Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

did I hear the announcers say that was the first prime time game between Dallas/Pitt since '82 or was I already not paying attention?
Correct. Although they did play in the Super Bowl in 1996, which is about as primetime as you can get

37 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The "years and years" you reference happened in New York and Carolina -- shitty teams with very little in the way of offensive weapons to complement him -- so your "evidence" is apples and oranges. 

Pssssst.  Here's a clue for you.  

Reveal hidden contents

He's not in the same situation this season that he was in past years.

The Vikings offense wasn't good after Jones went down. Their defense completely bailed them out.

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Vikings offense wasn't good after Jones went down. Their defense completely bailed them out.

All true.  

I also think Darnold may have been playing injured for most of the game.  He took a big shot to the ribs late in the first quarter, which knocked him out of the game for a play.  Prior to that he was 4-5 for 44 and looked sharp.  After the hit, he was 10 for 26 with a pick the rest of the way, and just looked off at times.

Edited by Carl Spackler

The Steelers gave it everything they had in front of their home crowd, and the Cowboys were damn scrappy. They matched them blow for blow and miraculously avoided giving the game away. We've got some good receivers. Dowdle looks strong. Hope he learned something on that fumble. Get the feeling Prescott will never stop making the big mistakes. Too bad, too. He made several last night and just got a little lucky there at the end. OTOH, he recovered that fumble on the four and came thru on the TD pass (nice fumble at the one, Dak. Glad it didn't hit the pylon. Worth a chuckle or two.) 

Maybe the Boys'll hit a lucky streak. Doubt it will get us any further than one playoff game, but if that's all they can do, I hope they do it with the grit they showed last night and throw in another last second victory or two.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

The "years and years" you reference happened in New York and Carolina -- shitty teams with very little in the way of offensive weapons to complement him -- so your "evidence" is apples and oranges. 

Pssssst.  Here's a clue for you.  

Reveal hidden contents

He's not in the same situation this season that he was in past years.

Ok. He’s still not likely to turn into a really good QB. He’s got a LOT of history at this level, and it’s generally dogshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Ok. He’s still not likely to turn into a really good QB. He’s got a LOT of history at this level, and it’s generally dogshit.

I don't disagree with this.  I think the hope/expectation is that he'll simply be solid this year -- nothing special but better than what he showed in NY or Carolina.  His performance through the first four games had exceeded expectations.

31 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

All true.  

I also think Darnold may have been playing injured for most of the game.  He took a big shot to the ribs late in the first quarter, which knocked him out of the game for a play.  Prior to that he was 4-5 for 44 and looked sharp.  After the hit, he was 10 for 26 with a pick the rest of the way, and just looked off at times.

I'm rooting for Darnold just because I want some sanity back in the QB market. I want there to be more examples of a decent QB not eating the entire cap, having a team around him, and the team makes a nice run.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm rooting for Darnold just because I want some sanity back in the QB market. I want there to be more examples of a decent QB not eating the entire cap, having a team around him, and the team makes a nice run.

Yeah you gotta consider the free agents and cap wiggle room you have if your QB is cheap.

Parsons is gonna be the same way on d.  How much better off would the defense be with 3-4 more good starters that his salary will prevent them from having?
Agreed. There's no need to break the bank for him. Fill out the DTs and LBs. Get a better safety. All of that would help this defense more than just Parsons alone. But i have no doubt the front office signs him.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

I don't disagree with this.  I think the hope/expectation is that he'll simply be solid this year -- nothing special but better than what he showed in NY or Carolina.  His performance through the first four games had exceeded expectations.

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded portion.

Edited by lilMAC25

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Parsons is gonna be the same way on d.  How much better off would the defense be with 3-4 more good starters that his salary will prevent them from having?

The D is better without him except 2-3 games a year where he dominates the Giants and other substandard teams. Parsons fucks so many things up for other guys. He tries to be LT and he’s not close. 

• Like 2

Not a good Game.  Dak was bad, obviously.  But showed up at the end, as he should.  The play of the game was diving on that last fumble. The throw on 3rd down before it and the one to a hobbled Tolbert were very good.

Defense the real winner...Pitt isn't a great offense, but kept them down despite missing a LOT of players.

I'm sure this thread was great last night...glad it was delayed so I could miss it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Like he said in the clip they were offensive innovators, and winning a ton with that exciting style of play is what made them America's Team. 

Now they're offensive retreaders. Because the owners are retarders

back in the day, landry would come up with the offensive and defensive game plans for the week. the guy was a football genius. 

brandt and schram, also football genius 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure Bland playing 30 snaps is going to have a major effect on the outcome vs the Lions, but maybe?  It's undoubtedly good news, but wonder if it would be better to just keep him out and give him until after the BYE to be 100%.  We'll see, but it's good to see him coming back.  Maybe the rookie will be back too?  Parson after the BYE?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not sure Bland playing 30 snaps is going to have a major effect on the outcome vs the Lions, but maybe?  It's undoubtedly good news, but wonder if it would be better to just keep him out and give him until after the BYE to be 100%.  We'll see, but it's good to see him coming back.  Maybe the rookie will be back too?  Parson after the BYE?

Parsons can sit until he learns gap responsibility football for all I care. Bland being back, even in a limited role, is fairly big and welcome news. I fear the Lions O. This is a big game for the back 7 with St Brown, Jameson, LaPorta, and Gibbs/montgomery on screens. For some weird reason, the way the DL, Kendricks/Liufau/Overshown have played the last two games, I’m not as worried about rushing yardage. I’m worried about Goff spreading it out and checking down to those backs. We need Bland. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, LonghornJudas said:

Are we really doing a "Let's Go Brandon"? 

It’s Dallas, Aubrey was kicking, and these are dipshit Cowboys fans that actually pay to see the game. You know, the kinds of people that wear jerseys, fight, and Drew wishes he was. 

Edited by Rex Kramer