Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

17 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

This is a fair post, and I agree with most of it, except for saying Dak is better than half my list. I think he is equal to them, but they don't come with the ridiculous salary. What I do take issue is you blaming the defense, coaching and not Dak. Many on YouTube have broken down his performance against Green Bay. From taking horrible sacks when he could have thrown the ball away and kept the team in field goal range, to staring down and throwing to the covered wrong player on his first INT to set up a short TD drive, to his' "I'm being paid by the mob to throw this game" pick six, Dak is the most responsible for putting the team in the 28-point first-half defect. It was all on Dak. Dude sucks. 

Half your list has at sometime been the highest paid QB and remain high paid players.  The difference between a $55 and $60 salary is minimal.  The real advantage is a high performing rookie or a cheap vet like baker or Darnold. And decent contract management so it’s not wasted with huge dead cap numbers.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Half your list has at sometime been the highest paid QB and remain high paid players.  The difference between a $55 and $60 salary is minimal.  The real advantage is a high performing rookie or a cheap vet like baker or Darnold. And decent contract management so it’s not wasted with huge dead cap numbers.

Fair enough, but fight me. 

11 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

It's almost as if you've already forgotten how Romo would casually shrug his shoulders and laugh after throwing picks.

Dak has weaknesses but this level of criticism goes beyond the pale. To say he has the worst body language of any QB you've ever seen means a) you just started watching football in 2016 and b) you only watch the Cowboys and only when they are on offense.

In other words, the only way what you wrote could be true is if you've never seen any other quarterback play or you suffered a TBI in 2016 and have retrograde amnesia.

Worst body language I've ever seen from someone who calls himself the highest paid player in the league*

That better?

Just now, Hammerin Hank said:

I’ve been burned by that before too. I can’t figure out why it says that, but it seems to be a regular thing 

I have the rare night off from the family.  I'd ordinarily sign up for voluntary hemorrhoid surgery over watching NFL football, but I thought it might be a decent Thursday night diversion.  Haven't seen Beetlejuice^2, looks like a prime opportunity.

Interwebs claim FOX.  Lesson?  Never trust the interwebs.
image.thumb.png.481fe6fdc810a4c7edbd108c1292e925.png
Like any NFL game, it's on a local, free channel but only if you live in that market. Otherwise, it's on Prime only for those who don't use online streams.

My fiance loving Amazon to shop comes in handy Thursday nights for NFL.
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

I’m walking past this memorabilia store and as great as this era was, it’s like being alive in 1984 and reminiscing about how great the Cowboys were back in the mid 50s. Thanks Skeletor. 

IMG_7808.jpeg

How much for that framed photo of Ryan kicking Ventura’s ass ? 

• Haha 1

2nd and 18...

2nd down - played like 10 yards off and gains an easy 8 yards.

3rd down - played way off again and allowed an easy catch that dang near got the 1st. 

These are the hidden yards that don't show up that allows them to get points instead of making them punt.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

2nd and 18...

2nd down - played like 10 yards off and gains an easy 8 yards.

3rd down - played way off again and allowed an easy catch that dang near got the 1st. 

These are the hidden yards that don't show up that allows them to get points instead of making them punt.

Excellent point about hidden yards leading to points.... These are the game management skills which Fat McCarthy and his staff suck at.  All on Zimmer there.... he's been unimpressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Excellent point about hidden yards leading to points.... These are the game management skills which Fat McCarthy and his staff suck at.  All on Zimmer there.... he's been unimpressive.

I seem to remember when Zimmer was here the first time, this was a big gripe. How soft his defense played at all times, allowing bigger gains that necessary,