Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Praise the lord!!!!!  Finally!!!!  I would now like to complain about Rico Dowdle not breaking any long runs..... Let's see if we can get the same reaction!

And in the same vein, I wish Jerruh and the rest of the Jones clan extremely long and active lives.

Cleveland is going to be in a world of hurt going forward. . They gave the Texans a king’s ransom in draft capital for Watson then signed him to huge, fully guaranteed contract that has already been restructured. Watson sucks and they have no out. 

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Cleveland is going to be in a world of hurt going forward. . They gave the Texans a king’s ransom in draft capital for Watson then signed him to huge, fully guaranteed contract that has already been restructured. Watson sucks and they have no out. 

Now THIS is what happens when you give a huge contract to the wrong QB.

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Cowboys have been more than fine, Browns have been terrible and Brady to be honest hasn't been bad either.

Given Tom's work ethic, he will review and self-critique his performance today and spend all of next week working on whatever he believes needs improving. Nobody is gonna outwork him.

I also expect he will go above and beyond in terms of researching both teams, watching film, etc. Again, nobody is gonna outwork him.

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Given Tom's work ethic, he will review and self-critique his performance today and spend all of next week working on whatever he believes needs improving. Nobody is gonna outwork him.

I also expect he will go above and beyond in terms of researching both teams, watching film, etc. Again, nobody is gonna outwork him.

I dont' think he's been BAD, but he's definitely new.

I hope he does improve...we'll be getting a LOT of him as we're the Cowboys and on FOX...#1 booth is almost a weekly thing.

I'll be honest...even if they give up the TD here...i'm impressed that it's not gonna be easy.  

Old Cowboys defenses would be playing soft and not caring with a lead like this...ONLY going for sacks and turnovers.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Even on first down?

creep-yes.gif

When they're up 24?  Yeah i'll eat it then. LOL

But Cleveland has any kind of come back, and no. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I dont' think he's been BAD, but he's definitely new.

I hope he does improve...we'll be getting a LOT of him as we're the Cowboys and on FOX...#1 booth is almost a weekly thing.

He's been solid. Doesn't sound like a first-timer to me, tbh.

As others have noted, he's knowledgeable, insightful, doesn't talk too much, doesn't speak in monotone ... he'll be excellent.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

He's been solid. Doesn't sound like a first-timer to me, tbh.

As others have noted, he's knowledgeable, insightful, doesn't talk too much, doesn't speak in monotone ... he'll be excellent.

He is loosening up and sounding more like a guy watching a football game instead of a stiff.  Especially on that last series.  Voice pitch dropped, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drew said:

ehhh..lets go get another score and seal this.

Lot of game left.  Need a nice 8 minute drive or something,

A TD with 4-5 minutes would put it away.  Makes it 4 scores.  Otherwise, a FG makes it 3 TDs, but I hate we couldn't put this away in the 3rd.  Defense will make the starters play into the 4th and we just gave them hope.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Wow..... just a terrible possession for the defense.  Way to deflate the team.  That was some pathetic effort after playing great all day.

Normally i'm pretty harsh on the defense giving up weak TD's...but i didn't think it was a give up drive at all.  I'll wait to see the next drive.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

I hated that first down play.  I know it was dictated by look, but still hate the call.  Let's get some groove.  Offense has been sitting forever.  And 3 and out..... Again, coaching.  I hate that first down call.

I felt that return TD wasn't gonna help them end the game any sooner...defense needs to reastablish here, and then a long offensive series.