InkaUtexas' Thread of Olympic Soccer Doom

25 minutes ago, randomhorn said:

Morocco absolutely destroyed Egypt 6-0. Yikes.

In all I thought Morocco played the best games on average. That's to say, as a team I really thought they were the best. 

The best doesn't always win a tournament though because you have to best on "that" day vs "that" team and they weren't.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 3:55 PM, sidis said:

i have this game on in the other room while i am trying to get shit done as i am oft to do and will usually go off of the sound of the commentators to determine if i should get up and go see what is happening.

this methodology is failing me today. i would have thought the score of this game was 19-16 based on the pbp's random explosions of screaming. i keep walking in there to see replays of france heading balls 20 feet over the goal.

This method works like a charm with Spanish broadcasts.

My flatmate and I would leave the TV on soccer on Saturdays & Sundays in Buenos Aires, but at a low volume, then go about our days: Time spent on the computer, doing laundry, making shit in the kitchen.

Then you hear a constant note 🎵 lasting for 10+ seconds.

Like a horn in the Alps.

This is a call to the TV to watch 8 different replays of the goal that was just scored, before leaving the room to pick up where you left off  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

In all I thought Morocco played the best games on average. That's to say, as a team I really thought they were the best. 

The best doesn't always win a tournament though because you have to best on "that" day vs "that" team and they weren't.

Agreed. Very strong side. Impressed with their play throughout the tournament.

So, I am watching but find it very difficult.  Spain flopped three times in the first 1:15 of the game.  I have started to call stoppage time at the end of halves “flopping time.”  In this game it’s +7.  It’s so frustrating to watch.

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I started watching at the end of the 1st half and it was already 3-1 Spain, but France has been controlling shit since I've been watching. That spanish keeper is having a game.

I do NOT want France to win simply because I do not want US Soccer to use coaching France to a gold medal as an excuse to hire Thierry Henry. 

Do not want him as the permanent USMNT manager.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I do NOT want France to win simply because I do not want US Soccer to use coaching France to a gold medal as an excuse to hire Thierry Henry. 

Do not want him as the permanent USMNT manager.

Dont worry. It will probably be Berhalter's wife.