Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

13 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Whenever Derrick Henry does something significant this year, it's yet another chance to point and laugh at Jerruh.

On that note, the $8-million-dollar-man reeled off a 51-yard dagger against the Bungles today.

"We were built to beat the Chiefs"

You might wanna build to beat the other teams too, Joe.

43 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well his coaching staff was a bunch of washed up idiots so…

No, his coaching staff is now the one leading the red commanders to looking like one of the best teams in the league with a rookie QB. 

14 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I would seriously doubt he backslides that far.  His time as starter was with two complete trainwrecks of organizations, with maybe 1 year of competent coaching between those two stints.  He also never had offensive weapons/support like he does this year.

No, I don't think he's one of the best qbs in the league, which his stats might say right now, but he's not going to crater into the qb that we saw in New York or Carolina either.

It’s already begun.

IMG_5463.thumb.png.15bf094d5e844365ed79dac9822acbbb.png

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

No, his coaching staff is now the one leading the red commanders to looking like one of the best teams in the league with a rookie QB. 

Good point. Dan Quinn is great. The qb caused those receivers to run free in the playoff game. 

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

It’s already begun.

IMG_5463.thumb.png.15bf094d5e844365ed79dac9822acbbb.png

Admittedly a mediocre game, but I always view the London games as a crap shoot in terms of who performs well.  He also had some nice throws on the last fg drive to put them back up 6.  Jets/Panthers Darnold would absolutely have gone 3-and-out or had a horrific sack/turnover.

He made it to the bye week without turning into a pumpkin, now let's see if he puts the rest to good use.  They have Detroit and the Rams after the bye, prime opportunity to shut the doubters up.

8 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Admittedly a mediocre game, but I always view the London games as a crap shoot in terms of who performs well.  He also had some nice throws on the last fg drive to put them back up 6.  Jets/Panthers Darnold would absolutely have gone 3-and-out or had a horrific sack/turnover.

He made it to the bye week without turning into a pumpkin, now let's see if he puts the rest to good use.  They have Detroit and the Rams after the bye, prime opportunity to shut the doubters up.

His rating was 50.3.

QBR 19.2

T

R

A

S

H

34 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

His rating was 50.3.

QBR 19.2

T

R

A

S

H

One game against a good defense. 

Also, he was actually playing really well until he took a heavy shot to the ribs.  He came back after one play, but he really wasn't the same after that, so I wonder whether he was playing hurt.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Good point. Dan Quinn is great. The qb caused those receivers to run free in the playoff game. 

3 years as DC. His defense finished 7th, 5th, and 5th in points allowed. In 2020 they finished 28th. In 2021 and 2022 playoff losses to SF his defense played great and kept the team in the games. Dak and the offense were shit and lost both games. 

So yeah, put all of it on a single game where no one on offense or defense showed up to play. 

On 10/5/2024 at 7:06 PM, 'stache said:

My point is and has been that he's a good QB, but we don't know how good, because his coaches have been morons and his defense has been terrible most of his career. I don't claim he's elite, I push back when people start claiming that 20+ QBs have performed better. 

I think I know the place you're talking about, haven't been, but lots of chatter about the farm in the foodie scene. I'll check it out soon. 

The last 3 years his defenses have been top 10 in the league. Dak is a solid QB for Darnold and Mayfield money. He's a terrible QB for top of the market money. He's too inconsistent and inaccurate of a QB, and in the salary cap era what you pay players is just as crucial as the players you choose. 

On 10/5/2024 at 12:02 PM, Drew said:

And you will continue to say that no matter who is the QB.

And i know ya'll wont say it, but even I said dak needs to fucking go somewhere else.  He won't win here cause he's not fucking superman and they pretend he is.

The worst thing he did was agree to the contract...he deserved to go to a real team with a real fan base and a team that wouldn't actively work to sabotage him with BS "all in" comments while doing NOTHING, and making the fan base hating actually good QB's (both Romo and Dak) since Aikmen. 

Shut the fuck up Drew

Oy vey, this endless pregame show (due to lightning delay in PGH). Chris Sims and Garrett.

Bullneck Hot Take: what if Ewers goes to the Jets?  My firm has a Jets suite, so I'd be up for that.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Oy vey, this endless pregame show (due to lightning delay in PGH).

Chris Sims and Garrett.

I really wish we could get Chris Sims back as part of the longhorn family the way Colt, VY, and Ehlinger are. He should be here experiencing this resurgence of longhorn football with the rest of us. 

I know he's kind of a chode, but when you consider his dad is one of the biggest chodes in the history of the sport, it's amazing he's only a little chode. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

3 years as DC. His defense finished 7th, 5th, and 5th in points allowed. In 2020 they finished 28th. In 2021 and 2022 playoff losses to SF his defense played great and kept the team in the games. Dak and the offense were shit and lost both games. 

So yeah, put all of it on a single game where no one on offense or defense showed up to play. 

The last 3 years his defenses have been top 10 in the league. Dak is a solid QB for Darnold and Mayfield money. He's a terrible QB for top of the market money. He's too inconsistent and inaccurate of a QB, and in the salary cap era what you pay players is just as crucial as the players you choose. 

Shut the fuck up Drew

Cool, so Quinn gets to make excuses for choking when it matters (remember the Super Bowl too?) but the qb is just a choker. Good talk.

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I really wish we could get Chris Sims back as part of the longhorn family the way Colt, VY, and Ehlinger are. He should be here experiencing this resurgence of longhorn football with the rest of us. 

I know he's kind of a chode, but when you consider his dad is one of the biggest chodes in the history of the sport, it's amazing he's only a little chode. 

We treated Simms like dogshit, it wasn't exactly our finest hour as a fanbase.  Between Colt and Ewers (MAYBE Sam) I would have killed every last one of you for a QB as talented as Chris Simms.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I know you're an okie, but I also know you're not so retarded as to not know the difference. Having a top 10 defense for 3 years and having 3 good playoff games with 1 bad playoff game vs 1 good playoff game and 3 bad for Dak and the offense. Cowboys would have played in the NFC title game in 2022 and 2021 if the offense didn't get shut down. Quinn did his job. 

You're just gaslighting. 

Well, I promised myself today I wouldn't watch this game or drink any beer, but here I am waiting for kickoff.  

They should have just shown classic Steelers/Cowboys highlights during the weather delay.

way to ruin this nbc

Edited by TOR
  • Hook 'Em 1

My favorite rain game fiasco was a Monday night game Steelers vs Miami. Used to be that Heinz field would replace the sod the week after the western pa high school playoffs had 4 games in a day on the field. But the remnants of a hurricane coming through prevented the replacement of the turf so they just laid a second layer of sod over the top of the old stuff. A rain delay right before the game meant that the center of the field was a layer of grass over 6 inches of mud. Guys would try to cut and sink to their calf in mud. Punts were plugging halfway down the ball where they landed. 

2 minutes ago, heso said:

My favorite rain game fiasco was a Monday night game Steelers vs Miami. Used to be that Heinz field would replace the sod the week after the western pa high school playoffs had 4 games in a day on the field. But the remnants of a hurricane coming through prevented the replacement of the turf so they just laid a second layer of sod over the top of the old stuff. A rain delay right before the game meant that the center of the field was a layer of grass over 6 inches of mud. Guys would try to cut and sink to their calf in mud. Punts were plugging halfway down the ball where they landed. 

Winter rules

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Kneeland down.  LOL!  We'll be on DE5 on the depth chart to start training camp now.  If Pitt can't score at will on this defense, they should just pack it in...... blow it up and rebuild.

Do a Jimmy Johnson and play linebackers at DE, let speed win.