Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Prescott is so fucking bad. Not good enough to win a super bowl, but just good enough to get a big contract that kills the team's salary cap. 

I think only Jerry would pay the $60M/year. On the introduction it says he was ranked 21 of 32 ranked by PFF.

19 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's on a 1-year contract, so if you want to say that Minnesota is "hanging their hat" on him, that's certainly a . . . take. 

The plan all along was that Darnold would start in '24 and mentor McCarthy for a season, with the kid taking over the reins in '25.  Darnold is basically a one-year rental.  The hope was that Darnold would at least be solid and that he would have a better chance of succeeding in a system that offered him a great offensive mind as a head coach, major weapons at his disposal (Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson, Jones, etc.), and a decent O-line than he had in the the dumpster fires he found himself in during the first two stops of his career (NYJ and Carolina).  So far that "decision" seems to be working pretty well.  It's certainly possible that things might go south later this season.  If that happens, the Vikings simply cut the cord and let him walk in free agency next offseason.     

I’m saying YOU are hanging your hat on him.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm going to guess that int was actually a misread by CeeDee and not Dak or at least they certainly didn't read the same thing.

maybe you throw that if you have Calvin Johnson. But there was no reason to throw it in that area to Ceedee Lamb.