Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

12 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Lulz. Might as well keep Mike McGirthy. No coaching hire will redirect this river of sewage. No matter who coaches this team, there'll be incoherent roster building and silly cap management. There's probably at least two more generations of foul, unholy discharge that will drip off and out of this diseased franchise. Years from now, when Stephen begins to fade away, Yoda will appear and announce "there is another." What happened yesterday is the least of their worries. There will be decades of this. 

Sad but true. However, until Jerry finally moves in with Satan, I have hope, however misplaced, that junior will maybe just maybe take a look at how other successful franchises are run and take notes. 

37 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I don't see why any coach worth a damn would take the Cowboys job knowing that Jerry is going to hand you a shit roster. Zero talent at RB, TE, or WR behind Lamb. Overrated OL. League average salary cap anchor at QB with no leadership ability. Shit DT. Diggs is washed and the rest of the secondary is mid. They actually seem to have lucked into a few decent young pieces at DE and LB, shockingly, but that's about it as far as future promise for this roster.

The roster's have been decent to good to really good over the years. It's why they've managed to win the East and make the playoffs far more than they should. The reason good coaches don't want to work for Jerry is because he wants credit for everything and has to be hammered over the head if the coach wants a player drafted that Jerry doesn't like, and they often seem to lose those arguments. It's why we get nothing but fat fucking retreads or guys in their fucking 80s hanging on. Those clowns couldn't win a title with Pat Mahomes because they are fucking losers who can't keep up with the game. Can you imagine how boring Mahomes would look if Jason Garrett had been in charge of his offense? JFC, just the same drop back nonsense that works sometimes and when it doesn't, no adjustments, because they are too stupid and lame to fight back.

Edited by 'stache

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I did yard work all day. It stopped being appointment viewing several years ago. Up to even last year I usually listened to Babe and Brad but didn't even bother yesterday. Full meltdown felt inevitable. Oh well, fuck Jerry.

Yep. I don't make any special effort to watch the Cowboys anymore. It's just like any other NFL game to me. If I'm around the house with nothing to do, I'll turn it on (until it gets out of hand, at least). But it doesn't stop me from doing literally anything else with my time.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

Sad but true. However, until Jerry finally moves in with Satan, I have hope, however misplaced, that junior will maybe just maybe take a look at how other successful franchises are run and take notes. 

junior has nothing to do with it.  you’re stuck with stephen, i.e., you’re fucked. 

39 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I did yard work all day. It stopped being appointment viewing several years ago. Up to even last year I usually listened to Babe and Brad but didn't even bother yesterday. Full meltdown felt inevitable. Oh well, fuck Jerry.

I sorted through thousands of photos my mom left behind when she died, only to discover that my great uncle was a Nazi and that was still infinitely better than watching the Cowboys.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Our only hope is Charlotte is CEO, and fires Stephen and Jerry jr.

Jerry Jr has nothing to do with football operations. Stephen must see they running the team the way his dad does is a failed effort. If he doesn’t hire a GM, which futureman and Vic seem fairly convinced of, I’ll continue to care only to the extent I drive by here and laugh at Drew. 

Jerry just on 105.3 the Fan in Dallas. What a clueless asshole. Just went off on the hosts for questioning his decisions and not talking about the “good stuff” he’s done. He made a veiled threat about firing the radio host for asking tough questions. Nothing is going to change until that shit for brains is dead and buried. He has no clue that he’s completely fucked up the organization and everyone hates his ass. Looks like it’s going to be mediocrity or worse for the next few years until he’s finally gone and he seems to be just fine with that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Jerry just on 105.3 the Fan in Dallas. What a clueless asshole. Just went off on the hosts for questioning his decisions and not talking about the “good stuff” he’s done. He made a veiled threat about firing the radio host for asking tough questions. Nothing is going to change until that shit for brains is dead and buried. He has no clue that he’s completely fucked up the organization and everyone hates his ass. Looks like it’s going to be mediocrity or worse for the next few years until he’s finally gone and he seems to be just fine with that.

At this point he knows he's not going to win anything. He's just doing all this to spite Dallas and the Cowboys fans. 

The idiot fans that show up to that place need to stop fighting each other in the stands and storm his owners suite to tear him and his kids apart. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

At this point he knows he's not going to win anything. He's just doing all this to spite Dallas and the Cowboys fans. 

I think you’re right about this. He is so defensive when anyone questions him…. I bet the more hate mail and tweets he gets the more he digs in and burns the franchise to the ground just to piss off the people who bitch about him.

14 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Jerry absolutely knows he's the problem but he will never admit it.  After he dies, Steven will take over and shit his own bed. The Cowboys will never win another SB while the Jones family owns the team. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

sounds awesome.  I wonder if it’s available online somewhere

I hope those radio hosts liked those 3 Super Bowls. I hope they liked them very much. If loses take years off Jerry's life, let them keep losing. And I'm not worried about Stephen taking over. No one is going to give him any sort of leash once he's the owner. He has nothing to hang his hat on other than being Jerry's kid. At least Jerry can point to all he built. Stephen can't point to anything other than managing the cap. 

• Haha 1

He fired the Ticket as flagship station for the same thing (and then fired Ticket morning host George Dunham as stadium PA announcer just out of spite).  I guess the 105.3/Audacy folks somehow thought this time would be different...

• Hook 'Em 1

LOL that is just perfect audio.  I'll never understand why so many people continue to spend a shit ton of $$ and/or emotional energy on this franchise with that moron in charge.    I would like to think maybe this debacle of a season and middle of the pack years that will follow would move the needle but nothing has changed in 20+ years and people keep lining that idiots pockets.

I love the Stars, Rangers and Mavs but don't give 2 shits about the Cowboys and haven't for a long time and that interview is case and point why.  He has absolutely no idea how to run a team and will just fire anyone that calls him out on his bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No one is going to give him any sort of leash once he's the owner. He has nothing to hang his hat on other than being Jerry's kid.

what are you talking about?  he’ll own the team, he’ll do whatever the fuck he wants just like his daddy.  what do you mean “leash”?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Here’s some of it. 

That’s a pretty extraordinary interview. Jerry usually doesn’t bow up and threaten how big and important he is and threaten to fire people publicly. He’s actually going to be pretty upset with himself for losing his cool and the bad impression he left. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

That’s a pretty extraordinary interview. Jerry usually doesn’t bow up and threaten how big and important he is and threaten to fire people publicly. He’s actually going to be pretty upset with himself for losing his cool and the bad impression he left. 

On the other hand, fuck him. He is the problem and he thinks he's not. One constant through decades of mediocrity. 

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

He’s actually going to be pretty upset with himself for losing his cool and the bad impression he left. 

He’s old enough that there’s likely senile dementia kicking in along with plentybof other neurological degenerative aging. Many 80+ year olds act like this. Difference is most 82 year olds just fight about HOA and golf club policies and Jerry gets to completely decimate a 8 figure sports franchise and embarrass himself in front of the nation. He needs to retire. 

22 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

He fired the Ticket as flagship station for the same thing (and then fired Ticket morning host George Dunham as stadium PA announcer just out of spite).  I guess the 105.3/Audacy folks somehow thought this time would be different...

Hell, he fired the great Brad Sham for awhile for criticizing the Cowboys too much.