Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread -- Jerrah the Asshat Rides Again

Being a Cowboys fan is a combination of being unable to let go of an ex-girlfriend who unceremoniously dumped you and a being a cuck  for the same ex. Why people do this with ownership that despises the fan base is beyond masochistic or extreme Munchausen’s syndrome.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, markstanco said:

He doesn’t care about wins and loses.

oh he does.  he does a great deal.

4 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Being a Cowboys fan is a combination of being unable to let go of an ex-girlfriend who unceremoniously dumped you and a being a cuck  for the same ex. Why people do this with ownership that despises the fan base is beyond masochistic or self-mutilation.

just pin your emotional hopes on the horns.  fuck dak and this circus.

• Hook 'Em 1

When is the discussion going to happen about Parsons? He'd be a massive waste of money for his production. Until proven otherwise, he's a one trick pony that offenses can comfortably scheme him out of the game. He stacks up his numbers against weak teams in usually blowouts. Meaning, he knows the opposing team will be passing and there's no pressure at all to stop the other team because the game is out of hand. Parsons doesn't like playing the run and even if he did, he's not good at it. He hasn't did anything in any of the playoff games, either.

Great talent but like so many Cowboys, all talk, no delivery. Wilts when it matters most. The time to trade him was this past offseason.

This also has to be the last season of Fat Mike. But zero faith the Jones circus will even come close to getting the next hire correct. Expect another re-tread, "safe" hire.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Hey look, Fat Mike's gameplan was a piece of shit and he was unable to adjust. So fucking shocking. Fuck Mike and Fuck Jerry.

Zimmer made zero adjustments.  His defensive fronts were stupid often with no one to cover either edge.  Why did Overshown only get 17 snaps when he played lights out?  Zim is a scheme disciple like fucking Marinelli.  

same team same spineless shitbags same stupid coaches as we saw in Green Bay game  in January.  It’s not just big games Dak collapses in but any kind of stressors like being behind.  His mechanics and footwork go to shit the further behind they get, and his decisions that much more stupid.  He really only looks for CeeDee.  

another four years of this minimum.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Zimmer made zero adjustments.  His defensive fronts were stupid often with no one to cover either edge.  Why did Overshown only get 17 snaps when he played lights out?  Zim is a scheme disciple like fucking Marinelli.  

same team same spineless shitbags same stupid coaches as we saw in Green Bay game  in January.  It’s not just big games Dak collapses in but any kind of stressors like being behind.  His mechanics and footwork go to shit the further behind they get, and his decisions that much more stupid.  He really only looks for CeeDee.  

Zimmer is a fossil from a past era. Nobody who is younger and keeping up with modern trends will work for Jerry. It'll just be more and more retreads and failures. QB performance doesn't matter when the defense gives up TD's on six straight drives. It's also equally shitty offensive game planning when nothing you call works right. I honestly don't care anymore. I just don't see any relevance in analyzing individual player performances when the schemes as a whole and failure to change anything up or respond mid-game when shit gets shut down is all I see and it's because nobody worth a shit will agree to work for Jerry.

Edited by 'stache

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Mike Zimmer is 68 years old 

Apparently the excuse for not playing Overshown much was because he's not part of the base package.  Well, the base package seems like it sucks.  How 'bout adjusting?

Age isn’t the issue.  Stupidity and stubborness is universal.  

I’m about to turn in my card.  I like the Saints and Texans.  I just lose my lunch watching Dak flailing about making rookie mistakes in his 9th year.  And knowing he’ll be doing the same here in 2031.  90 year old Jerry still running the shitshow.  

lombardi couldn’t coach this team because Jerry wouldn’t let him.  From a guy who played for Frank Broyles and won a NC in 64, he sure forgot all the lessons.  Fuck you Jerry.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’m about to turn in my card.  I like the Saints and Texans.  I just lose my lunch watching Dak flailing about making rookie mistakes in his 9th year.  And knowing he’ll be doing the same here in 2031.  90 year old Jerry still running the shitshow.  

lombardi couldn’t coach this team because Jerry wouldn’t let him.  From a guy who played for Frank Broyles and won a NC in 64, he sure forgot all the lessons.  Fuck you Jerry.

Age is absolutely an issue. He’s a fucking fossil. If you’re not eligible to hold an active duty commission in the armed forces I don’t want you in an important position. Go be a greeter at Lowe’s

• Like 1

I’m sure there are some older guys who are keeping up with modern changes to the game but Zimmer is a fucking retread that nobody else wanted just like Fat Mike. These are the only people who Jerry can get to work for him, people with no other options. The fact that he can’t see that is just unfuckingbelievable.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I’m sure there are some older guys who are keeping up with modern changes to the game but Zimmer is a fucking retread that nobody else wanted just like Fat Mike. These are the only people who Jerry can get to work for him, people with no other options. The fact that he can’t see that is just unfuckingbelievable.

Who are you going to get to work for a HC on his last year?  And willing to work on a 1 year deal.  Totally fucked up situation from fucking Jerry.  

20 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

IMG_2128.gif

11 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Saints averaged 9.3 yards per play when they used motion. Other teams will follow suit. Zimmer calls defense like he's stuck in 2004. It's like if I got online and tried to play Madden against these kids today. Going to be a long season

I am not big on the re-tread Zimmer hire that Jerry loves, but there's only so much youn can do with what we have. We let Hankins walk. And replaced him with junk that the Giants didn't want in August. We ignored DT in the draft and free agency. It was a problem last year yet we let the best DT we had walk and downgraded big time. So we got even worse than last year. I know one of our DTs got hurt this offseason, which didn't help. 

Dallas might have the worst interior DL in football and the worst collection of RBs in football. A disaster waiting to happen. We can't stop the run and we can't run the ball ourselves. If you can't run the ball, hard to sustain drives with any consistency. Can't stop the run and you are going to give up long, time consuming drives that end in points. Dallas' best offenses going back to the 90s all have one thing in common, they were able to run the ball. I know the "sexy" position now is WR and that RB is now on the back burner. But you don't need to spend top round picks on RBs anymore to succeed. Plenty of great talent in the middle rounds. Washed up Zeke, Dowdle and Deuce isn't going to cut it. Dalvin Cook is on the PS but who knows what he has left.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/16/2024 at 1:00 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

The Cowboys won in the 90s despite your dumb ass, not because of it.

They won in the pre-salary cap NFL.  Once the cap was instituted, it required a judicious, cerebral approach to free agency and re-signing top talent at the appropriate levels and that is a major blindspot/failure of Jones.

2 of those 3 Super Bowl teams were pre-salary cap.  The DL went 8 deep, just from memory, Russel Maryland, Casillas, Tolbert, Jeffcoat, kid from the air-force, Jimmy Jones, Leon Lett.  Throw in the Hershel trade and that decade was dummy proof.  Past that, not even Parcells could win big here with any kind of consistency.  Horrible leadership for 25+ years.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 7:46 AM, Wally Pryor said:

image.png.7d9700956a51a790077491362d05a3e4.png

Holy shit..... Jerrah looking very Emperor Palpatine.....

Manipulator-Ian-McDiarmid-Emperor-Palpat

On 9/16/2024 at 5:13 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Apparently the excuse for not playing Overshown much was because he's not part of the base package.  Well, the base package seems like it sucks.  How 'bout adjusting?

Yea, that was a shitty excuse.  A lot of Kendricks and Liufau and Clark.  Maybe you should rethink your packages.  Maybe it wouldn't have mattered though..... IDL's were fucking horrible.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You know they DL is shit when they are actually playing Mazi.  He's fucking terrible.

on the ticket someone emailed a mazi theory that I thought was interesting.  maybe he looked good at michigan because he knew if the play was going to be run or pass.  now that he doesn’t know he kinda just sucks. 

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You know they DL is shit when they are actually playing Mazi.  He's fucking terrible.

Well.....

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

on the ticket someone emailed a mazi theory that I thought was interesting.  maybe he looked good at michigan because he knew if the play was going to be run or pass.  now that he doesn’t know he kinda just sucks. 

That's the thing..... He didn't really look good at Michigan other than a 3-4 games.  He was drafted really on potential, body size, and his testing.  He had very little actual production at Michigan.  

He's played 57 snaps and 0 tackles.  0 stats.  Dak has more tackles than Mazi does this season.  It's embarrassing.