USMNT Olympic Soccer (U23)

5 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Presuming France doesn't lose by 2 to NZ, we draw Morocco.  They aren't anything to sneeze at given last world cup, but prefer them to Argentina, I think.  

NEvermind..  France won.  Morocco it is.

10 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Presuming France doesn't lose by 2 to NZ, we draw Morocco.  They aren't anything to sneeze at given last world cup, but prefer them to Argentina, I think.  

We know that I’m an Argentine god, but full disclosure:

1) I don’t think that this Argie team is very good, and…

2) Javier Mascherano kind of sucks as a manager.

Loved him in 2014, when he was Argentina’s best player, even though Messi won the golden ball for the entire tournament, he wasn’t even the best player on his own team, but…

Mascherano has a series of meh results.

3) I expect the Frenchies to win 2-0 over my people.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/31/2024 at 12:41 AM, Napoleon said:

1) I don’t think that this Argie team is very good

I was talking about this yesterday with someone. I think Morocco is getting a perception bump because they beat a "football giant" - but I'm not convinced this Argentina team is very good. 

At the same time, I think Morocco is legit. They proved they're a legit footballing nation in Qatar. I'm just not sure how much credit they deserve and fear they should instill for beating an Argentine U23 side. 

I mean, fucking Mexico won this tournament 12 years ago. Their national team hasn't done dick since then.