Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

41 minutes ago, futureman said:

what are you talking about?  he’ll own the team, he’ll do whatever the fuck he wants just like his daddy.  what do you mean “leash”?

Yeah yeah yeah I heard the same thing about the Lakers and Yankees. Didn't take those nepo dipshits very long to tap out and give GM duties to somebody else. They don't give a fuck about running a sports franchise. They just want all the money and glamour that comes with it.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Yeah yeah yeah I heard the same thing about the Lakers and Yankees. Didn't take those nepo dipshits very long to tap out and give GM duties to somebody else. They don't give a fuck about running a sports franchise. They just want all the money and glamour that comes with it.

Agree with this. Stephen will give up the reigns in some capacity - it takes a special sociopathic/egomaniacal mentality to act the way Jerry does.

Stephen isn't Jerry seeking glory as a football man. The entire reason we still have to deal with Jerry Jones is because people said the success in the 90s was all due to Jimmy. So Jerry's been chasing being a football man to prove everyone wrong for almost 30 years. I think Stephen will not be able to withstand the criticism that Jerry is getting. As soon as Jerry kicks the bucket, Stephen will hire a GM. He'll probably want to keep managing the salary cap but he knows people won't stand for him trying to replicate Jerry. At some point, people will revolt once the head of the organization is gone. 

And we all understand this is misdirection by Jerry. Get angry at radio hosts, threaten their jobs, and then that becomes the story in the next media cycle instead of his shitty GMing or the team's terrible play in general. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Matuka said:

Hell, he fired the great Brad Sham for awhile for criticizing the Cowboys too much.

Dale Hansen was an early victim of Jerry's wrath.  Dale has an ego as big as Jerry's and didn't put up with any of Jerry's (or Switzer's) shit, so Jerry fired his ass for being too critical.  

this is an all-timer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RPM said:

The Davis Family has entered the chat

And yet of the two, which has been most recently to a Super Bowl and won their division? The Dallas media isn't giving Stephen the same deferment they give Jerry. Nor will the fans. The Davis family got by on this because no one in LA or Oakland gave a shit about those teams, hence why they now reside in Las Vegas. 

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

He’s old enough that there’s likely senile dementia kicking in along with plentybof other neurological degenerative aging. Many 80+ year olds act like this. Difference is most 82 year olds just fight about HOA and golf club policies and Jerry gets to completely decimate a 10

59 minutes ago, futureman said:

uhh

Edited because I was told there would be no math.

13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Dale Hansen was an early victim of Jerry's wrath.  Dale has an ego as big as Jerry's and didn't put up with any of Jerry's (or Switzer's) shit, so Jerry fired his ass for being too critical.  

this is an all-timer.

yeah all of that AND...Dale is a Husker and Barry a Sooner, that had to be a part of it.  I watched Dale back in those days....he always came across smug and passive aggressive.  Barry thought the local media should lay down and kiss the ring and Jerry still lives with a part of that sentiment.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Stephen isn't Jerry seeking glory as a football man. The entire reason we still have to deal with Jerry Jones is because people said the success in the 90s was all due to Jimmy. So Jerry's been chasing being a football man to prove everyone wrong for almost 30 years. I think Stephen will not be able to withstand the criticism that Jerry is getting. As soon as Jerry kicks the bucket, Stephen will hire a GM. He'll probably want to keep managing the salary cap but he knows people won't stand for him trying to replicate Jerry. At some point, people will revolt once the head of the organization is gone. 

And we all understand this is misdirection by Jerry. Get angry at radio hosts, threaten their jobs, and then that becomes the story in the next media cycle instead of his shitty GMing or the team's terrible play in general. 

I don't think "Jerry Jones is so shitty at his job he's getting blasted by his own flagship station radio hosts, and he's such a senile old bitch he can't take the heat anymore" is the misdirection he wants. This wasn't planned, he got butthurt his "peasants" aren't toeing the company line anymore and lashed out of emotion. Also, not a good sign Stephen is the cap guy when the Cowboys are one of the worst teams in thr league in managing the cap. 

2 hours ago, Matuka said:

Hell, he fired the great Brad Sham for awhile for criticizing the Cowboys too much.

And now Sham is living up to his name by kissing ass whenever possible. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

That’s a pretty extraordinary interview. Jerry usually doesn’t bow up and threaten how big and important he is and threaten to fire people publicly. He’s actually going to be pretty upset with himself for losing his cool and the bad impression he left. 

Oh please, people like him, true narcisists, have zero clue about the "impression" of others, he thinks he came off as a strong competent leader. He's being sheltered from the backlash and probably doesn't even know people are out there talking about his comments in any sort of a negative light.

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I don't think "Jerry Jones is so shitty at his job he's getting blasted by his own flagship station radio hosts, and he's such a senile old bitch he can't take the heat anymore" is the misdirection he wants. This wasn't planned, he got butthurt his "peasants" aren't toeing the company line anymore and lashed out of emotion. Also, not a good sign Stephen is the cap guy when the Cowboys are one of the worst teams in thr league in managing the cap. 

And now Sham is living up to his name by kissing ass whenever possible. 

Have you listened to a game broadcast in a while? Brad is crotchety as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Newdoc said:

He’s old enough that there’s likely senile dementia kicking in along with plentybof other neurological degenerative aging. Many 80+ year olds act like this. Difference is most 82 year olds just fight about HOA and golf club policies and Jerry gets to completely decimate a 8 figure sports franchise and embarrass himself in front of the nation. He needs to retire. 

If you can convince Jerry that his franchise is worth 8 figures, I’ll put together an ownership group to pay the top dollar of $99,999,999 and give you 5% of the franchise for putting the deal together.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I’m a bit surprised that espn criticized an owner as powerful as Jerry but I notice that espn didn’t ask the nfl pr team to comment. Which is what an independent news org would do. The nfl would be unhappy with that question.

As wrong as it is with Jerry punching down at radio hosts, he is right that flagship stations are not there to criticize the real power of a team. The team most likely has a contractual right to control the radio hiring and firings for shows related to the team.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’m a bit surprised that espn criticized an owner as powerful as Jerry but I notice that espn didn’t ask the nfl pr team to comment. Which is what an independent news org would do. The nfl would be unhappy with that question.

As wrong as it is with Jerry punching down at radio hosts, he is right that flagship stations are not there to criticize the real power of a team. The team most likely has a contractual right to control the radio hiring and firings for shows related to the team.

I'm starting to think that it might be a really regarded idea for an owner of a team to do weekly radio interviews and be the first person interviewed after every single game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, mdmost said:

Doubling down. Good. Hopefully the media will roast his ass more. Doubtful since they're a bunch of pussies. At least the outside of Dallas media is up for the job. 

image.thumb.png.c9d642fe64eb08ac0cc7184fb88dfadb.png

I don’t think I recall him ever facing real media. It’s always in that stupid fucking room or somewhere around the Star where it’s all softball shit with people who know he’ll pull their access to the complex if they ask tough questions. Otherwise it’s settings like discussing the latest Cowboys hall of fame indictee. So yeah in his narcissist brain he faces media all the time, just friendly media over which he has complete control.

Edited by 'stache

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure the contract has some element of input but I'd be shocked if it gives the team full control. Jerry doesn't own the station. The Fan has made a lot of gains in ratings with their on air personalities over the last 10 years, and I wonder if a big change to kissing the team's ass would harm them far more than telling Jerry to pound sand. Then keep slamming him for being inept and holding the franchise hostage. 

Plus, there's a ton of competition for radio now from podcasts like DLLS and Voch Lombardi/Bryan Broadus that don't give a shit what Jerry thinks. A lot of places to go to hear about the team. Would be an interesting decision for the station management, and if they did tell Jerry that he doesn't control their hosts where else would he go? He already burned the ticket bridge. He'd have to just go streaming and be off car radios for good. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

image.thumb.png.c9d642fe64eb08ac0cc7184fb88dfadb.png

I don’t think I recall him ever facing real media. It’s always in that stupid fucking room or somewhere around the Star where it’s all softball shit with people who know he’ll pull their access to the complex if they ask tough questions. Otherwise it’s settings like discussing the latest Cowboys hall of fame indictee. So yeah in his narcissist brain he faces media all the time, just friendly media over which he has complete control.

Damn, shots fired. Saying those guys have no idea what they're talking about, and especially when everyone who pays attention knows they asked exactly what they should have asked and were spot on. Insinuating they should be his hired monkeys and do whatever he says just because he pays the station to broadcast the team's games. I wouldn't want to talk to that piece of shit again if I were them.

He’s already had a chance to have fans grill him and did the same stupid shit- he said “did you like those super bowls, I’m sure you did”. He’s a thin skinned piece of shit and hates it when people don’t bow down to him which is why he’s got a string of mistresses and illegitimate kids around the metroplex. People like him are why the college game is 1000x better than the nfl. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

He’s already had a chance to have fans grill him and did the same stupid shit- he said “did you like those super bowls, I’m sure you did”.

Maybe my daughter could get a chance to grill him and when he said that she could say, “I don’t know… I’m 24 and you haven’t even played in one in my lifetime.”

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 10/7/2024 at 12:03 AM, Updawg said:

Cowboys are the Aggies of nfl now. Face it

It’s worse

I saw a thing where some hillbilly was waiting all weekend to take a fireball shot. He was going to do it first OU touchdown, then he had to take it first cowboys touchdown. Poor feller didn’t get to gulp down that sugary garbage. 

• Haha 1

I mostly have games on in the background. If they win, great. If they lose, also great. If they get blown out, f'ing fantastic. The Dallas media is part of the problem because who do they run to after every game for a comment? It's not Mike McCarthy or Dak. It's Jerry. Name any other franchise in the NFL where that happens and then you can see why we have almost 30 years of mediocrity.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I don’t think I recall him ever facing real media. It’s always in that stupid fucking room or somewhere around the Star where it’s all softball shit

he’s been asked tough questions by “real media” plenty of times.  every now and then he slips up and gives a sound bite but by and large he’s pretty good at deflection and word salad while essentially saying nothing.