Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

29 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

No offense, but fuck that.  I hate the Joneses as much as anyone, but I was born a Cowboy, and I'll die a Cowboy. If I thought boycotting would cause the Joneses to sell the team, I'd be first in line.  They won't, and I'm not changing my loyalty.

I'm not sure I'd change my loyalty but I can certainly not give a shit.  But it's not Jones; I won't get excited about Cowboys football until Dak is gone.  When Stephen takes over I may lose interest again, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

What is Dak's injury history??

I remember terrible ankle injury, and a calf strain.  Also a problem with his thumb on his throwing hand. 

Screenshot_20240727-075300_kindlephoto-4857891.png.43f5fdaee2e2f85ba5c933532cf28e88.png

I won't be surprised to see Dak miss another 3-4 games during the 2024 season.

I'm not a fan of signing Dak long-term for Dallas.  He's likely about to fall off a cliff in production, and may be done in the NFL 3-4 years from now.

The Cowboys are just too far away from playing in a Super Bowl with this roster in 2024 anyway.  Dak not on the Cowboys roster in 2025 might end up being a lot better situation for both parties long-term...  

Why would he fall off a cliff in production?  What data or evidence do you have to support this?  And while there certainly is a chance or outcome the Cowboys are better with Dak on another team, there is not much evidence to support this claim.  Here's what the Jones' boys did when Dak was one of the lowest paid players at his position and still putting up pro bowl level performances.

That's quite the accumulation of talent when your QB is playing eons over his current contract.  So what gives so much confidence in this front office?  Additionally knowing they fell back ass into their last two quarterbacks when they really wanted a guy like Paxton Lynch and Jerrah wanted Johnny Manziel, where does this confidence come in they'll simply be able to find a QB at half the price as Dak who can give similar production?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

No offense, but fuck that.  I hate the Joneses as much as anyone, but I was born a Cowboy, and I'll die a Cowboy. If I thought boycotting would cause the Joneses to sell the team, I'd be first in line.  They won't, and I'm not changing my loyalty.

Same. I cant get out now.  Even though I want to.

Dallas Cowboys and Elisabeth Shue are my first loves. I'm in till I die.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Same. I cant get out now.  Even though I want to.

Dallas Cowboys and Elisabeth Shue are my first loves. I'm in till I die.

Same here.  Some of my early Cowboy stuff

IMG_20240727_211206_kindlephoto-14576013.thumb.jpg.689ff3b4dcab8b7f226bdfb535ecbc30.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

So they lose to bye week?
Cowboys’ salary situation is very interesting. The 3 biggest that need to be addressed all could set the market for their positions. You might be looking at a total of $130M in AAV. That’s 50% of the current cap

Pretty sure he was referencing taking an L in round 1.

Yeah if 2024 season goes south, it's time to eat the shitty contracts like Dak's & Gallup's and keeping adding younger talent.  
Dak's current contract situation...
Screenshot_20240727-141831_kindlephoto-5005254.png.06535f11ef00d146a759d6e5d4c2bf40.png

It’s those void years that fucked them up. They did that going all in the past two seasons to make a run with those teams who had the talent to win it all and failed to do shit in January. Restructuring Dak and paying him more bonus than salary and using void years. They are the sucker bets of the cap. Dak can leave taking his money and cowboys get stuck with $40 mil in dead cap. Still I wouldn’t extend fucking Dak.

Until Jerrah/Steven actually hire a true GM, I just can’t buy into their polished turd statements at the beginning of each Fall camp. I’m a lifelong Cowboys fan of 50+ years and they just keep making it harder and harder to root for them.

I no longer regret the next couple of days at work following a Cowboys loss. After the last decade+ of suffrage with both the Longhorns and Cowboys, I’m numb to the Cowboys losses, especially when they’d both lose on the same weekend. Sad to say, but the decade of futility has just created internal excitement when they both actually have a winning weekend.

Last year with the Horns was the icing on the cake, until the Cowboys did the usual and get embarrassed by GB.

Hook’em!!!

The addition of a “true GM” does nothing in terms of success or failure with any team. For every Howie Roseman you have two or three Terry Fontanots. The most successful franchise in recent history had no GM just the head coach.

As someone who has worked in companies from huge multibillion corps to sole proprietorships and everything g in between, I can say having the correct structure had nothing to do with the general stupidity of the brains involved. Business schools fail completely in quantification and measurement of the role of stupidity in failures.

You’re saying you are tired of Jerry Jones. But you somehow believe he will hire this dream GM that will make everything right? Not going to happen.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

The addition of a “true GM” does nothing in terms of success or failure with any team. For every Howie Roseman you have two or three Terry Fontanots. The most successful franchise in recent history had no GM just the head coach.

As someone who has worked in companies from huge multibillion corps to sole proprietorships and everything g in between, I can say having the correct structure had nothing to do with the general stupidity of the brains involved. Business schools fail completely in quantification and measurement of the role of stupidity in failures.

You’re saying you are tired of Jerry Jones. But you somehow believe he will hire this dream GM that will make everything right? Not going to happen.

Scott Pioli handled the lions share of the duties as "General Manager" would do for the Patriots. I don't think it's about the actual title or wording.  Stephen handles much of the General Manager duties today for the Cowboys with McClay specializing on the draft and undrafted FA's.  And I'm not sure people want guaranteed success from their front office.  I'm sure they want success but they realize there are no guarantees.  I think they want accountability.  They want responsibility and efficacy or they want that front office held to an objective accountability and moved on from if they can't achieve success and realistic goals.  The Jones' don't do this.  They fail spectacularly but because they'll never fire themselves, they spin, they evade, they blame, and they lie.  *shrugs.  I think smart Cowboy fans want the Jones' to sell the team.  They don't want them involved with the Cowboys at all a this stage.  They marriage has really just gotten stale at this point and maybe it's time to make a break.  But again, it's not about guaranteed success.... it's about accountability, responsibility, and some sense of honesty.... The Jones' deliver very little of any of these.

Zimmer talks Sam Williams and his loss..... Probably going to need to go out and sign a veteran to replace him.  Not a ton of depth at Edge this year.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

22 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Supposedly this guy is legit..... He hinted at the Tua news last week.  

He’s seemingly tied to the agent world. He’s broken a lot of stuff this offseason 

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Scott Pioli handled the lions share of the duties as "General Manager" would do for the Patriots. I don't think it's about the actual title or wording.  Stephen handles much of the General Manager duties today for the Cowboys with McClay specializing on the draft and undrafted FA's.  And I'm not sure people want guaranteed success from their front office.  I'm sure they want success but they realize there are no guarantees.  I think they want accountability.  They want responsibility and efficacy or they want that front office held to an objective accountability and moved on from if they can't achieve success and realistic goals.  The Jones' don't do this.  They fail spectacularly but because they'll never fire themselves, they spin, they evade, they blame, and they lie.  *shrugs.  I think smart Cowboy fans want the Jones' to sell the team.  They don't want them involved with the Cowboys at all a this stage.  They marriage has really just gotten stale at this point and maybe it's time to make a break.  But again, it's not about guaranteed success.... it's about accountability, responsibility, and some sense of honesty.... The Jones' deliver very little of any of these.

Zimmer talks Sam Williams and his loss..... Probably going to need to go out and sign a veteran to replace him.  Not a ton of depth at Edge this year.

Jesus, Jerry looks worse than ever.  Maybe there's hope...

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Jesus, Jerry looks worse than ever.  Maybe there's hope...

Stephen is not an upgrade.  Charlotte might be an upgrade, but the Jones boys would never let a girl run a football team.

Apparently Guyton is looking like a real DUDE at Camp.  Stonewalling even Micah quite a bit...

Did the Cowboys just draft another stud OL that people weren't so high on again?

• Like 1

Things might be looking up.

Promising but unless this happens on game day at the Death Star, the Jones family won't care.

This year is probably the most apathetic I've been in awhile. Every year in the past decade has had some hint of promise. But not this year. They had a god awful off season in every aspect. Draft was very lackluster. Our RB committee is the worst in the league
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Promising but unless this happens on game day at the Death Star, the Jones family won't care.

This year is probably the most apathetic I've been in awhile. Every year in the past decade has had some hint of promise. But not this year. They had a god awful off season in every aspect. Draft was very lackluster. Our RB committee is the worst in the league

I think you've even seen my lack of interest in the team...mainly due to the stupid fucking contract shenanigans with Dak and Lamb.

Add to that the AWEFUL offseason outside of a good draft.  They're the richest franchise and sports and the cheapest run.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Apparently Guyton is looking like a real DUDE at Camp.  Stonewalling even Micah quite a bit...

Did the Cowboys just draft another stud OL that people weren't so high on again?

Looking good early. 

Not extending Dak and not extending the coaches has been good. Let them walk after this season. Bring in bill and get a cheap qb and have a stacked roster. Pay cd and Micah
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 3:18 PM, Drew said:

On the flip side, apparently Mazi still looks like dogshit.

On the flip side, apparently Mazi still looks like dogshit.

He was a dumb take. There were good players at positions of need too. At least that was my recollection. The TE was dumb too. Ferguson and hoch whatever were giving plenty for the te position. Spoonmaker doesn’t offer a gd thing

*hopefully I’m wrong about these two

7 hours ago, kevwun said:

He might be worse than Taco.  He's so bad they can't even play him.

At a position where you literally just have to push upfield half a yard and not be moved..... A broken down Volvo stationwagon may be ideal.

Lost Sam Williams..... let's go out and really land someone who can make and impact!

Or..... Let's get the cheapest guy out there.

On 7/31/2024 at 3:33 PM, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Not extending Dak and not extending the coaches has been good. Let them walk after this season. Bring in bill and get a cheap qb and have a stacked roster. Pay cd and Micah

We don't have close to a stacked roster, though. Unless you mean by not extending Dak, we build one but that would mean this front office needs to have a vision, which they don't. Extending Lamb and Parsons is going to cost a lot of money. Parsons has the same act every year, pads his stats in bunches and disappears the end of year into the playoffs. He has one  total sack the entire playoff career. Lamb was god awful in the Packers playoff game. Both of these guys are regular season warriors. Parsons is not a leader, a cornball social media user and isn't that well liked in the locker room. Be very hesitant on breaking the bank on him, mainly because of his disappearing acts but also, the front office will take into account everything else about him.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/30/2024 at 12:39 PM, mdmost said:

Things might be looking up.

Each year I go to Oxnard on military day and meet the players. My kids get autographs etc. this year even my son said nah I’m not wasting my time this year lol 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Texzilla588 said:

The players aren’t real bright. They picked Tyreek 1. Lamar Jackson 2 over Mahomes. Dak at 16 but way ahead of Burrow, Rodgers, Stafford. Cousins. Huh? He is a clone of cousins.

It's largely based off last season..... I see no reason anyone would rank any of those players you listed ahead of Dak considering the criteria and while he and Cousins are similar top lines careerwise, Dak is the superior player when you add in the rushing aspect and if you look under the hood a little more closely, Dak's advanced are well ahead of Kirk's.  But yea, rating Mahomes at 3 or 4, whatever it was, is just jealousy at this point.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's largely based off last season..... I see no reason anyone would rank any of those players you listed ahead of Dak considering the criteria and while he and Cousins are similar top lines careerwise, Dak is the superior player when you add in the rushing aspect and if you look under the hood a little more closely, Dak's advanced are well ahead of Kirk's.  But yea, rating Mahomes at 3 or 4, whatever it was, is just jealousy at this point.

Dak is 16. Cousins 92 or something. I’d say they’re the same player. Losers. I give a lot more weight to playoff winners, but since most of the voters are on the couch in January I guess they don’t value that as much.

On 7/30/2024 at 5:16 PM, Drew said:

I think you've even seen my lack of interest in the team...mainly due to the stupid fucking contract shenanigans with Dak and Lamb.

Add to that the AWEFUL offseason outside of a good draft.  They're the richest franchise and sports and the cheapest run.

The contract shenanigans are compounding.  They routinely wait too long and pay top of the market prices for their most of expensive players, thereby exacerbating the issue for each successful star as they hit the the end of their rookie deal. Dak could've easily been finishing up his $25 to $32 million/yr deal in the past year or so. Or they could've already renegotiated a deal at a much lower price than they're going to currently sign him for if they decide to. They've already added $10 to $15 million in guaranteed money to Ceede by simply waiting these last 3 months.  They're either a foolishly run franchise or they have other perogatives that they're governed by, ie:

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, futureman said:

China and India is big.  That’s like a third of the world. 

Not that I buy that chart but the US is 3rd, Indonesia is 4th, Pakistan is 5th, Bangladesh is 8th.  In an electoral college system this would be a blowout.

All for dumbass Jerry and Dak.

Edited by Surly Bevo

.3491388206fd70c96697295df8d55c84.jpg

That’s like one of those maps that tout Captain D’s as the most popular restaurant in Texas or that too hoo is our favorite soft drink.

Also if accurate that indicated the Cowboys are the favorite team of the 47 people in China that have knowledge of American football.
  • Like 1