Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

I thought defense would be the weak link.  But they played as good as our Offense played bad 

diggs is baaaaaackkkk

Not sure why...they have the personnel, even after the Bland injury...if anything i expected less defensive mistakes this year than last year.

Damn almost had another TO.

hope this Pass rush isn't fools gold...sure you got Micah and Tank.  And Osa will get some...but they lost Armstrong, Fowler and even Sam Williams(to injury). Need Kneeland to keep it up and Overshown. plus the other DT's.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Does Dallas face any "statue" quarterbacks this season? If so, I pity them.

Carr, Goff, Purdy, Cousins(if hes' starting), Burrow.

But they get Daniel Jones Twice, and the rookie in Washing or his backup.  And whoever the Steelers are starting

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Damn almost had another TO.

hope this Pass rush isn't fools gold...sure you got Micah and Tank.  And Osa will get some...but they lost Armstrong, Fowler and even Sam Williams(to injury). Need Kneeland to keep it up and Overshown. plus the other DT's.

QB Hits.png

Edited by Braff Zacklin
wrong pic
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

QB Hits.png

Yes i know...hope it's not  fools gold against a banged up OL.  I'm hoping they can do this against most OL's.

Ugh what a weak fucking TD.  It's pathetic to bitch about it. But sorry 33-10 looks a shit ton better than 33-17.  sue me.

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

gotta love seeing Parsons still on the field. wtf

and giving up weak ass TD's to boot.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yes i know...hope it's not  fools gold against a banged up OL.  I'm hoping they can do this against most OL's.

If they stay healthy, I'd say yes.

IMO, Parsons fades late in seasons because he gets worn down. He's slight by NFL standards. For all his explosiveness, he's a finesse player, so he needs rest and a little luck on his side.

All the more reason to be a bit steamed at the coaches for leaving him in for these final couple of meaningless series.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Saints scored 47...we should be worried about a high scoring game or this defense being able to keep that down? Or their opponent was just trash? (Carolina?)

Carolina had three ball turnovers ... and two turnover on downs, so that's essentially five turnovers. NO didn't actually roll up that many yards.

But it's the NFL. They are all professionals, and most are highly motivated. Take your eye off the ball for a second and shit will derail in a hurry.

EDIT: Wrong stats. Saints only had 379 total yards, though--thanks to those short-field opportunities.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

Great win by the Boys to open the season on the road. Actually didn’t expect it with a Browns playoff team the year prior.

Next Sunday, I’ll be there vs the Saints, as that’s my son’s team (born in LC and grew up loving Brees), so that was his birthday gift - tickets to the game. As much of a lifelong Cowboys fan, I’ve never experienced a Boys game in Jerry World. I’ve seen college games there and I’ve even worked “the chains” as a TXHSFB official for the big Saturday State Championship games, just never seen the Cowboys.

We’ll both check that box next weekend and hopefully it’ll be a good game.

Hook’em!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Carolina had four ball turnovers ... and four turnover on downs, so that's essentially eight turnovers. NO didn't actually roll up that many yards.

But it's the NFL. They are all professionals, and most are highly motivated. Take your eye off the ball for a second and shit will derail in a hurry.

Neither did we, lol.  Had 216 total yards at the half...ended with 265.  Offense has a lot to work on too.  But i'm sure some was a bit lackluster cause they had such a big lead.

4 minutes ago, SameSame said:

How did we get through a full game where Dallas actually played well and nobody declared that we’re going to the Super Bowl. 

What is the world coming to?

If we don’t say it’s our year. Then it becomes our year.