2024 Olympics Sport Climbing

Posted (edited)

I hate how lead and bouldering are combined and really just want to watch the bouldering comp. Both the Bouldering/Lead and Speed climbing start on the 5th and will finish by the 8th. 

Hopefully Natalie and Brooke kick some ass. I'll watch the speed climbing but generally don't care about it. I believe Alex Hannold is going to do some commenting as he practiced some at Salt Lake City earlier in the year and was pretty fun to listen to as usual.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, TexPx said:

Guess I have to watch now. Met IFSC world record holder Sam Watson’s grandma tonight.

My boys are competitive climbers and know Sam well. They don't  do speed but have all been  competing in bouldering and sport since they were 7. Sam was a pretty run of the mill youth climber but found his mojo with speed.

• Like 1

My boys are competitive climbers and know Sam well. They don't  do speed but have all been  competing in bouldering and sport since they were 7. Sam was a pretty run of the mill youth climber but found his mojo with speed.

Grandma is a sweetie. Gave me a Sam Watson Climbing bracelet.

On 7/28/2024 at 5:47 PM, Keef said:

Unfortunately on the women's side everyone is going to be competing for silver as long as Janja is healthy. 

Probably, but everybody thought Ondra was a shoe in for the gold in Tokyo and he didn't even medal.

9 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Probably, but everybody thought Ondra was a shoe in for the gold in Tokyo and he didn't even medal.

Janja is a different beast than Ondra.  Janja might be the single most impressive/dominant athlete in sports at the moment.  

On 7/27/2024 at 4:46 PM, Jiggy-Z said:

On 7/27/2024 at 8:58 PM, TexPx said:

Grandma is a sweetie. Gave me a Sam Watson Climbing bracelet.

Saw this today on Sam...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2