InkaUtexas' Thread of Olympic Soccer Doom

Posted (edited)

Argentina currently losing to Morocco, 2-0.

Spain just went ahead of Uzbekistan, 2-1.

You don't mess with the Uzbeks. @InkaUtexas found out the hard way, many decades ago and still bears the limp as a reminder. Maybe Spain will learn.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
added Inka callout

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Please get your Stans right.

But there are so many ... 

The only one I have the time or energy to keep straight are the Kazakhs. That's their right as the world's No.1 exporter of potassium.

(All other countries have inferior potassium.)

• Haha 1

Um,  Canada? I knew it. Cheating bastards.

The Canadian women's soccer team assistant coach and an analyst have been kicked out of the Olympic squad after New Zealand said their team had their training session disrupted by a drone flown by a staff member of their Group A opponents, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) said Wednesday.

Head coach Bev Priestman has also removed herself from coaching the team against New Zealand in Group A on Thursday, the COC added.

"Joseph Lombardi, an unaccredited analyst with Canada Soccer, is being removed from the Canadian Olympic Team and will be sent home immediately," COC said in a statement.

"Jasmine Mander, an assistant coach to whom Mr. Lombardi reports to, is being removed from the Canadian Olympic Team and will be sent home immediately."

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/40629677/canadian-soccer-coach-analyst-olympics-drone-use

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Holy shit. That is outrageous. Wouldn't have thought the lady Canucks needed to go Larry Lacewell on an opponent's practices to get an edge. Isn't their full international side pretty strong?

To the staff being sent home:

take-off-eh.gif

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Is Morocco good? 

They made the semifinals in the last WC. So, yes.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Embrace the Cock, Z. Give it a good squeeze.

Yeah I just went ahead and hopped back on the cock.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, cuz why have the Olympic soccer thread in the soccer subforum. Instead, let's move it to a subforum that doesn't even show up in the normal menu header. Totally makes sense.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Yeah, cuz why have the Olympic soccer thread in the soccer subforum. Instead, let's move it to a subforum that doesn't even show up in the normal menu header. Totally makes sense.

What? It shows up literally at the top of the forum root. Are you blind? 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

What? It shows up literally at the top of the forum root. Are you blind? 

Yes, because everyone spends their time on the forum root.

Meanwhile, as I stated, the normal menu header or however you'd like to describe it ... it's not there.

surly.png

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Yes, because everyone spends their time on the forum root.

Meanwhile, as I stated, the normal menu header or however you'd like to describe it ... it's not there.

surly.png

added. 

• Like 2

OK so I missed something on the stoppage time rule. NZ-Guinea just got 11 minutes added, after a pretty uneventful half of play (2 goals). Can someone explain what they're doing with the stoppage time in this tournament?

Just now, tokamak said:

OK so I missed something on the stoppage time rule. NZ-Guinea just got 11 minutes added, after a pretty uneventful half of play (2 goals). Can someone explain what they're doing with the stoppage time in this tournament?

seems like they are sending a message of lollygagging during the game being penalized with tons of extra time. not a bad thing if the teams respond accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Ok, I gotta ask WTF actually happened here? Because I see this game as being a 2-1 win for Morocco and I heard that the players were called back out from the locker rooms to finish the game.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

VAR said nope to the goal AFTER the game.

They are playing 2 hours later for a minute. Everyone called back to the stadium!

What was this call? Just watching the replay twice I don't see any option for offsides.