Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dallas isn't signing CD to a big deal without knowing who the QB will be. It obviously isn't that bum Lance. Rush is a solid backup but that's it.

Dak will be retained, just a matter of when now.

Idk, the vikings did it with Jefferson.  I think this year will determine Daks future.  Could have Quinn MF Ewers throwing to him next year. 

Edited by EvilCaseMcCoy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Anyone who has him ahead of Garrett, Bosa and Watt is nuts. He’s in the next group with Judon, Hendrickson, Reddick, Crosby, Mack, Hutchinson and some others. You’re really splitting hairs with those 7. I repeat, Parsons disappears in big games and down the stretch, and CeeDee is much more valuable to the team and it isn’t close. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Idk, the vikings did it with Jefferson.  I think this year will determine Daks future.  Could have Quinn MF Ewers throwing to him next year

I'll take that deal over Dak any day. Evers is smart. Fucking Dak.... He's also accurate, just like a young Troy Aikman. Aikman fucking rocked almost immediately (yeah, I know. That first year was more like rocky... but there was never any doubt that he was gonna be great.). Imagine old Jer' shuffling off to Buffalo about the same time. New, non-barnyard coach? Get some excitement back into the mix.

The team probably needs to take a bath this year. Get some very high draft pics. Another good reason for dumping Dak. The sooner he's a bad memory, the better.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

3 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Idk, the vikings did it with Jefferson.  I think this year will determine Daks future.  Could have Quinn MF Ewers throwing to him next year. 

And that's why the Vikings now have Sam Darnold throwing to Jefferson. And they drafted that spare McCarthy. Both of these guys are huge steps down from Cousins. Yes, Cousins never won anything of value but he's much better than what they decided to replace him with. Extending these WRs to big deals is a waste if your QB situation is unknown. 

Jerry will sign Dak. Not sure when, but it will happen at some point. Can't remember the last QB Jerry drafted with intentions of being the guy. Romo and Dak were never supposed to start. This franchise doesn't use high draft picks on QBs.

• Hook 'Em 1

Most notable cuts so far are Tyron Billy-Johnson, Peyton Hendershot, and Eric Scott. Saw articles suggesting all of those guys might make the team.
Chiefs cut our old buddy Kelvin Joseph.

Hendershot traded to KC for a 7th.

I had lost track of ol’ YKDV Bossman Fat, who somehow couldn’t remember one of his crew shooting a dude from a car he was riding in. 3rd team since getting the boot in Dallas. A fucking waste of a 2.

On 8/25/2024 at 5:53 PM, Rex Kramer said:

Schoonmaker is an elite blocker. He’s not going anywhere. I expect Hendershot to be cut and they’ll keep one or both of Stephens/Spann-Ford. I also expect them to keep Vaughn along with Zeke, Dowdle and Hunter, so not sure they keep 4 TEs with Hunter being able to play TE roles as H back.

image.gif.fcd647a642f7d0f5e2e0f76c7e8613fc.gif

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Why are we looking at more RBs? I know Zeke is going to deliver at least 400 yards on the season plus he can back up at center.

He’s gonna need 250 carries to get those 400 yards so there won’t be many to spare.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

He will be jogging feeling inside like he is flying when he gets hurt this time. I going to tell Jerry I having been working on things in the garage and feel rejuvenated maybe I can get a job with the organization. It would be a fun joke unfortunately some poor bastard low on the totem pole reviews the resumes.

Eh. I don't really care about RB. It's the least important position and in my opinion one of the only things the team is doing right. Just go RB by committee. Some dude you've never heard of will pop off for a 100 yard game at some point and we'll all be going, "wow, who is that guy!"

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Eh. I don't really care about RB. It's the least important position and in my opinion one of the only things the team is doing right. Just go RB by committee. Some dude you've never heard of will pop off for a 100 yard game at some point and we'll all be going, "wow, who is that guy!"

kansas-city-chiefs-royals_jun.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/27/2024 at 11:08 AM, futureman said:

losing dak to free agency is the last shred of hope this franchise has left.  period. 

That and JJ sinking with his stupid yacht to the bottom of the ocean. Seriously, if he was just an owner and not JJ, he would have fired his GM 5 times over the course of the last 30 years.  I won’t watch a single Cowboy this year that isn’t a Thursday, Sunday, or Monday night when that is the only game on. They are uninteresting and uninspiring and I hope this season is what finally kills JJ.

A few items as we get ready for game week, next week.....

He's going against maybe the best pure pass rusher in the league in week 1, so I'm expecting a rough outing with multiple pre-snap penalties, a couple of holds and giving up some pressures, but if he can get through it without losing his confidence, then he's gonna have a chance to settle in and be a pretty good tackle for us this season and into the future.

This is on Carson, the OP wasn't linking.  I like him, I think the has a shot at being valuable one day, but he ain't ready for this.  He's going to get beat..... a lot the first year and it's not his fault.  He should be a CB4 or 5, not a boundary starter.  Let's hope he learns on the job quickly.

Solid bench player..... He ended up in Washington with Quinn.  

There's a little more to this like losing Dorance Armstrong and Fowler in Free Agency and then having Sam Williams blow out his knee for the year so despite adding a rookie who looks like he can stop the run, we're way worse at DE and generating pass rush.  Or technically, Joseph replaces Hankins.  So it's exact direct replacements, but how do you think the Cowboys braintrust fared in the end on the roster?  You get Overshawn and Diggs back too but there will be more injuries, probably at least 1 early.  I can't say the roster is better, but maybe not worst.  Meh, it's always about replacing and not improving it seems.  With a first place schedule and a couple of brutal stretches, I think most folks think we won't get to 12 wins again and it's easy to understand why.

Why would it be a good thing to let Dak walk in free agency? He is an asset with value. To lose him for nothing is probably one of the most idiotic outcomes possible.

Well I suppose if some team is willing to give up draft capital or something to get him in in a trade, then that would be great, but that sounds unlikely. It would be best to let Dak walk in order for some other team to strangle themselves by over paying him.

If 50m-60m a year is going to Dak then that money can’t go to other roster spots. Dak has proven that he cannot win big playoff games by himself, that he needs a very strong cast around him. So it’s either: (a) pay Dak and skimp on the rest of the roster and then fail in the playoffs as soon as competition gets real, or (b) let Dak walk, pay for other roster spots that have market values that are more sensible and then find another guy to drive the bus, preferably in a rookie deal. Sort of the SF model.

Also, they should just ask bill belicheck what he wants and do that. Hopefully the cowboys hire him for next season anyway.

It’s the Dallas Cowboys, always the All Pro QBs fault. Just replace him with a rookie, easiest position to draft, never a miss. I honestly hope he walks for his sake, really unfair that he has to play for such trash coaches while taking all the blame from his own fanbase.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Well I suppose if some team is willing to give up draft capital or something to get him in in a trade, then that would be great, but that sounds unlikely. It would be best to let Dak walk in order for some other team to strangle themselves by over paying him.

If 50m-60m a year is going to Dak then that money can’t go to other roster spots. Dak has proven that he cannot win big playoff games by himself, that he needs a very strong cast around him. So it’s either: (a) pay Dak and skimp on the rest of the roster and then fail in the playoffs as soon as competition gets real, or (b) let Dak walk, pay for other roster spots that have market values that are more sensible and then find another guy to drive the bus, preferably in a rookie deal. Sort of the SF model.

Also, they should just ask bill belicheck what he wants and do that. Hopefully the cowboys hire him for next season anyway.

If other teams want Dak, and you don't, the best possible outcome is working out a trade like Detroit did with Stafford. Losing a starting caliber QB in free agency that lots of other teams would gladly take is malpractice.

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It’s the Dallas Cowboys, always the All Pro QBs fault. Just replace him with a rookie, easiest position to draft, never a miss. I honestly hope he walks for his sake, really unfair that he has to play for such trash coaches while taking all the blame from his own fanbase.

It's just idiotic roster management. Dak is an asset with value. If you lose him for nothing you're a complete joke.

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Great idea. Bill has certainly proven how easy it is to win without a good QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

An average age for your GM and HC of 77 doesn’t seem optimal. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Why would it be a good thing to let Dak walk in free agency? He is an asset with value. To lose him for nothing is probably one of the most idiotic outcomes possible.

What is his marketable value with other teams under his current contract? He cannot be traded. Cannot be franchised. So you can’t get anything for him. If you sign to a new contract the same handcuffs will apply. If he goes Cowboys will get a 3 in draft compensation. This has been the case since he came off his rookie contract.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

What is his marketable value with other teams under his current contract? He cannot be traded. Cannot be franchised. So you can’t get anything for him. If you sign to a new contract the same handcuffs will apply. If he goes Cowboys will get a 3 in draft compensation. This has been the case since he came off his rookie contract.

I forgot about the no trade clause, tbh. Another dipshitted move by the front office.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Fixed it for you 

It doesn't matter what you or any self proclaimed internet genuis thinks. He has value as an asset. Other teams would gladly pay him or trade for him and thats all that matters. At this point though you'd have to work a sign and trade.

36 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I forgot about the no trade clause, tbh. Another dipshitted move by the front office.

I am pretty sure no trade clauses are standard on the sizeable contracts.  He could waive the no trade clause if he's fine with the team.  I think he's prepared to go to free agency at this point.  Barring some catastrophic injury he'll be paid by someone

16 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I am pretty sure no trade clauses are standard on the sizeable contracts.  He could waive the no trade clause if he's fine with the team.  I think he's prepared to go to free agency at this point.  Barring some catastrophic injury he'll be paid by someone

If you're in his shoes that is the move for sure. There's no incentive to sign now. The money will only go up, even if he suffers some sort of injury.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

It doesn't matter what you or any self proclaimed internet genuis thinks. He has value as an asset. Other teams would gladly pay him or trade for him and thats all that matters. At this point though you'd have to work a sign and trade.

I do love you posts, so I accept your criticism. I'm sure I deserve it.

However, as a proud Cowboy hater, I do relish their endlessly entertaining antics and always enjoy Dak's horrific playoff performances.

• Three years ago, he lost their playoff game by running out the clock on himself, hahaha.   
  • Two years ago was the game-ending, hilarious mystery play, the Ezekiel Elliot "butt crumble" against the Niners. Dak threw his usual, game-ending horrible pass on that play. 
  • Last year vs the Packers, Dak set a new standard for lowness, even for him, with his cretin-level pick six. That pass is arguably the most important TD Dak has ever thrown. Cowboy fans point to his overall stats in that game as if they have any meaning, but ALL of it was in garbage time after he dug the team into a bottomless hole.

I'm certainly no expert, and I deserve your wrath, but I think his contract makes him a bust. When comparing his record vs playoff teams to his wins against bad teams, his stats really suffer. I stand by my admittedly ugly post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I forgot we lost Armstrong. Man this defense is super fucked 
Yep. Add playing without Bland for the first quarter of the season. Who knows how Diggs will be coming off a major injury where he hasn't played in a real game in almost a year.

I expect the interior of this defense to yet again be soft and weak. Teams will be able to bully them as usual.

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I do love you posts, so I accept your criticism. I'm sure I deserve it.

However, as a proud Cowboy hater, I do relish their endlessly entertaining antics and always enjoy Dak's horrific playoff performances.

• Three years ago, he lost their playoff game by running out the clock on himself, hahaha.   
  • Two years ago was the game-ending, hilarious mystery play, the Ezekiel Elliot "butt crumble" against the Niners. Dak threw his usual, game-ending horrible pass on that play. 
  • Last year vs the Packers, Dak set a new standard for lowness, even for him, with his cretin-level pick six. That pass is arguably the most important TD Dak has ever thrown. Cowboy fans point to his overall stats in that game as if they have any meaning, but ALL of it was in garbage time after he dug the team into a bottomless hole.

I'm certainly no expert, and I deserve your wrath, but I think his contract makes him a bust. When comparing his record vs playoff teams to his wins against bad teams, his stats really suffer. I stand by my admittedly ugly post.

I'm over debating about if Dak is good or not, and I appreciate that you can take my sometimes tiring snark in stride. I just can't wrap my head around letting a starting quality QB walk away for nothing, even if we all think he stinks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dak would be an absolute idiot to do a sign and trade. Why would his agent allow that? Dak is in the driver seat here. His agent wants either a monstrous 4-5 year deal with Dak in Dallas making him the highest paid player in history, or getting him to the open market in spring 25 that will make him an even bigger highest paid player in history.
  • Hook 'Em 1