Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

The Lance thing was another Jerruh swing and miss. But the miss part was pretty much spelled out for Jerruh bc SF didn’t want. Didn’t even see developing him would be worth it. 

im telling yall I see Dak as a Raider next year. Gardner Minshew while a badass backup is basically going to be their starter and it might work. But looking at teams like the Chargers I am guessing Harbaugh is wondering about his backup situation: to wit, Herbert has some foot issue and their backup is awful. Like maybe worse than Lance awful. 

I have every confidence this team will be fine in the regular season and make the playoffs. Until pesky shit like clock management and discipline and showboating rear their ugly heads.

i thought of the rookie QBs JJ McCarthy stood out to me. Kinda the way CJ Stroud did.
I don’t blame Dak. You could plug and play Dak on teams without the Jerruh issue and they’d win stuff in the post season. But the losses get tagged to the QB. It’s how it works. Same with the wins. 

JJ McCarthy has career backup written all over him. First read then run. Can he fix that? Probably not. Most teams did not have R 1 on him. Dak might be a Raider. A Ram if Stafford retires. Tampa Bay if baker sucks.

Who knows who’s coaching in 2025? All the QBs are on their last year. Most of the coaches on one year. This hurt their FA recruiting. Asst coach hiring. Jerry doesn’t get that and never will.

Trey Lance has only started 26 games. Going back to high school. 1 decent season in FCS and nothing since. Shitbag. Can’t believe Niners gave up so much draft capital to get him.

I’ve been a fan since 64. Trey Lance is worst qb in Cowboys uniform ever. Worse than Steve Pelleur. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter on drugs. Tony banks with his 5 year old sized hands. I hope he never plays a meaningful down for this team. Unless we are sucking for Arch or Quinn.

Welp, I think Cowboy fans got a sneak peak of what it may be like without a upper tier QB like Dak or Romo.  I don't think Lance was the worst QB ever.  Shit, he wasn't even the worst QB on the field today, but I think this quote nails it:

There was not fluidity, for a natural athlete it was really stiff, and for every good read, he made a bad one.  At least he protected the ball for the most part, but it wasn't a good perfromance.

A few other thoughts:  Guyton is going to be just fine long-term.  He looks really good and he is a smooth athlete.  Choka (yes I know his real name) is in a boot and has sucked at TC, so I think the plan is Guyton starts at LT and takes his lumps.  It'll be hit or miss the first year but with health.... by year 3ish, he's a top 7-8 LT I bet.  Very promising.  The bad news is Beebe is having a difficult time at Center.  He just really is having a touch time getting off the snap and playing with leverage.  He looks much better at guard.  May not be the end of the world but I'm getting the feeling he may end up being a backup OG and eventual replacement for Zack.  

We found a good corner in Carson.  He'll take his lumps and get beat but he can plan and has that dawg in him.  Very nice pick.  Cowboys still can't stop the run.  The Jalen's are all pretty good.  Tolbert didn't play which was uhmmmmm, but Jalen Brooks and Cropper looked pretty good actually.  Tough day for Ryan Flourney, the rookie, with a really bad drop and fumble which didn't we didn't lose. 

Good news, the LB's and Agent O looked much better.  Bad news, without Micah, I fear our pass rush sucks.  Nobody could get pressure today.  Nobody.

Overall, the big # all saw their value go up, the rookies overall are playing well but we have some of the same issues around physicality upfront on the IDL.  Oh, Mazi looked active and better.  Not good, but definitely better than last year.

19 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

.I’ve been a fan since 64. Trey Lance is worst qb in Cowboys uniform ever. Worse than Steve Pelleur. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter on drugs. Tony banks with his 5 year old sized hands. I hope he never plays a meaningful down for this team. Unless we are sucking for Arch or Quinn.

You left some terrible Dallas QBs out...

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/the-10-worst-quarterbacks-in-dallas-cowboys-history-7100069

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/the-10-worst-quarterbacks-in-the-history-of-the-dallas-cowboys/196435/

https://www.ranker.com/list/all-dallas-cowboys-quarterbacks/ranker-nfl

Edited by LTtxfan

"losing in January" when he's literally won playoff games...like WTF?
Ya'll continue to place ALL the blame on the QB yet at the same time bemoan the front office of being bad at their jobs. Which is it?

I so wish we could see dak on a real team with a real front office.  I hate that it'll be at the expense of Dallas, but i'm going to love to watch you clowns eat crow when Dak has even more successful on a well run team and ya'll crying more about why we can't find a QB.

I was there from 2000-2006.  Most of you weren't.  You do NOT understand what QB purgatory is...you'll find out.

Point out the person who placed ALL the blame on qb. I used caps because you did as well.

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I was there from 2000-2006.  Most of you weren't.  You do NOT understand what QB purgatory is...you'll find out.

you're not that old and most of surly isn't that young.  everyone here understands more than you do about most everything.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Trey Lance has only started 26 games. Going back to high school. 1 decent season in FCS and nothing since. Shitbag. Can’t believe Niners gave up so much draft capital to get him.

I’ve been a fan since 64. Trey Lance is worst qb in Cowboys uniform ever. Worse than Steve Pelleur. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter on drugs. Tony banks with his 5 year old sized hands. I hope he never plays a meaningful down for this team. Unless we are sucking for Arch or Quinn.

Did you miss that Ben Dinucci or something?

• Haha 1

Ya, he was only first round draft pick last year.  Fuck Jerry

Mazi’s problem is stamina. He has none. Three plays and he’s fucking winded. Broadus and Moore alluded to this on radio this am. He’s improved his play in squaring up in the line but he’s gassed by quickly and his footwork gets lazy.

If they could get a 5 for him I’d take it. Stamina isn’t just fitness but mental toughness. He don’t have it. Jimmy would have sent him to the asthma field.

23 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Mazi’s problem is stamina. He has none. Three plays and he’s fucking winded. Broadus and Moore alluded to this on radio this am. He’s improved his play in squaring up in the line but he’s gassed by quickly and his footwork gets lazy.

If they could get a 5 for him I’d take it. Stamina isn’t just fitness but mental toughness. He don’t have it. Jimmy would have sent him to the asthma field.

I couldn’t believe they used a first round pick on him. Well, considering it was GM Jerry’s doing…. I can believe it.

Yep, Jimmy absolutely knew how to evaluate players and motivate them to reach their maximum potential or he’d get rid of them in a heartbeat if they didn’t meet his expectations.   Switzer only got a SB by riding on Jimmy’s coattails.

Lance’s mobility is his problem. He makes a read, then rolls out of the pocket. Thats an issue. He can’t complete the play.

His real problem is accuracy. He’s awful. He nuked laloosh out there. Broadus watched the film and said every ball that went near a WR a major effort was made on the ball. Hitting a receiver in stride, in numbers, is simply luck if he does it. To my knowledge Josh Allen is the only QB who has greatly improved his accuracy. You either have it or you don’t. Had the Niners dumped him instead of duping drunk Jerry, Trey would be on some squad struggling to make a practice team.

Lance may or may not be the worst backup in the league but either way if he has to start we’re fucked. I have no doubt Jerry thinks he’d step in if we let Dak walk, because he’s a complete fucking idiot. If we make the playoffs somehow I’ll be interested to see how bad Zimmer implodes in the first round game, he has some big shoes to fill after Quinn let GB receivers just waltz their way around the secondary unimpeded for 60 straight minutes. Sorry, I mean, can’t believe Dak let Jordan Fucking Love play leisurely pitch and catch for 60 straight minutes. 

40 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Sorry, I mean, can’t believe Dak let Jordan Fucking Love play leisurely pitch and catch for 60 straight minutes. 

dak couldn’t do anything on offense and kept giving the ball back to GB.  dak is absolutely responsible for GB’s offensive success. 

21 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

https://sportdfw.com/posts/cowboys-receive-devastating-injury-news-after-preseason-opener-01j56djcpgsj

Edoga out for a bit. Toes sometimes linger for a long time. Every camp the same as OL get hurt and DLs get suspended. Fuck you can set a watch by it.

Chuma sucks so it could be a blessing in disguise.  Let's see what Richards can do with all the swing snaps and reps.  If he can handle it, you can IR Chuma and possibly he can be ready if someone goes down mid-season.  If not, you PS him and move on.  Hopefully Richards can improve and at least play a functional RT, he had been playing guard and improving.

On 8/4/2024 at 11:16 PM, totallynotabuttpirate said:

No way in hell he'd sell, the team is the only reason he's relevant. That means everything to him. Maybe his special son would try to sell after JJ croaks in 15 years when his deal with the devil expires. 

Yep. If Jerry sold the team, he'd be just another billionaire businessman. As Cowboys owner and GM, he's the face of the franchise. Sports media reporters stick microphones in his face and ask for his delusional opinions. He's on prime-time TV. No way he's giving that shit up. He's too much of an egotistical blowhard to voluntarily step out of the spotlight. He loves being the center of attention.

On 8/11/2024 at 7:25 PM, futureman said:

you're not that old and most of surly isn't that young.  everyone here understands more than you do about most everything.

Is this where you wow us with your thoughts on rugby players being impactful in the NFL again, you stupid fuck?

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

Note to self (add Raiders Zamir White to my FF team.) so far a good start. Team that might be totally fucked is Steelers. Why do things look so hard for Russell? I have to admit Pete deserves a lot more credit.

i hope this post season we play like the most valuable franchise in the world. 

what’s up with the BOA players on a weird blimp like graphic?