Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

Training camp is where everyone dreams..... everyone has no losses and therefore everyone has hope..... except the Cowboys, as they're still owned by asshat Jerry Jones and his extraordinary streak of ineptitude as he takes the greatest brand in American sports and continues to make it an empty jersey.  A thin pathetic wisp of what was a franchise which was the epitome of winning.  Jerry with all his bluster and bombastic nature at least used to try by spending on big names, but now, managed by his dumber and definitely more boring son, they don't even do that  anymore.  The Cowboys are bottom 5 in spending actual money over the last 3-5 years and extremely experienced in telling you who's to blame for all of this.... It certainly couldn't be the family in charge.  Nah, they'll just laugh all the way to bank, while the fans.... the commoners..... they'll pick up the bag for us and be the ones to suffer.  A little footage of TC the way is used to be.

Roster/depth chart going into TC:

Oh, did I mention the Cowboys are in contract disputes/disagreements with their 3 best players, all of whom will probably set the market because we are morons at managing the cap?  Watch certain press members carry Stephen's water for him and blame the players too.... It's like clockwork.

A rookie Center, a possible rookie LT, a starting LB who hasn't played in 2 years.  Our best CB coming off major knee surgery so he probably won't be in the groove until the last part of the season and maybe not until 2025.  The worst RB room in the league.  Best offensive weapon holding out, still no one to play the 1 tech and a safety room sporting a bunch of strong guys and not a natural free in the room.  All of this...... and I still think we'll challenge for the division if Dak, CeeDee, and Micah are healthy.  Remember those 3 guys?  Mainly because the division isn't very good besides Philly who will almost certainly be in the playoffs.  The Niners are a Trent Brown and CMC hamstring away from being beatable but the Jones boys will let this season go sideways again because they just can't get out of their own way and let real football guys manage the team.  Oh, and then this from the owner.....

He probably paid off his would be daughter...... again.  Nothing like stability from the top.  But again, if the team is relatively healthy, I could see 10-11 wins and wildcard.  If everything goes right, 12 and another division title, but we're also in a precarious position of being a 6 win team if the QB or DE gets hurt for the year.  Saddle up kids.... it's 2024 and we're 1 year away from the 30th anniversary or our last title and that's sad in itself.  Last thing... Fuck Meta-Threads.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I kind of liked just keeping the old sad thread running. No use in a fresh thread when you’re about to get served up another shit sandwich 

Embrace the new...... remember the old.

Sad..... Good luck to him.

Sadder.... His contract was one of the worst in the last decade for Dallas..... coming off ACL surgery.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

In DFW, you hear a local radio spot where Babe Laufenburg notes that the Dallas Cowboys have made the playoffs 37 times in their 64 years. He puts that out there as a mark of excellence. 

Problem is, it used to be 18 out of 26. It used to be ten conference championships out of 36 years. Now it’s ten out of 64. 

That commercial drives me crazy. 

• Rage+1 1

That Gallup extension is on the list of one of the dumbest decisions this hillbilly front office has made. Coming off major surgery. He never recovered from that injury and now is out the league after 6 years. They basically chose Gallup as their future and allowed Amari to be traded for nothing. Failed miserably.

And now they are behind the 8ball with Lamb. Not sure what they are expecting here. He's not going to make less than Jefferson. He's as good as Jefferson is.

Unless they are planning for a total strip down? 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I’m expecting a decent step back this year.

over the last decade or so we have consistently put together solid seasons when expectations were at their lowest.  I’m considering putting down some money on the cowboys winning the super bowl this year. 

• Haha 2

From old thread over 18hrs ago...

Jerruh is so stupid... never should have done Michael Gallup contract extension in 2022.

2021 season

On September 14, 2021, Gallup was placed on injured reserve after suffering a calf injury in Week 1.  He was activated on November 13.  During Week 17 against the Arizona Cardinals, Gallup suffered a torn ACL on a touchdown, and was placed back on injured reserve several days later.   He finished the 2021 season with 35 receptions for 445 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns in nine games.

2022 season

On March 13, 2022, Gallup signed a five-year, $62.5 million extension with the Cowboys. In the 2022 season, Gallup appeared in 14 games and recorded 39 receptions for 424 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns.  In the Wild Card Round against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he had a receiving touchdown in the 31–14 victory.

2023 season

Following his sixth season with the Cowboys, Gallup was released on March 15, 2024. 

Raiders WR Michael Gallup retires from NFL after six seasons 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/raiders-wr-michael-gallup-retires-from-nfl-after-six-seasons/ar-BB1qvUfM?ocid=BingNewsSerp

@Patrick Bateman

Great videos of Verne back in the day, thanks. Wild to remember the Cowboys/NFL back then with things like:  6 preseason games, coaches bitching about an OT coming in 36 pounds overweight at 286, dogs and kids running around the training camp field, and a desolate Thousand Oaks, CA.

And who could forget the great Otto Stowe…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, futureman said:

over the last decade or so we have consistently put together solid seasons when expectations were at their lowest.  I’m considering putting down some money on the cowboys winning the super bowl this year. 

Just light the $$ on fire, it’ll be quicker and less painful.

Posted (edited)

We have the players to win games, it’ll be just enough for Fat Mike to fuck either barely miss the playoffs or fuck up round one again and keep his job because nobody worth a shit will work for Jerry.

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

We have the players to win games, it’ll be just enough for Fat Mike to fuck either barely miss the playoffs or fuck up round one again and keep his job because nobody worth a shit will work for Jerry.

Fat Mike's record is as good as any coach not named Reid or Belichick. I swear to god you people just hate him to hate him.

39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hell yes baby !!!!

Puro Pinche Cowboys !!!!!

"We're all in on that playoff game" 

Ahh, good to know he's setting the bar low. We only want one playoff game again! 

Fat Mike's record is as good as any coach not named Reid or Belichick. I swear to god you people just hate him to hate him.

Except he craps out in January. Just like Dak. Losers.

If they go 17-0 winning every game 63-3 I will expect an embarrassing loss in their first playoff game.

Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 2:27 PM, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah, saw a Cowturd video that stated above

Chargers will be ‘absolute nonsense’, Does Mike McCarthy get enough credit?

McCarthy playoff record is 11-11

Screenshot_20240726-214407_kindlephoto-5813144.png.afa570090b6ba07e04dbe10af66b1ba7.png

Edited by LTtxfan

On 7/25/2024 at 2:27 PM, Pam Cummings said:

It doesn't matter. Nothing matters. There is only chaos and shattered memories of glory days.

On 7/25/2024 at 1:53 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Hell yes baby !!!!

Puro Pinche Cowboys !!!!!

Because of this. This yearly bullshit festival of undiluted feedlot sewage.

They did well last year? 

All in. bullshit 

Abandon hope. Embrace the chaos.

8-9 because they can't go .500

• Haha 1

When a man has risen to great heights and wielded great power, it is virtually impossible to convince him he is too old to stay in the game, and should step aside for the good of the cause (hello Joe Biden).

Hell try taking the car keys from an elderly father when it’s time.

On 7/24/2024 at 2:21 PM, futureman said:

I know I said “just light the $$ on fire”, but betting against my stated sports expectations is a great way to make $$ over the long haul.

9 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Decent chance Detroit to Houston stretch is a 5 game losing streak. 

What is Dak's injury history??

I remember terrible ankle injury, and a calf strain.  Also a problem with his thumb on his throwing hand. 

Screenshot_20240727-075300_kindlephoto-4857891.png.43f5fdaee2e2f85ba5c933532cf28e88.png

I won't be surprised to see Dak miss another 3-4 games during the 2024 season.

I'm not a fan of signing Dak long-term for Dallas.  He's likely about to fall off a cliff in production, and may be done in the NFL 3-4 years from now.

The Cowboys are just too far away from playing in a Super Bowl with this roster in 2024 anyway.  Dak not on the Cowboys roster in 2025 might end up being a lot better situation for both parties long-term...  

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

17-1

So they lose to bye week?

Cowboys’ salary situation is very interesting. The 3 biggest that need to be addressed all could set the market for their positions. You might be looking at a total of $130M in AAV. That’s 50% of the current cap

• Haha 1

Jerry Jones is an asshole who has suckered Cowboy fans for over thirty years. All that he has ever cared about is money and having people pay attention to him. That’s it. 

The search for championships is simply a tertiary factor that enables him to make money and have people pay attention to him. He’s incredibly lucky that he stumbled into Jimmie Johnson because otherwise he’d have zero super bowls. 

I don’t blame Jerry though. People line up to buy seat licenses, over priced concessions and tickets, or watch their games on TV, just to watch failure on the field. Jerry is the best kind of grifter. Legal. I give them so little money these days it makes me feel better about the whole situation. They maybe get my eyeballs a few games a year and that’s it. Not a dollar more. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Jerry Jones is an asshole who has suckered Cowboy fans for over thirty years. All that he has ever cared about is money and having people pay attention to him. That’s it. 

The search for championships is simply a tertiary factor that enables him to make money and have people pay attention to him. He’s incredibly lucky that he stumbled into Jimmie Johnson because otherwise he’d have zero super bowls. 

I don’t blame Jerry though. People line up to buy seat licenses, over priced concessions and tickets, or watch their games on TV, just to watch failure on the field. Jerry is the best kind of grifter. Legal. I give them so little money these days it makes me feel better about the whole situation. They maybe get my eyeballs a few games a year and that’s it. Not a dollar more. 

Repped ... but only barely. Jimmy is not a race car driver. Please do not insult him thusly again.

I wish this fuckhead would die already.
I have a 27 year-old son. The last time the Cowboys won a playoff game beyond the Wildcard round was more than a year before he was born.

My son is 43. He was 14 when they won the SB in 95. He has forbidden decking out his daughters in Cowboys apparel. He is breaking the cycle.

What is Dak's injury history??
I remember terrible ankle injury, and a calf strain.  Also a problem with his thumb on his throwing hand. 
Screenshot_20240727-075300_kindlephoto-4857891.png.43f5fdaee2e2f85ba5c933532cf28e88.png

I won't be surprised to see Dak miss another 3-4 games during the 2024 season.
I'm not a fan of signing Dak long-term for Dallas.  He's likely about to fall off a cliff in production, and may be done in the NFL 3-4 years from now.
The Cowboys are just too far away from playing in a Super Bowl with this roster in 2024 anyway.  Dak not on the Cowboys roster in 2025 might end up being a lot better situation for both parties long-term...  

I will tell you right now the 3 games Dak will miss: divisional playoff, nfc championship, Super Bowl. The real issue they face is he is $55m in cap in 24. If he leaves he is $40 mil in dead cap due to three void years. That’s not a reason to give him another contract.

I would trade Parsons after 24 for a slew of picks. He has no need to get a new contract now. He’s under contract thru 25 and you can franchise his ass. He hasn’t shown he is physically able to play a 20 game season as he’s wiped out by Thanksgiving.

I’d trade CeeDee if I can recoup his 1 pick and some more.

If those three eat 50% you’ll have to get rid of all your star linemen. And have only Toast Pattersons as DBs.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

The real issue they face is he is $55m in cap in 24. If he leaves he is $40 mil in dead cap due to three void years. That’s not a reason to give Dak another contract.

Yeah if 2024 season goes south, it's time to eat the shitty contracts like Dak's & Gallup's and keeping adding younger talent.  

Dak's current contract situation...

Screenshot_20240727-141831_kindlephoto-5005254.png.06535f11ef00d146a759d6e5d4c2bf40.png

Edited by LTtxfan

Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 12:14 PM, Ten Bears said:

I have been a lifelong Cowboys fan.  When I was 10 I had the Roger Staubach full uniform, pads, helmet and everything.

November 18th I will be rooting for the Texans.

No offense, but fuck that.  I hate the Joneses as much as anyone, but I was born a Cowboy, and I'll die a Cowboy. If I thought boycotting would cause the Joneses to sell the team, I'd be first in line.  They won't, and I'm not changing my loyalty.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 3