Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

Jerry, before he’s too senile, should hire both Campbell and Glenn after this season. They’ve showed how to resurrect a program that is in disarray, like the Cowboys. Make Glenn the highest paid DC, so he doesn’t take a HC position.

Even though they’re both aggy, they are Texans and can help get the Cowboys back to being contenders. As of the current status, I just don’t see it. Can’t even win at home and the results have been embarrassing.

Hook’em!!!

Seems to me, as an old fart fan, that Dak rolls all the best and the worst of Craig Morton, Gary Hogeboom, and Danny White into one package; tremendous physical abilities, highly suspect decision-making, and lacking leadership abilities completely.  The Cowboys are turning me into a Sunday soccer fan……..

55 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Jerry, before he’s too senile, should hire both Campbell and Glenn after this season. They’ve showed how to resurrect a program that is in disarray, like the Cowboys. Make Glenn the highest paid DC, so he doesn’t take a HC position.

Even though they’re both aggy, they are Texans and can help get the Cowboys back to being contenders. As of the current status, I just don’t see it. Can’t even win at home and the results have been embarrassing.

Hook’em!!!

Welp, Campbell did play for the Cowboys between '03 and '05.

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

They’d fail here under joneses. Glenn is awful anyway. 

2 hours ago, TOR said:

Exactly.  But Jerrah talked about the defense instead of his quarter billion dollar QB mistake.  

I took "the defense was compromised" to mean he recognized there were lots of starters injured. 

54 minutes ago, futureman said:

to do what?

Make Jerry an offer he can't refuse.  Or assassinate him.  

I like dak the person. He says the right things, he goes about his business the right way, he represents the organization well.  It's a shame he's such a middling quarterback. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Draoi said:

Seems to me, as an old fart fan, that Dak rolls all the best and the worst of Craig Morton, Gary Hogeboom, and Danny White into one package; tremendous physical abilities, highly suspect decision-making, and lacking leadership abilities completely.  The Cowboys are turning me into a Sunday soccer fan……..

Craig Morton just had bad timing; he took the broncos to a SB.  Hogeboom is only remembered as the schmuck that Landry believed could not be beaten out by Joe Montana.  White went to three straight champ games and was beaten as much by landrys coaching as his play.  Dak is a long way from Morton or Danny.  I’d put him as a mix of Steve Pelleur, Tony Banks, and Mike White.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

I think I saw a very similar delusional post on texags during aggy’s most recent coaching search. 

Edited by TonyTexas

12 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I didn’t even watch the game and just checked the score. The worst part is I’m not even bothered by it. 

It's actually pretty cool to be a life-long Cowboy fan right now.  I'm so desensitized to their sucktitude that I get as big a kick out of seeing how they'll embarrass themselves as much as I do from a win.

The Cowboys are done as a winning franchise; they're entering Cleveland Brown-level incompetence.  Might as well giggle at their ineptitude and revel in the knowledge that Jerry will never sniff another Super Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's actually pretty cool to be a life-long Cowboy fan right now.  I'm so desensitized to their sucktitude that I get as big a kick out of seeing how they'll embarrass themselves as much as I do from a win.

The Cowboys are done as a winning franchise; they're entering Cleveland Brown-level incompetence.  Might as well giggle at their ineptitude and revel in the knowledge that Jerry will never sniff another Super Bowl.

My give-a-shitter hasn't worked in years with this team.

I don't see why any coach worth a damn would take the Cowboys job knowing that Jerry is going to hand you a shit roster. Zero talent at RB, TE, or WR behind Lamb. Overrated OL. League average salary cap anchor at QB with no leadership ability. Shit DT. Diggs is washed and the rest of the secondary is mid. They actually seem to have lucked into a few decent young pieces at DE and LB, shockingly, but that's about it as far as future promise for this roster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Lulz. Might as well keep Mike McGirthy. No coaching hire will redirect this river of sewage. No matter who coaches this team, there'll be incoherent roster building and silly cap management. There's probably at least two more generations of foul, unholy discharge that will drip off and out of this diseased franchise. Years from now, when Stephen begins to fade away, Yoda will appear and announce "there is another." What happened yesterday is the least of their worries. There will be decades of this.