Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

1 minute ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I’m not sure why, as a lifelong Cowboys fan, I take some sort of pleasure in seeing them get blown out at home. I hate it, but it’s affirming in some way. It will result in no real change, but at least the taunting from friends does t really hurt like it did in the Romo days. 

Same but I don't hate it. This is what needs to happen to move on again. It won't change anything because it's all on Jerry. It may get worse since he's destroyed the ability to get any free agents that could be decent. No one is pushing Jerry out, no matter how bad things get. He answers to no one because the fans won't make the money dry up. So it's just bring in the next former head coach to see if he can squeeze anything out of Dak and Ceedee. If only losses like this took years off Jerry's life because that's honestly the only way this gets better outside of a miraculous head coaching hire that makes everything work. But who wants to work for Jerry but a retread? 

• Hook 'Em 5

Part of being a great owner is making a big brand and a profit and having fabulous facilities. Check that box.

the other part is hiring a real GM to manage the actual team bc the owner is delulu and can’t get it done as a GM. We have 30 years of receipts. He cannot get it done. And he will never admit it. Never. Game. Set. match. Thanks for still paying for the shit show, fans. It’s like allowing a drunk to drive a car. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I’m not sure why, as a lifelong Cowboys fan, I take some sort of pleasure in seeing them get blown out at home. I hate it, but it’s affirming in some way. It will result in no real change, but at least the taunting from friends does t really hurt like it did in the Romo days. 

yeah I was very invested during the Romo era.  but now with dak, he’s so unlikeable that I enjoy seeing him fail. 

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

yeah I was very invested during the Romo era.  but now with dak, he’s so unlikeable that I enjoy seeing him fail. 

In those days, the team was pretty average, but I thought Romo could do Aaron Rodgers type shit and pull us through. He didn’t, but he always almost did. 

Dak is a fucking bum. And his team is a representation of him. I’ve probably never disliked a Cowboy player more than Dak. The whole contract thing moved him from disliked to hated for me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I feel like Dak has another pick in him. Why would any fan stick around for this? You can at least try to beat the traffic.

be honest, here; your head coach's offensive system, going all the way back to his time in GB, makes passing unnecessarily difficult for the QB.

Jerry Jones:

“Well, first off, this is disappointing. Real disappointing. You don’t put on that star and lose 47-9 in your own house. It’s not the kind of glory hole we’re after, not even close. Glory hole, to me, means something we can all feel proud of—whether it’s hoisting that trophy or putting the boot on an opponent’s neck, you know what I mean.

Now, I’ll tell you a little story. Reminds me of that time I was at a NASCAR race, down in Talladega. All the cars were going real fast, and one of ‘em—must’ve been Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt—spun out on Turn 3. And you know what? It wasn’t the crash that mattered, it was how he got back on the track. Didn’t win that day, but boy, he kept driving like he had a chance. That’s what this team’s gotta do, keep driving, no matter what.

But let me tell you, there wasn’t any glory hole in Talladega that day either. And there sure wasn’t tonight. We got to dig deeper, plain and simple.”

In those days, the team was pretty average, but I thought Romo could do Aaron Rodgers type shit and pull us through. He didn’t, but he always almost did. 
Dak is a fucking bum. And his team is a representation of him. I’ve probably never disliked a Cowboy player more than Dak. The whole contract thing moved him from disliked to hated for me. 
Romo had some very good teams that he didn't do shit with. I've never seen a more average player get propped up like Romo. He's nothing more than Baker Mayfield.

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Not a Cowboy fan, but SC is on while I eat and I'm hearing McCarthy's presser.  He sounds like he has a firm grasp on why they got blown out, but no ideas on what could be done to prevent it next weekend.  And, worse, he doesn't sound very upset or embarrassed.

To paraphrase a predecessor of his … McCarthy doesn’t buy the groceries there.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

His last 8.5 games were incredible. I get it. Detroit’s O is so so good and they’re all criminally underrated. I’m looking at this from a Cowboys perspective. Let’s say we could swap players. I’d rather swap 4 of those for their Cowboys counterparts, maybe TEs also, and would trade all of our Cowboys receivers not named CeeDee for St. Brown. All before I swapped Parsons for Hutch. 

Oh, then that makes total sense. I'd rather have Parsons, too. And CeeDee. Though a lot of what St. Brown does doesn't show up in the stat book. He is a ferocious blocker.

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Kid is a fucking pimp. 

I'm extremely sorry that he didn't lead us to a 60-0 victory today but he looked like shit all day and did nothing since but mismanage the game perfectly and not take care of the football and receive a fucking ass-beating.

Go Cowboys. We done.

Gotta start early if you're going be drunk all day

• Hook 'Em 2