Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

The Ravens fucking quit and it almost cost them the game, there's no reading anything else into this game.

Yep, they kind of went in to the same mode Tennessee did last night or even we did against Michigan where the offense looked incapable of doing anything, the defense could be had pretty easily and they put it in coast.  The difference is that even as much as we shit on the Cowboys (and you could say this for any of the other 31) these guys are NFL professionals.  You can't really do that with that level of talent who is playing to put meat on the bone and food on the table on the other side of the field.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

Malik Hooker isn't trying to get that 2025 guarantee. 

He stood there dancing and watching Jackson run to him. 

If he takes 3 steps forward, he can make the tackle. Instead, he just bounced around waiting for others to tackle Lamar right in front of him, a yard past "game over".

Gone in February.

2 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yep complete nonsense. Missed FG was huge also but I was never worried the cowboys were truly coming back

Call me a cynic, but the 'comeback' was just a way for the sports books to get some late action going when it looked like a blowout.  #vegas 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can't afford $8mill a year, proceeds to sign CD to $34mill a year, Dak to $60mill a year.

Got it.

Henry would have been a great addition here. But nope, we went back to washed up Zeke and a bunch of no talent spares behind him.

We can't run the ball or stop the run. You will get ran off the field constantly with this setup.

• Hook 'Em 4

Singing Henry would have been a revisit to the 2016 draft when the right move for the Cowboys would have been to take Ramsey instead of Zeke and pick Henry up in the 2nd round (where we drafted drop foot Jaylon) 

Can't admit that Henry has always been the better back than Zeke and so just brought back Zeke to reaffirm in his mind that he made the right move 8 years ago.

He's a self indulging narcissist who thinks he knows better than everybody else

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Why do people still attend that shit show?

Proud to say I’ve watched like 1 minute total of cowboys football this season, and that was by accident. When I landed on the channel, I just turned the tv off…and that was the season opener. Pretty safe to say that I’m basically not a cowboys fan (or NFL fan) anymore. Dayum. 

I’ve told a few friends that if they ever win a Super Bowl, I won’t even celebrate for all the shit they’ve put us through. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Proud to say I’ve watched like 1 minute total of cowboys football this season, and that was by accident. When I landed on the channel, I just turned the tv off…and that was the season opener. Pretty safe to say that I’m basically not a cowboys fan (or NFL fan) anymore. Dayum. 
I’ve told a few friends that if they ever win a Super Bowl, I won’t even celebrate for all the shit they’ve put us through. 
NFL is a great product. I'll never stop watching. When they are on, it's hard to top.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Huh? The bookies called the ravens and said to stop scoring? Not following you here….

Prop bets on Cowboys scoring/points in a quarter/margin/damn near everything.  When they were down by 22 nobody was betting on anything.  

28 minutes ago, texas08 said:

I’ve been like this for a few years now. I’ve never been to the Jerryworld and I never will. I hate everything this franchise has become. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I’ve been to a couple of games. Never paid for the ticket myself and food and stuff was covered. 

any cowboys gear I’ve owned last few years have been gifts. Feels good not to give Jerrah any $.

I just wanna see a half empty cowboys stadium for a season

Edited by texas08

6 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Nice stadium design you fucking Arky moron. 

If you re referring to the blazing sun blasting thru the west doors, Jerry refuses to pull the curtains.  I’m amazed the networks haven’t taken a stand on late afternoon games and forced him to pull the curtains.  They are there, too to bottom.  When they do concerts they make the stadium blackout if they want covering all the exits etc.  

We have gotten our ass whipped 3x in a row at home now. 2 times this season and the GB playoff game. Found someone post these stats. Fucking putrid.

Averaging giving up 40 points a game
Averaging giving up 202 yds per game on the ground.
Opponents have scored 17 TDs against our Defense in this 0-3 stretch.
Opponents have scored on 22 of 27 possessions in those last 3 games at home.

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

So Mel kiper went on a rant about potentially banning the two high safety look because it's forcing teams to have to run the ball which is making the NFL boring. 

While I don't agree with that, it does underscore a major problem with how the Cowboys are constructed. If the two high safety look is going to force teams to run the ball much more than in previous years, then having a running back worth a damn and an offensive line that can get a push is more important than a $60 million decent, but inconsistent and inaccurate quarterback. 

The Cowboys are built completely wrong as an offense to punish the teams that want to play two high and limit their passing game. That's forcing an inconsistent quarterback to have to drive the field with a lot of short throws and with a running game that's probably the worst in the league. Add their terrible run defense to that equation, and it's a recipe for a disastrous year

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Summed up perfectly. But all of this was how we ended last year. And did zero to fix it this offseason. "All in!!"

All of that is why it made perfect sense to let Dak walk (if you couldn't get him to waive the no trade), trade Ceedee, trade Micah, and use the extra money and all those picks to start rebuilding on both defensive and offensive lines first. Sign a journeyman Mayfield/Darnold type guy for $25 Mil a year and try to build a strong running game. 

Instead they loaded all of their cap on Dak and Ceedee with garbage lines for them to work with. It's an incongruent plan of building a roster. They're way too top heavy and don't have the room to build up DL now. 

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

who’s the average running back?

He's talking about Rico

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hermanator said:

Sign a journeyman Mayfield/Darnold type guy for $25 Mil a year and try to build a strong running game.

it’s something that vexes me greatly, but I would take baker over dak right now in a fucking heartbeat.  and yes, he’d be about 30MM/year cheaper which is outrageous.  jerry and stephen are absolutely unreal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1