Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

I think Jones is getting everything ready to sell the team and get the biggest amount for an US professional sports team 

Whatever you’re smoking I don’t want any of it. Jerry’s whole reason for living is being the owner of the Cowboys. He’s already a billionaire. If he sold the team for $10 billion what’s he got left? He couldn’t deal with being a nobody just regular multibillionaire.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/3/2024 at 10:03 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

It's largely based off last season..... I see no reason anyone would rank any of those players you listed ahead of Dak considering the criteria and while he and Cousins are similar top lines careerwise, Dak is the superior player when you add in the rushing aspect and if you look under the hood a little more closely, Dak's advanced are well ahead of Kirk's.  But yea, rating Mahomes at 3 or 4, whatever it was, is just jealousy at this point.

If it's based on last season why would Rodgers even be on there? It's one of the more awful lists I've ever seen.

I'll be SO glad when Dak is on another team next year and ya'll can pretend Dallas is better off while a REAL team with a REAL front office that isn't actively trying to sabotage themselves is going on a deep playoff run with Dak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

On 8/7/2024 at 3:16 PM, futureman said:

calm down, it's meaningless.  just allows them to bring in a couple more bodies for camp.  lamb will be back when he's back.

Nope.  TheCowboysWire just broke the most significant offseason news in years for the worlds most valuable sports franchise.  They have some real grinders working there.  Hope you land on your feet Compact Disk Lamb

I'll be SO glad when Dak is on another team next year and ya'll can pretend Dallas is better off while a REAL team with a REAL front office that isn't actively trying to sabotage themselves is going on a deep playoff run with Dak.

Ahh a Dak true believer. You think he should be the highest paid player in nfl history without a shred of reasoning. You’re an idiot if you think Dak will go to another team and win meaningful games. He’s going to be a 9 year vet next year with a shitty playoff record. Some team will offer him $55-60 m and he will go there and lose. history says QBs don’t change for the better when they move. Brady did Brady. Stafford did Stafford. Most do a Deshaun Watson. Suck gonna suck more.

Here are the QBs who have won their first SB in their 9th season or later.  Young and Johnson weren't starters all that time so you can effectively cross them off.  If you believe Dak is gonna be a Manning, Elway, Brees Theismann....well good fucking luck.  

Peyton Manning (9), John Elway (15), Jim Plunkett (9), Steve Young (10), Matt Stafford (13), Drew Brees (9), Brad Johnson (9), Joe Theismann (9)

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Here are the QBs who have won their first SB in their 9th season or later.  Young and Johnson weren't starters all that time so you can effectively cross them off.  If you believe Dak is gonna be a Manning, Elway, Brees Theismann....well good fucking luck.  

Peyton Manning (9), John Elway (15), Jim Plunkett (9), Steve Young (10), Matt Stafford (13), Drew Brees (9), Brad Johnson (9), Joe Theismann (9)

That's about 20% of SB wins. What does it say for ownership that has gone 30 years since a championship?  How do they fare?  They have a pretty successful run after?  Was it just "their time" after such ridiculous ineptitude?  What about General Managers that have gone 29 years since reaching a conference championship and cycled through 20 different starting QBs since then?  How is their record?  How many SBs do they get to?  Are they really successful after the dark times?  Does history tell us Dallas is getting ready to go "on a run"?  Just need to get rid of that one guy holding us back all those years, huh?

That's about 20% of SB wins. What does it say for ownership that has gone 30 years since a championship?  How do they fare?  They have a pretty successful run after?  Was it just "their time" after such ridiculous ineptitude?  What about General Managers that have gone 29 years since reaching a conference championship and cycled through 20 different starting QBs since then?  How is their record?  How many SBs do they get to?  Are they really successful after the dark times?  Does history tell us Dallas is getting ready to go "on a run"?  Just need to get rid of that one guy holding us back all those years, huh?

Those QBs had meaningful wins before they won super bowls. Dak has done nothing but choke in big games and hasn’t sniffed a championship game.

28-34 against teams with a winning record. And you’re going to make him the highest paid player in history. A fraud. A dude that padded stats playing shitty giants and skins twice a year.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Narrator, he is not.

4 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Those QBs had meaningful wins before they won super bowls. Dak has done nothing but choke in big games and hasn’t sniffed a championship game.

28-34 against teams with a winning record. And you’re going to make him the highest paid player in history. A fraud. A dude that padded stats playing shitty giants and skins twice a year.

They had?  Are you sure?  Jim Plunkett had never been to the playoffs and was 15 games under .500 overall in his career.  Theismann had never been to the playoffs and was 4 games over .500 and his claim to fame was being a kick returner for awhile.  Brad Johnson no big wins.  Stafford was 0-3 in the playoffs and 10 games under .500 in his career.  Drew Brees was 1-2 in the playoffs before his SB and his 1 conference championship he lost by almost 4 touchdowns.  Only Steve Young and Elway really had "big wins" and Young was 0-2 in conference championships, so that leaves Elway really with some notches on his belt, but at least you let us know you don't know the history of football.  Again most of these guys weren't under .500 vs teams with winning records, they were under .500 overall!

And I'm not going to do anything..... The "(closed) free market" is going to make him the highest paid player in history.  I assure you I have nothing to do with it, and he will be for probably 6-9 months until someone else eclipses that amount.  I think what most folks are actually criticizing are the "option quarterbacks" front office putting the organization in this situation in the first place.  There are a lot of decisions they made throughout his career and in the last 18 months which have led to being in this situation and that starts at the top with ownership.  Again 30 years of no championships isn't on Dak.  Maybe he plays a part most recently but just like it's not all on Romo or Parcells, or whomever.... There is only one consistent ingredient.  Now ask yourself, why are you showing more frustration with the player rather than the root of the cause?

You want to move on from Dak, that's fine.  It's a realistic opinion, but please tell me how this is going to change anything..... realistically.  What is this team going to do next year without a QB and perhaps looking for a new HC.  What is this magic bullet for success? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Wait what? Stafford was a career loser before Sean McVay rescued him. He literally never won jack shit, not even a division title. Never won a big game to save his life. Brad Johnson, Plunkett, Theismann never won anything. I think Brad Johnson had one playoff win before his Super Bowl run. Drew Brees before his Super Bowl had one single playoff win. Sure, it was a divisional round game and then he got blown out and looked terrible in the NFC championship game in Chicago.

2 guys you mentioned above, Stafford and Brad Johnson, benefitted greatly from a great defense being assembled. Tampa's defense in Brad Johnson's Super Bowl year was one of the best modern day defenses. Rams' defense for Stafford's was amazing and one of the best defenders ever in Donald. Rams went all in for that one year and it paid off. 

At least be accurate when trying to make a point, saying all those guys won big games when not all of them did.

• Like 1

Cowboys get Quinn next draft. Hell he’s a local kid! The Saints will kick the can down the road, waiting on Arch after a season or two. Just my opinion.

Can you imagine Arch playing for the same team as Grandpa - I can.

Hook’em!!!

7 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

That's actually not as bad a stat as you think it is.  Aaron Rodgers is 50-51 against teams with a winning record.  

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

That's actually not as bad a stat as you think it is.  Aaron Rodgers is 50-51 against teams with a winning record.  

He also didn’t get thrown to the wolves his rookie year.  It probably took Aikman years to get back to .500 after his rookie year.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Wait what? Stafford was a career loser before Sean McVay rescued him. He literally never won jack shit, not even a division title. Never won a big game to save his life. Brad Johnson, Plunkett, Theismann never won anything. I think Brad Johnson had one playoff win before his Super Bowl run. Drew Brees before his Super Bowl had one single playoff win. Sure, it was a divisional round game and then he got blown out and looked terrible in the NFC championship game in Chicago.

2 guys you mentioned above, Stafford and Brad Johnson, benefitted greatly from a great defense being assembled. Tampa's defense in Brad Johnson's Super Bowl year was one of the best modern day defenses. Rams' defense for Stafford's was amazing and one of the best defenders ever in Donald. Rams went all in for that one year and it paid off. 

At least be accurate when trying to make a point, saying all those guys won big games when not all of them did.

Oh no he never won a division title…. NFC East division titles don’t count what’s dogshit easy division. 

Dak’s contract is problematic because Stephen structured it with a big ending cap number and then added some void years to make some more room, thinking they would see enough in Dak to extend him. So he counts $55 mill in 24 and if he departs the the void years roll up for $40 mil in 25. I don’t think he justifies a new contract at roughly $240- 300 mil. Thats 4 a 5 more years of losing in January. Some of you do. Thats years of him eating huge cap space. I’d rather see what direction a new coach can do

Es you need a good qb to win. They are hard to find acquire and develop. But that’s not a reason to mortgage the team to keep Dak.

And that too is a bad stat. Most every player has a losing record against teams with a winning record. I see your point and there are exceptions but mostly not.

"losing in January" when he's literally won playoff games...like WTF?

Ya'll continue to place ALL the blame on the QB yet at the same time bemoan the front office of being bad at their jobs. Which is it?

I so wish we could see dak on a real team with a real front office.  I hate that it'll be at the expense of Dallas, but i'm going to love to watch you clowns eat crow when Dak has even more successful on a well run team and ya'll crying more about why we can't find a QB.

I was there from 2000-2006.  Most of you weren't.  You do NOT understand what QB purgatory is...you'll find out.

• Fuck You 2

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

"losing in January" when he's literally won playoff games...like WTF?

Ya'll continue to place ALL the blame on the QB yet at the same time bemoan the front office of being bad at their jobs. Which is it?

I so wish we could see dak on a real team with a real front office.  I hate that it'll be at the expense of Dallas, but i'm going to love to watch you clowns eat crow when Dak has even more successful on a well run team and ya'll crying more about why we can't find a QB.

I was there from 2000-2006.  Most of you weren't.  You do NOT understand what QB purgatory is...you'll find out.

You just earned yourself a time-out.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I cannot fucking believe Lance was a top 5 pick. A day 1 pick or fucking drafted. He sucks dog shit to the level of that Australian breakdancer 

This is all true but Mazie would like a shot at this title 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I cannot fucking believe Lance was a top 5 pick. A day 1 pick or fucking drafted. He sucks dog shit to the level of that Australian breakdancer 

He fooled people by playing for a stacked team in the FCS. SF took the bait but wanted out ASAP and of course, the Jones family gave up a draft pick for this clown. There is not one single team Lance could start for today. In fact, he will struggle to even be a backup. Grade A trash.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Lance thing was another Jerruh swing and miss. But the miss part was pretty much spelled out for Jerruh bc SF didn’t want. Didn’t even see developing him would be worth it. 

im telling yall I see Dak as a Raider next year. Gardner Minshew while a badass backup is basically going to be their starter and it might work. But looking at teams like the Chargers I am guessing Harbaugh is wondering about his backup situation: to wit, Herbert has some foot issue and their backup is awful. Like maybe worse than Lance awful. 

I have every confidence this team will be fine in the regular season and make the playoffs. Until pesky shit like clock management and discipline and showboating rear their ugly heads.

i thought of the rookie QBs JJ McCarthy stood out to me. Kinda the way CJ Stroud did.

I don’t blame Dak. You could plug and play Dak on teams without the Jerruh issue and they’d win stuff in the post season. But the losses get tagged to the QB. It’s how it works. Same with the wins. 

He fooled people by playing for a stacked team in the FCS. SF took the bait but wanted out ASAP and of course, the Jones family gave up a draft pick for this clown. There is not one single team Lance could start for today. In fact, he will struggle to even be a backup. Grade A trash.

I don’t think Stephen knew about fucking Lance. I think Jerry got a call well into his Johnny Blue from the Niners who offered him first dibs on this turd, and he remembered they had him as a low first round grade so he thought a 4 was a steal. This team needed that 4. They are also having to pay his sorry ass $5 mill. Rush is 10x what Lance will ever be.

Trey has zero ability to read an nfl defense or blitz package. Dumber than shit. And they should expose and bring back as PS unless they can pick out better. Sam Ehlenger. Brandon Allan. Lots of them available. But Jerry won’t do it until Dak is solidified.

This was one of the worst moves Jerry ever made.
  • Hook 'Em 2