Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

2 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Cowboys are the Aggies of nfl now. Face it

Cowboy fans are among the most self loathing in sports. Ags are the most self congratulatory. Your analogy is forced and doesn't work beyond your own emotions

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Honestly, didn’t really think the Boys would go to Pitt and win. Young QB vs Dak, but the Boys do play better on the road than at home. Last three home games have been stinkers! I financially know, as I spent a grand to basically take my son to witness the Saints ass whipping they delivered in week two.

Son born in Louisiana, and a Saints fan (because of Brees), would every once in a while on our drive back to SA say “Who Dat?” I told him in tiny Hamilton that he said that shit one more time, I’d kick his ass out and he’d have to Uber home!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Cowboy fans are among the most self loathing in sports. Ags are the most self congratulatory. Your analogy is forced and doesn't work beyond your own emotions

Eh that’s debatable.  The self loathing just started the last couple years..  Before that it was get on a good run, this is the year then the wheels would fall off…. So pretty close comparison.  🎢

Edited by Hook1997

So if Dak's fumble at the one had hit the pylon, it would have been a touchback, I think. Seems the play by play guy alluded to that
Yep it would have been game over.

But Dak saved this game when Dowdle decided to try and jump into the end zone from like 3 yards out. Dak saw the ball on the ground right away and jumped on it. If he had seen it even a split second later, Pittsburgh recovers and wins.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep it would have been game over.

But Dak saved this game when Dowdle decided to try and jump into the end zone from like 3 yards out. Dak saw the ball on the ground right away and jumped on it. If he had seen it even a split second later, Pittsburgh recovers and wins.

WTF Dowdle follow your FB!  Still pissed off about that stupid jump attempt.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm not hanging my hat on him any more than Minnesota is.  I'm simply responding to the notion that he's about to crater simply on the basis of one game.  

Yeah, it’s definitely not the years and years of being Sam Darnold in the NFL that I’m leaning on for evidence, it’s the one game that he just had.

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Don’t care what the stats say, Fields is really bad at passing

Quick glance at the stats showed the Steelers passed for 130 yards, or so. That terrible. The Cowboys more than doubled the yardage. Steelers are just bad. The defense is so far from being clutch and the offensive line has been shit for a decade. Baltimore and Cincy will clobber them.

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

Yeah, it’s definitely not the years and years of being Sam Darnold in the NFL that I’m leaning on for evidence, it’s the one game that he just had.

The "years and years" you reference happened in New York and Carolina -- shitty teams with very little in the way of offensive weapons to complement him -- so your "evidence" is apples and oranges. 

Pssssst.  Here's a clue for you.  

Spoiler

He's not in the same situation this season that he was in past years.