Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It's a great question.  I thought about it yesterday.  It's hard to see, maybe he's a really stout blocker in practice, because without that, yea, he's just another midwestern stiff who probably should have been a 5th round pick.  Have to think his 2nd round investment is keeping him on the roster or at least giving him the tie breakers.  

Schoonmaker is an elite blocker. He’s not going anywhere. I expect Hendershot to be cut and they’ll keep one or both of Stephens/Spann-Ford. I also expect them to keep Vaughn along with Zeke, Dowdle and Hunter, so not sure they keep 4 TEs with Hunter being able to play TE roles as H back. 

4 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Micah disappears in big games? What were CDs stats in the first half of the GB game before things got so bad that GB quit covering anyone?

Yes. Is this serious?  Nothing against GB, Detroit, or SF. 7 tackles and 0 sacks in those games. He did have 2.5 sacks against a tanking Philly team (2 games) and a half sack against Miami. 10 of his 14 sacks were against terrible Wash, NYG, Jets, Chargers, Cardinals, and Carolina. He had 2.5 sacks after thanksgiving. He wears down and is overrated. He’s not a Top 5 pass rusher in the league, objectively looking at statistics. He’s averaged 13.5 sacks per season and never finished better than Top 6. 

Conversely, CeeDee led league in receptions last year (by a lot), was 2nd in yards and 3rd in touchdowns. He is MUCH more valuable to this team. In the 3 hardest games that Micah no-showed, Lamb had 386 yards and 2 TDs. In the 7 games after Thanksgiving, he had 6 TDs and 793 yards. 

You need to forget about the Green Bay game. That was a collective failure. Offensively it was 100% on Dak. Not much CD can do when Dak is giving the ball to GB, and the defense cannot stop a damn thing. Micah much more culpable than Lamb that game. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Like 1

It's hard to believe a QB who has never been a starter in the NFL can't simply come in and immediately give an all-star performance. Obviously Lance needs to go. 
But suppose over the season, a thousand reps helps him improve by 50%. Next year he only throws 2 pics per game, or maybe one? Next year he improves his ability to tuck and run, maybe makes one or two fifty yarders per game? He's fast, right? How's he gonna look behind a team that adds an extra fifty million or so to their cap? Maybe a couple of unstoppable young pass rushers? Two or so premier offensive linemen (who will pull up those around them)?
Fuck Dak. He's injury prone. He peaked a couple of years ago.

You just saw, hopefully, Trey Lance’s last plays in a Cowboys uniform. This is the last year of his contract. He’s a free agent after this season. So to get your 50% improvement you get to sign him for a second contract. Where does the market value Lance in 2025? Is it $10mil? $20mil? I think $1 is too much. Those five INTs don’t help his marketability for his agent.

8 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

You just saw, hopefully, Trey Lance’s last plays in a Cowboys uniform. This is the last year of his contract. He’s a free agent after this season. So to get your 50% improvement you get to sign him for a second contract. Where does the market value Lance in 2025? Is it $10mil? $20mil? I think $1 is too much. Those five INTs don’t help his marketability for his agent.

Lance is probably done in Dallas after this season unless Dak gets hurt for the season. If that happens, I want Lance and not Rush finishing it out. And it’ll probably end up predictably and he’d end up signing with another team for a bare bones contract as a backup. Who cares what happens after that. It is a shame what happened to him. He was advised he’d go early and listened instead of gaining invaluable experience he can never get back. Dumb decision in hindsight. 

For TEs if they keep four it will be
Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Spann-Ford, and Stephens. If three Stephen’s probably to the PS.

They gave Spann-Ford a three year contract with a $950k avg, with a $245k guarantee. A $2.85 mil contract ain’t bad for a UDFA.

Lance is probably done in Dallas after this season unless Dak gets hurt for the season. If that happens, I want Lance and not Rush finishing it out. And it’ll probably end up predictably and he’d end up signing with another team for a bare bones contract as a backup. Who cares what happens after that. It is a shame what happened to him. He was advised he’d go early and listened instead of gaining invaluable experience he can never get back. Dumb decision in hindsight. 

One has to wonder if Trey can be traded to a team in need for a good RB prospect or a CB to fill Blands hole. Trey should have portaled to a p5 school command been a super senior like Bo Nix. But for SF to cut bait after investing three ones for him says much about his inherent ability. Surprised they didn’t fire all involved.

1 minute ago, Texzilla588 said:

One has to wonder if Trey can be traded to a team in need for a good RB prospect or a CB to fill Blands hole. Trey should have portaled to a p5 school command been a super senior like Bo Nix. But for SF to cut bait after investing three ones for him says much about his inherent ability. Surprised they didn’t fire all involved.

We aren’t getting a running back that would be any better than 3rd string in talent. We need to hang onto him and see how this season plays out. 

Firing everyone would’ve included some combo of Lynch and Shanahan. Those guys aren’t going anywhere. Unlike the Cowboys they make bold moves. Like shedding dead weight when they realize it and going hard after McCaffery. Teams miss on QBs all the time and sometimes way overpay for QBs, whether in the draft (SF) or extending a purported MVP candidate (Philly), and competent front offices quickly rectify those decisions in short order. They don’t worry about $. They figure it out. 

We aren’t getting a running back that would be any better than 3rd string in talent. We need to hang onto him and see how this season plays out. 
Firing everyone would’ve included some combo of Lynch and Shanahan. Those guys aren’t going anywhere. Unlike the Cowboys they make bold moves. Like shedding dead weight when they realize it and going hard after McCaffery. Teams miss on QBs all the time and sometimes way overpay for QBs, whether in the draft (SF) or extending a purported MVP candidate (Philly), and competent front offices quickly rectify those decisions in short order. They don’t worry about $. They figure it out. 

Agreed. It’s the difference in ownership and FO. I rarely understand the capital teams spend on untested marginal QB talent when the league is littered with failure in R1 and success further down. Too many will hang on to losers because of trying to save face. I respect them for dumping Trey when they uncovered Purdy.
I hate Jerry wasted a four on him.

12 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

You going to pay him $40+ mil ? He’s very good but as I said teams are figuring him out, running away from him or right over him, or exploiting his overpursuit. And his stamina for a 20 game season is dubious. I hope he becomes worthy of being the top paid non QB in history. He’s the only real tradeable huge asset they have. If they need a QB they need picks.

They aren’t trading Micah, CD, or Dak. They’ll pay them all.

7 hours ago, futureman said:

image.thumb.png.001b1b384064a7b2eb36b2caa24656e4.png

jerry says you all can suck his 80-year-old cock

Pretty sure he's already getting that from the dumbass fans who pay money to see this team and buy merchandise. They're even paying him for the honor.

Or maybe that's just bending them over. Potato Potahto.

They aren’t trading Micah, CD, or Dak. They’ll pay them all.

Yes they will. And ten years from now it will be the same story. Jerry 91 years old chasing that fourth ring. Team in dead cap hell. Losing with Trey Lance throwing 97 INTs a season. We’re all in cowboys Groundhog Day, a time space warp that just repeats endlessly for eternity.
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Yes they will. And ten years from now it will be the same story. Jerry 91 years old chasing that fourth ring. Team in dead cap hell. Losing with Trey Lance throwing 97 INTs a season. We’re all in cowboys Groundhog Day, a time space warp that just repeats endlessly for eternity.

Pretty much. Dak/CD/Micah = Romo/Dez/DWare. They will give you some good regular seasons and their teams will never suck unless major injuries occur, usually to the QB. But come playoff time, that level of play decreases. Neither of those groups of teams could beat Rodgers when it mattered most.

Micah's MO seems to be rack up a lot of sacks against shitty teams, usually earlier in the season. And then fizzles out as the season goes on. And is non-existent in the playoffs. Has one single sack his entire playoff career. Could be due to the defensive coaching making him too predicable and not moving him around. He is also undersized as an edge rusher and getting beat up by big OL will take its toll and wear you down. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Not when he strains a hamstring during the opener because he’s out of shape.
I'm pretty sure he's been working out this whole time. Training camp reps and a few drives in preseason aren't going to be some huge advantage to staying healthy.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

“I’ve done it all. So I have an ordinate amount of confidence that fuck, if anybody can figure out how to get this shit done, I can figure out how to get it done. I’ve been there every which way from Sunday, and have I busted my ass a bunch, a bunch. And there’s nobody living that’s out cutting and shooting that can’t give you a bunch of times they busted their ass. So hell no, there’s nobody that could fucking come in here and do all the contracts … and be a GM any better than I can."

- Jerry Jones

4 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

I’m not saying it’s a good thing, I’m just saying what I think will happen.

1 domino has fallen.

Ill point out that Dak might not be a Cowboy next season and I’ll still be technically correct if they let him walk.

1 minute ago, n64ra said:

“I’ve done it all. So I have an ordinate amount of confidence that fuck, if anybody can figure out how to get this shit done, I can figure out how to get it done. I’ve been there every which way from Sunday, and have I busted my ass a bunch, a bunch. And there’s nobody living that’s out cutting and shooting that can’t give you a bunch of times they busted their ass. So hell no, there’s nobody that could fucking come in here and do all the contracts … and be a GM any better than I can."

- Jerry Jones

Dios Mio…

John Lynch?

whoever is running the Chefs [sic]?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

But let's keep blaming Micah, and CeeDee, and Dak, and other players and their contracts. The problem is Jerry and the idiots he hires as coaches, because nobody worth a shit will be a coach under a piece of shit whose only aim in life is to take credit for anything and everything. That's why we keep losing playoff games. McCarthy and his stooges were completely blindsided by Green Bay's game plan and gave up 3 td's in their first 4 possessions, oh and never adjusted, so receivers were untouched all fucking game long. That's on Mike and his morons on staff. The only reason he wasn't fired was because, again, nobody worth a shit will work for Jerry Fucking Jones. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, n64ra said:

- Jerry Jones

This is from The Onion, right? Babylon Bee?

But let's keep blaming Micah, and CeeDee, and Dak, and other players and their contracts. The problem is Jerry and the idiots he hires as coaches, because nobody worth a shit will be a coach under a piece of shit whose only aim in life is to take credit for anything and everything. That's why we keep losing playoff games. McCarthy and his stooges were completely blindsided by Green Bay's game plan and gave up 3 td's in their first 4 possessions, oh and never adjusted, so receivers were untouched all fucking game long. That's on Mike and his morons on staff. The only reason he wasn't fired was because, again, nobody worth a shit will work for Jerry Fucking Jones. 

That would be on coach 28-3 running the defense.

The offensive ineptitude would be on fat Mike, and Dak.

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Micah's MO seems to be rack up a lot of sacks against shitty teams, usually earlier in the season. And then fizzles out as the season goes on. And is non-existent in the playoffs. Has one single sack his entire playoff career. Could be due to the defensive coaching making him too predicable and not moving him around. He is also undersized as an edge rusher and getting beat up by big OL will take its toll and wear you down.

I was told this opinion was incorrect by @lilMAC25 who has yet to respond to my post about it. 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

At this point is there even any downside? If he passes all of the physicals, sure why not. 

Zero downside. I just won’t really give a shit until I see 2022 Dalvin, which was already showing signs of slowing down. If there is interest, Cowboys may sign him to practice squad. 

9 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I was told this opinion was incorrect by @lilMAC25 who has yet to respond to my post about it. 

2. MICAH PARSONS, DALLAS COWBOYS: 92.4

Sacks Hits Hurries Total Pressures Win Rate Pressure Rate
16 19 71 106 24.2% 21.5%

Parsons excels at getting into the backfield. He has 14-plus sacks in each of his three NFL seasons and has recorded more than 100 total pressures in two consecutive campaigns. Parsons led all edge rushers in pressure rate and pass-rushing productivity (12.6) in 2023 while finishing second in pass-rush win rate.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-interior-edge-defenders-2023-nfl-season

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

2. MICAH PARSONS, DALLAS COWBOYS: 92.4

16 19 71 106 24.2% 21.5%

Parsons excels at getting into the backfield. He has 14-plus sacks in each of his three NFL seasons and has recorded more than 100 total pressures in two consecutive campaigns. Parsons led all edge rushers in pressure rate and pass-rushing productivity (12.6) in 2023 while finishing second in pass-rush win rate.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-interior-edge-defenders-2023-nfl-season

Factually incorrect numbers, and you addressed maybe 10% of my post. 

12 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Factually incorrect numbers, and you addressed maybe 10% of my post. 

Take it up with PFF.

and you’re not top5 pressure, win rate, and pressure rating if you’re completely disappearing against “the good teams”.

PFF, FoxSports, CBSSports, etc have Parsons as top 4 pass rusher IN THE NFL.

Edited by lilMAC25

2. MICAH PARSONSDALLAS COWBOYS: 92.4

16 19 71 106 24.2% 21.5%

This doesn’t address the chief criticism on him, which is losing stamina in the later part of the season. You’d have to look at his weekly stats. The other is simply cap management; can you afford to keep him?

4 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

This doesn’t address the chief criticism on him, which is losing stamina in the later part of the season. You’d have to look at his weekly stats. The other is simply cap management; can you afford to keep him?

The first half seems like a usage issue, not a Parsons’ issue.

The second half is a management issues, not a Parsons’ issue.

Trading a top 5 pass rusher in a league where defending the pass is CRUCIAL to team success in the league is more than a “risky” move.

Edited by lilMAC25

Dak has so much leverage over Jerry Jones now. When Jerry Jones has the leverage he uses it. I hope Dak returns that favor, honestly.

And no, this isn't some "pro Dak" stance. This is a "fuck that billionaire idiot" stance. Although in typical fashion.....he probably wants this, as it will bring more attention and money for him.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Dak has so much leverage over Jerry Jones now. When Jerry Jones has the leverage he uses it. I hope Dak returns that favor, honestly.

And no, this isn't some "pro Dak" stance. This is a "fuck that billionaire idiot" stance. Although in typical fashion.....he probably wants this, as it will bring more attention and money for him.

Dak’s agent no doubt wants him to push off a contract unless it’s stupid rich to put him on the open market in 2025. Also if staying Dak should want to know who his coaches are going to be, another problem with Jerry’s treatment of coaching contracts.