Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Well I guess you can't call this fanbase delusional anymore, lol

This is about as apathetic I have seen this fanbase in a very long time. Probably dating back to the first part of the 2000s when we had zero hope.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, 'stache said:

Then we can pursue a real winner like Sam Darnold or Geno Smith. Show me a loss! LOL

Sam Darnold has played very well for the 4-0 Vikings and has 11 TDs to 3 INTs. More importantly he has played well vs good teams when the game matters. Geno Smith has been a pleasant surprise for the 2-1 Seahawks.  

Some players are just losers who don’t show up in important games. It’s not coaching when Dak throws his horrible INTs in the playoff game vs the Packers, takes bad sacks and digs his team in an impossible hole. And, of course, he pads his stats when the team is hopelessly behind in the second half. Prescott is a loser. Perhaps that will change but we’ve seen enough from him throughout his career to know better. I’d take either of those players over him cause I would think maybe I would have a chance in the playoffs. But hey, I hope they keep paying Dak the highest salary in the league for years to come. Go Texans. 

"pads stats" jesus christ what a stupid take.

Most teams have a Defense that won't fold as soon a pick a is thrown. I've even seen some QB's throw multiple picks in a playoff game and still win because their defense gives up 35-48 points.

But yeah, Dak folds.  Playing the highest profile position, with the most pressure in ALL of sports.

Ya'll just say what you need to.  I'm so pissed Dak resigned here.  You idiots dont' deserve good QB play. WE deserve to be in QB purgatory for decades like Cleveland and Chicago and Arizona and plenty of other teams.

Just now, Drew said:

Most teams have a Defense that won't fold as soon a pick a is thrown. I've even seen some QB's throw multiple picks in a playoff game and still win because their defense gives up 35-48 points.

But yeah, Dak folds.  Playing the highest profile position, with the most pressure in ALL of sports.

Ya'll just say what you need to.  I'm so pissed Dak resigned here.  You idiots dont' deserve good QB play. WE deserve to be in QB purgatory for decades like Cleveland and Chicago and Arizona and plenty of other teams.

We are in QB purgatory.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

We are in QB purgatory.

No the fuck we aren't.  We haven't been except for the 5/6 years between Aikmen and Romo.  We've been extremely lucky to have even above average QB play for the last 20 years.

Just cause ya'll don't understand that, doesn't make it not true.  

BTW i'm not even saying he's an elite QB, or even Romo...QB purgatory is not having a guy who could win 8-10 games a year, and having to replace them every other year.

This team is not in the state it's in because of the QB.  It's the ownership and always has been. But you gullible fucks continue to be naive and believe the Jones and blame the QB exactly like they want.  It's sickening.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

No the fuck we aren't.  We haven't been except for the 5/6 years between Aikmen and Romo.  We've been extremely lucky to have even above average QB play for the last 20 years.

Just cause ya'll don't understand that, doesn't make it not true.  

BTW i'm not even saying he's an elite QB, or even Romo...QB purgatory is not having a guy who could win 8-10 games a year, and having to replace them every other year.

This team is not in the state it's in because of the QB.  It's the ownership and always has been. But you gullible fucks continue to be naive and believe the Jones and blame the QB exactly like they want.  It's sickening.

Every single time that Prescott has had the chance to showcase that he is a guy who can perform in a big game, he has slipped on the banana peel. Every time. He always has his worst game at the worst time.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

Nah, what we don’t deserve is to read grammatically retarded Dak jackoff sessions. Dak constantly chokes. Constantly. And his stats are the results of beating up bad teams and always padding stats versus decent teams after HE has fucked up the game. Stop repeating you’re pissed he resigned here. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Every single time that Prescott has had the chance to showcase that he is a guy who can perform in a big game, he has slipped on the banana peel. Every time. He always has his worst game at the worst time.

Every single time? 

Every single time? 

He literally has 2 playoffs wins.  And at least 2 other that SHOULD be wins if his defense/coaching doesn't shit the bed.  YOu can throw the 2 49rs games at his feet(even though one was basically just him and Lamb and no one else once pollard got hurt).  And maybe the last GB game(but I STILL say the defense has to not allow 48 fucking points to give your QB a chance.

Also you don't win the division that many times if you "never show up in big games"

I get it. the ONLY big games are the one he loses.

Ya'll are hypocrites.

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Nah, what we don’t deserve is to read grammatically retarded Dak jackoff sessions. Dak constantly chokes. Constantly. And his stats are the results of beating up bad teams and always padding stats after HE has fucked up the game. Stop repeating you’re pissed he resigned here. 

Which is MORE the case of the TEAM building and coaching that ONLY allows that and not the result of the QB alone.

I swear to god ya'll would run Mahomes out of here if you could.

Just now, Drew said:

Every single time? 

Every single time? 

He literally has 2 playoffs wins.  And at least 2 other that SHOULD be wins if his defense/coaching doesn't shit the bed.  YOu can throw the 2 49rs games at his feet(even though one was basically just him and Lamb and no one else once pollard got hurt).  And maybe the last GB game(but I STILL say the defense has to not allow 48 fucking points to give your QB a chance.

Also you don't win the division that many times if you "never show up in big games"

Ya'll are hypocrites.

If your standard is to be decent and make the playoffs and maybe win a game, Prescott is your guy I agree.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Every single time? 

Every single time? 

Ya'll are hypocrites.

Which is MORE the case of the TEAM building and coaching that ONLY allows that and not the result of the QB alone.

I swear to god ya'll would run Mahomes out of here if you could.

Mahomes is significantly better than Dak. You need to shut the fuck up, Drew. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

No no, you see, it's all the incompetent coach's fault. He would do terrible if Cooper Rush had to start. He definitely wouldn't go 4-1 in that scenario.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

If your standard is to be decent and make the playoffs and maybe win a game, Prescott is your guy I agree.

That's not the standard...but you're saying "QB purgatory" when we have a guy who's good enough to win a SB if the team provides even the slightest amount of help. Like every other QB who's ever existed.

That's my point.

You really don't know and have never felt QB purgatory like i did in the fucking late 80's or 2000-2006.  Ya'll are all naive and don't remember those days.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

That's not the standard...but you're saying "QB purgatory" when we have a guy who's good enough to win a SB if the team provides even the slightest amount of help. Like every other QB who's ever existed.

That's my point.

You really don't know and have never felt QB purgatory like i did in the fucking late 80's or 2000-2006.  Ya'll are all naive and don't remember those days.

So you think that QB is the most important position in sports, but when a team keeps losing playoff games in embarrassing fashion he doesn't hold any accountability in that. It's everyone else's fault. He gets no help from anybody. OK.

Edited by Pam Cummings

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

And yet, I absolutely guarantee you idiots would find SOMETHING to complain about.

BTW Mahomes isn't winning SB's in Dallas either.  

Ya'll post all over this thread about how bad the ownership/front office/coaching is...but pretend some other QB would magically save this franchise?  Like WTF?

Once again, I am NOT saying Dak is Mahomes or even on his level.  But whatever QB you name would NOT be doing much better here than Dak.  

So you think that QB is the most important position in sports, but when a team keeps losing playoff games in embarrassing fashion he doesn't hold any accountability in that. OK.

Who said that?  No accountability? If course not. Don't be stupid.

But you put it ALL on him like all the other lemmings on here.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

And yet, I absolutely guarantee you idiots would find SOMETHING to complain about.

Ya'll post all over this thread about how bad the ownership/front office/coaching is...but pretend some other QB would magically save this franchise?  Like WTF?

Once again, I am NOT saying Dak is Mahomes or even on his level.  But whatever QB you name would NOT be doing much better here than Dak.  

I don't put every single failing on him, no. But I've seen enough to know this ain't it.

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't put every single failing on him, no. But I've seen enough to know this ain't it.

And you will continue to say that no matter who is the QB.

And i know ya'll wont say it, but even I said dak needs to fucking go somewhere else.  He won't win here cause he's not fucking superman and they pretend he is.

The worst thing he did was agree to the contract...he deserved to go to a real team with a real fan base and a team that wouldn't actively work to sabotage him with BS "all in" comments while doing NOTHING, and making the fan base hating actually good QB's (both Romo and Dak) since Aikmen. 

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

And you will continue to say that no matter who is the QB.

And i know ya'll wont say it, but even I said dak needs to fucking go somewhere else.  He won't win here cause he's not fucking superman and they pretend he is.

The worst thing he did was agree to the contract...he deserved to go to a real team with a real fan base and a team that wouldn't actively work to sabotage him with BS "all in" comments while doing NOTHING, and making the fan base hating actually good QB's (both Romo and Dak) since Aikmen. 

I don't begrudge Dak as a human or for fleecing Jones dumb ass out of max money. But why would i ever feel bad for him, or hold back on criticizing him. As a fan, I'm just done being teased.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

Dak isn’t elite but he’s very good. The “choke” thing is fucking laughable. The defense fails constantly. Yall said the same about Romo but ignore that he actually had a ton of 4th quarter comebacks. He had to because his defense like now was constantly a piece of shit and folded in the fourth, every fucking time, meaning he had to win the game in the last drive or if he couldn’t he’d get the blame. Fuck nfl fans, the stupidest people ever. Sam Fucking Darnold, lol, a few good early season games and he’s now the model. Fucking idiots.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Dak isn’t elite but he’s very good. The “choke” thing is fucking laughable. The defense fails constantly. Yall said the same about Romo but ignore that he actually had a ton of 4th quarter comebacks. He had to because his defense like now was constantly a piece of shit and folded in the fourth, every fucking time, meaning he had to win the game in the last drive or if he couldn’t he’d get the blame. Fuck nfl fans, the stupidest people ever. Sam Fucking Darnold, lol, a few good early season games and he’s now the model. Fucking idiots.

Whether it's fair or not, the QB gets the blame when their team loses. On the other hand, the QB also gets all of the glory if their team wins, so I guess it's somewhat fair. To be fair, Romo did have his fair share of chokes in the playoffs. The losses in the Seattle wildcard game the Giants divisional game were definitely on him. The Giants loss in particular was horrible considering how stacked that Cowboys team was. That team had 13 players on it that went to the pro bowl. Dak has never had a team that was anywhere near as stacked as that 2007 team was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Nah, I don't truly believe in Darnold. I think there is too much of a history there with him for me to trust it yet. He could go pumpkin mode at any moment.

Giants went on to win Suoer Bowl that year of course. That Cowboys ‘07 team was loaded. Just because we have a terrible front office doesn’t mean Romo and Dak aren’t both QBs that simply cannot overcome adversity in most adverse moments. Dak is a competent QB. Romo was better. Neither will win a Super Bowl even with the most talented team around them. Because they both choked / choke at some point against good competition. It happens every year with Dak. I really can’t believe this is a discussion with anyone other than Drew. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Drew said:

LOL, at people who write “SHOULD” have won the game and try to use that as a data point. How very Aggy.  

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Amazing that there are people who argue that Dak is not a choker when there is so much evidence. Of course, you are the person who claims the Cowboys had no choice but to pay him the highest contract in the history of the league. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Many of us aren’t saying it’s all on him. What I am saying is that it’s insane to have decided to pay him a “Jimbo”-sized contract when there is so much evidence that he is, well, a loser.          

But again, I love that Jerry Jones is the Texas A&M of the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Amazing that there are people who argue that Dak is not a choker when there is so much evidence. Of course, you are the person who claims the Cowboys had no choice but to pay him the highest contract in the history of the league. 

Amazing that people think the qb is the only player on the fucking field. He got blamed for the Green Bay playoff loss. He wasn’t the one letting GB receivers jog around the field not even remotely guarded. But he threw a couple of interceptions so choke. His fault. Fuck this franchise either way. Might as well become a Viking fan because Sam Fucking Darnold is the key to everything.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Amazing that people think the qb is the only player on the fucking field. He got blamed for the Green Bay playoff loss. He wasn’t the one letting GB receivers jog around the field not even remotely guarded. But he threw a couple of interceptions so choke. His fault. Fuck this franchise either way. Might as well become a Viking fan because Sam Fucking Darnold is the key to everything.

He deserves a huge amount of blame for that loss. Spotted the other team 14 points. Wasted other possessions w his choke-job throws and self-sacks and boom, they were down 28-0. For him to be paid the highest salary is a tribute to the stupidity of mankind, and that's saying a lot. 

On an unrelated note, I visited a regenerative farm south of Tulsa for my media platform. The area is absolutely beautiful and the farm, the area and the job they do is incredible.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

He deserves a huge amount of blame for that loss. Spotted the other team 14 points. Wasted other possessions w his choke-job throws and self-sacks and boom, they were down 28-0. For him to be paid the highest salary is a tribute to the stupidity of mankind, and that's saying a lot. 

On an unrelated note, I visited a regenerative farm south of Tulsa for my media platform. The area is absolutely beautiful and the farm, the area and the job they do is incredible.

My point is and has been that he's a good QB, but we don't know how good, because his coaches have been morons and his defense has been terrible most of his career. I don't claim he's elite, I push back when people start claiming that 20+ QBs have performed better. 

I think I know the place you're talking about, haven't been, but lots of chatter about the farm in the foodie scene. I'll check it out soon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My point is and has been that he's a good QB, but we don't know how good, because his coaches have been morons and his defense has been terrible most of his career. I don't claim he's elite, I push back when people start claiming that 20+ QBs have performed better. 

I think I know the place you're talking about, haven't been, but lots of chatter about the farm in the foodie scene. I'll check it out soon. 

I’ll DM you where you can order their beef, lamb and sausage. They are amazing and the stuff is excellent. 100% free of any additive, hormones, and anything else. Just animals living off the lamb. It’s brilliant. 

10 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Sam Darnold has played very well for the 4-0 Vikings and has 11 TDs to 3 INTs. More importantly he has played well vs good teams when the game matters. Geno Smith has been a pleasant surprise for the 2-1 Seahawks.  

Some players are just losers who don’t show up in important games. It’s not coaching when Dak throws his horrible INTs in the playoff game vs the Packers, takes bad sacks and digs his team in an impossible hole. And, of course, he pads his stats when the team is hopelessly behind in the second half. Prescott is a loser. Perhaps that will change but we’ve seen enough from him throughout his career to know better. I’d take either of those players over him cause I would think maybe I would have a chance in the playoffs. But hey, I hope they keep paying Dak the highest salary in the league for years to come. Go Texans. 

Sam Darnold is having an extreme outlier of a season so far. I expect he’ll revert to mean very soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Dak had something like 84 yds and 2 INTs against GB in the first half. He did NOTHING until GB was playing prevent defense. He has plenty of blame to shoulder for that loss.

• Hook 'Em 2

dak is the fucking QB, he gets the glory or the shit, and Jerry is why he has the contract he has.  If you don't want the smoke go be the QB at Carolina or Chicago.  he won't because he loves being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys(as would almost anyone else).

I think everyone is done with Dak and no one cared if we resigned him or not because he's not good enough to drag a subpar team like this up and he's not good enough to win it all(or pull a team to the NFC championship) even with a good team.  

but Jerry is gonna be Jerry and we will be the "Dak 1st round of the playoffs" Cowboys.  None of this is Dak's fault, it is all Jerry's for signing him.  I mean it has been a quarter of a century of utter futility at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Sam Darnold is having an extreme outlier of a season so far. I expect he’ll revert to mean very soon.

I would seriously doubt he backslides that far.  His time as starter was with two complete trainwrecks of organizations, with maybe 1 year of competent coaching between those two stints.  He also never had offensive weapons/support like he does this year.

No, I don't think he's one of the best qbs in the league, which his stats might say right now, but he's not going to crater into the qb that we saw in New York or Carolina either.

• Hook 'Em 1