about the Philly stuff is it is all right around the same 5-6 block area, bell...check...liberty hall...check...betsy ross' house....check.   Should work the same if you've done NYC, its not called the sixth burrow for nothing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Umm.. a lot of Babtist in Waco would like a word with you.

Would they? They rape women instead of little boys, and cover it up. Plus, they kill cats and teammates. 

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Would they? They rape women instead of little boys, and cover it up. Plus, they kill cats and teammates. 

So you're saying the aren't a predatory cult like affiliation with different predilections than PedoState?