Safe neighborhood around SMU for niece

Sorry, no pics.

She's moving to SMU area (not from Texas) and is wanting to rent an apartment.  Wanting something (her mom's words) in a good, safe neighborhood.

I'm thinking most anything around SMU is going to fit this description, but wanted to reach out to the hive mind to see what the consensus was.

Thanks all!

21 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sorry, no pics.

She's moving to SMU area (not from Texas) and is wanting to rent an apartment.  Wanting something (her mom's words) in a good, safe neighborhood.

I'm thinking most anything around SMU is going to fit this description, but wanted to reach out to the hive mind to see what the consensus was.

Thanks all!

Her budget will be the determining factor here.

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah budget will be the issue. Everything in the immediate vicinity is nice. Across 75 is good from mockingbird to northwest highway. Anything north of NW Hwy can be sketchy. The Village is good, Lovers to Northwest Highway bordered by Greenville and Skillman. You can also go just a little bit south to Knox Henderson. Just stay closer to 75. West Village is nice. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Stay out of uptown, at least anything south of west village and mdmost’s take on north of NW Hwy. besides that for safety is really hard to stumble upon a bad area in that part of dallas

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yeah budget will be the issue. Everything in the immediate vicinity is nice. Across 75 is good from mockingbird to northwest highway. Anything north of NW Hwy can be sketchy. The Village is good, Lovers to Northwest Highway bordered by Greenville and Skillman. You can also go just a little bit south to Knox Henderson. Just stay closer to 75. West Village is nice. 

Exactly this. How many Onlyfans subscribers does she have?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I stayed at Strata on Bennett Ave for a few years after I graduated. Lots of SMU chicks and almost 30 year old chicks in tech looking for their future baby daddy. Just like any big city don't leave shit in your car that you wouldn't mind giving to someone else. Never had a break-in because my truck cab was filled with eatzis waffle containers and LDU coffee cups.

On 7/25/2024 at 2:08 PM, txduck87 said:

Highland park if her sugar daddy is big-time.

Ackshually would be University Park, hence the name.  There are very few apartments/condos in HP, but quite a few plus duplexes in the SMU area.  I'm sure the rents are astronomical.

If on a budget, there are some older, but very well-maintained apartments in The Village that used to have sub-metered utilities that were a bargain by comparison.  I'm sure the rent is still pretty high, but that's going to be true of any place reasonably conveniently located.