InkaUtexas' Thread of Olympic Soccer Doom

9 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

This might be the last image we ever see of Marta, a straight red against Spain. Not much to be debated on this call.

I will say this, for US fans, she is easily the villain of the story of soccer. But she might just be misunderstood. I recommend watching this video (spoilered for space). It likely won't change your view on her, but it might:

Hide contents

A 16-minute video about how Brazil failed Marta? I'll immediately add it to my favorites. :(

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Wow. The 2nd US goal knocked Australia out of the tournament. They would have had goals scored if they could have held on to GD margin in the 3rd place race, but the second goal today cost them. 

Lol... bro. They would have advanced on points were it not for the 2nd goal.

11 hours ago, TxEx84 said:

I'll be there.  Look for the guy in the red, white, AND blue.

jesus, that was a mistake.

france-argentina a little more interesting after all of @Napoleon 's primos decided to sing a bunch of racist shit after winning some meaningless western hemisphere crap tournament that had nothing to do with them.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

You talknig about how they handled that  card/var/disallowed goal? Yeah, that was crap.

i had it on mute and i missed it...what did they call to take the goal off?

Posted (edited)

They said the Argentine player got the ball and then in the step through it was a foul by the French player. Not just a foul, a yellow card for him because he wasn’t playing the ball but stepping on the player. 

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/24/2024 at 9:34 AM, Braff Zacklin said:

But there are so many ... 

The only one I have the time or energy to keep straight are the Kazakhs. That's their right as the world's No.1 exporter of potassium.

(All other countries have inferior potassium.)

Years ago my company's HR department asked if I would be open to taking on an international assignment.  I said yes, so they asked if there were any countries I would not consider.  I said "Any place that ends in 'stan'.  Other than that, I'm good."  I would have made an exception for Kazakhstan if it had been an option.