USMNT Olympic Soccer (U23)

Not impressed.  Worked by both teams with a pulse.  Mihalovuch over Luna or anyone else is a joke.  Yes, he had a sweet goal, but he should not be invisible for such long periods of time considering his position (and age).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Not impressed.  Worked by both teams with a pulse.  Mihalovuch over Luna or anyone else is a joke.  Yes, he had a sweet goal, but he should not be invisible for such long periods of time considering his position (and age).

You know who really hasn't impressed me? The fucking ref. Was Morocco the better team? Clearly. Were they 4-0 better? Only because it was 12 v 11.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

You know who really hasn't impressed me? The fucking ref. Was Morocco the better team? Clearly. Were they 4-0 better? Only because it was 12 v 11.

Yeah, Morocco didn't need the help. The US still suffers a lopsided defeat with an objective referee, so why he felt the need to award them two goals is beyond comprehension. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Not a good showing by the U23 squad. I assume most of these guys will be on our World Cup team in 2026

no, they won't. remember our Copa America team had 9 players 23 and under on it and that didn't include Dest who is also 23.

Maybe Tessman and Paredes are in the mix. There might be others but there are people who know more than I do who can chime in.

Edited by The Dog

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Not a good showing by the U23 squad. I assume most of these guys will be on our World Cup team in 2026

Doubtful. There aren't going to be a lot of spots opened up in roster turnover.

That said, if these guys bust their ass, I can see a few of them working to get on the Senior squad. I mean the defense has some holes for the Top team. The MF and attack are kind of loaded.

Copa Squad - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Copa_América_squads#United_States

Olympic Squad - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2024_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_team_squads#United_States - I'll say this, the guys that are serious about making the Top squad - they need to change those Club flags to something in Europe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I thought the US brought their U23 squad and everyone else brought their normal best squad. Looks like everyone brought U23 though. How the fuck did the US lose that bad

Never stop being you Helo.

We said it before - this is a U23 tournament because there is no U23 World Cup. Teams are allowed 3 exceptions to the U23 rule.

We got beat because Morocco is good. The ref IMHO helped that game look much worse than it should have been, neither of these 2 PKs should have been given, certainly not the last one with the game completely out of reach, unless you needed the over to be cleared.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Never stop being you Helo.

We said it before - this is a U23 tournament because there is no U23 World Cup. Teams are allowed 3 exceptions to the U23 rule.

We got beat because Morocco is good. The ref IMHO helped that game look much worse than it should have been, neither of these 2 PKs should have been given, certainly not the last one with the game completely out of reach, unless you needed the over to be cleared.

So you are saying a corrupt Argentine?

happy episode 4 GIF

9 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

To be fair - you need the teams to allow the players to play, which can be a lot. That said we needed to bring better players. We only brought 1 guy I was Ok with (Robinson).

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

He is so fucking stupid.   How people can listen to this buffoon is beyond me.  

I posted this on the USMNT thread - And this clip sounds even dumber now after today's result.

Not to go CR on this, but there was no shock he was spotted in Milwaukee the week of July 15 - he see things so much as THIS or THAT instead of at the complex issues they are. Coaching, roster, scheme, etc. Not to mention the rot of the federation. If I could have had the Copa team with Olympic coaches, we might have seen something better against the South Americans. 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

additional context - it's not that Morocco brought them in but that they were fortunate the call-ups weren't denied:

Let's also not forget, because again we were playing the Copa ...

and I think Doyle is a fucking idiot.

• Like 1

One of the things I like about high-level soccer is the multitude of tournaments.  That said, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Olympics.  It's a little more than just a tournament, at least for a lot of us.

31 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Let's also not forget, because again we were playing the Copa ...

and I think Doyle is a fucking idiot.

And add to that fact that our over age guys, instead of being 3 MLSers, could have been Pulisic, ARob, and say Ream (since you need a CB)

• Hook 'Em 1