Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

How bad is the Giants' offense/coaching to only net 26 yards rushing and 1.1 yards per attempt against that defense?

how bad are we that despite ^^^^ the giants could have won on that last drive.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

How bad is the Giants' offense/coaching to only net 26 yards rushing and 1.1 yards per attempt against that defense?

when they couldn't run left I knew they were fucked.  BAL and NO just butfucked us over the left side all game.

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Do we have any one outside of Lamb at WR that poses any threat at all? Cooks is beyond washed. The collective speed on offense is terrible. Defenses don't fear anyone getting down the field and they play defense accordingly. 

turpin?

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Do we have any one outside of Lamb at WR that poses any threat at all? Cooks is beyond washed. The collective speed on offense is terrible. Defenses don't fear anyone getting down the field and they play defense accordingly. 

No.  Cooks is having a really rough time separating and we can't protect well enough for deep double moves and we don't run well enough for a great PA game to allow him to run.  He does look like he's lost a step.  At this point in his career, we probably just need to move him to the slot full-time and CeeDee needs to move outside unless running double slots.  Best possible outcomes.  Ferg is good but he's not 100% yet and Tolbert is okay, but still a jag and he may be the worst blocking WR I've seen in a long time.  With him and Cooks, it's hard to get 2nd level blocks or sealing ends for the run game.  It's really a bad situation.  We either need Tolbert to really progress or trade for a guy but that takes money and well, you know....... Other idea is fuck it and run double TE's with Luepke and maybe Stephens and go for mismatches that way.  Things we need to do on offense, realistically:

1.  End the midget experiment.  He brings nothing, not ST returns like Sproles or Meggett so he's just a little guy out there trying to do what regular RBs do and he's not.

2.  If Cook can't get on the field after this mini-bye, then cut him and start searching for another RB on other team's practice squads.  If he can, then you probably sit Vaughn or Zeke and see what happens.  Rico is our best RB and he's a jag.

3.  Move Cooks to the slot (see above)

4.  We have to get another tackle.  Guyton is a raw rookie and really struggling, but everyone forgets that Steele is a turnstile in pass pro too.  

5.  More motion and maybe more 2 TE sets.

Defense:

Only way is to trade for a DT.  Our lines are letting us down on both sides of the ball and it's impossible to keep up any momentum because our defense can't get off the field and our offense makes too many mistakes (penalties) to sustain long drives.  It's a clusterfuck and basically everyone's concerns have come to haunt this team.  Nowhere except for Overshown has any question marks overachieved.  Not Guyton, not the IDL, not the secondary, not Tolbert or Brooks.  We just aren't a good team right now.  Our weaknesses are so pronounced that the only way we can stay in games is if the QB is perfect.  Look at the tight window stats right now.  It's ridiculous.  Nobody is getting open with regularity and that's on the players but on Fatty's schemes too.  I do think a healthy Ferg and one more weapon could really help the offense become more consistent if the OL can settle down, but that's going to take one of the tackles to get better quick and Beebe to be better recognizing stunts.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I think the wr corp is good enough and could be pretty darn good but the oline is dogshit and play calling is dogshit, in part because of the oline problem and having no running game. Zimmer and his clown d is the bigger problem though, Dak and the offense could be rocking and they’d still lose because of the absolutely worthless d.

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

2nd and 18...

2nd down - played like 10 yards off and gains an easy 8 yards.

3rd down - played way off again and allowed an easy catch that dang near got the 1st. 

These are the hidden yards that don't show up that allows them to get points instead of making them punt.

Hidden yards? Have you been hanging out with Greg Davis?

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think the wr corp is good enough and could be pretty darn good

i don't see it.  we don't have speed or quickness, we're not disciplined in our routes, average athleticism, we don't even block well.  decent hands i guess.  

• Hook 'Em 1

looking at the schedule my 5-12 is probably too low.  I see these as possible wins

NYG, @CAR, WASH, TB, maybe @ATL and one random, hey this is the NFL win.  7-10 makes sense.  We should lose both to the Eagles.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Pollard wasn't very good either since his injury.  They should have drafted a running back.

Pollard still better than what they have because they won’t cut it.

Edited by Horn80

13 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Let's also give credit to their front office for letting Saquon walk.