USWNT Olympic Soccer 2024

Just now, Helobious said:

Does the women’s team actually care about soccer now or are they still more focused on politics? Haven’t been following. 

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Does the women’s team actually care about soccer now or are they still more focused on politics? Haven’t been following. 

I know you're trolling, and I chuckled, but the USWNT cares about money, and they leveraged their success and the current political landscape (some might argue spuriously) to try and maximize their money.

We kinda took our foot off the gas after the red card. Just not nearly as assertive pushing the ball forward through the midfield.

This is group stage play, we need to run it up if we can.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I know you're trolling, and I chuckled, but the USWNT cares about money, and they leveraged their success and the current political landscape (some might argue spuriously) to try and maximize their money.

but they missed the most important part....  getting dirty, staying humble, and self-deprecating

instead our stupid fucking federation funded a soccer-god-weauxfing mockumentary of the team's selection portraying the phone calls like the crowning of royalty

past-prime players were allowed to control the squad decisions, which, naturally, featured themselves

they went to new zealand having already decided they were champions and they got fucking schooled trying to play title9 kick-n-rush cannonblast football

i have to think this 180 in form is a function of zambia sucking

i didn't think i would be interested in the women's campaign in france, but they now have my interest

36 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I don’t know about that. Literally the entire country was rooting for them to lose in the last World Cup. I don’t really see the same interest right now, so I guess that hatred turned into apathy. It was not a smart direction for the team to go in at all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Pretty poor result against an overmatched 10-woman Zambia, TBH. Announcers were whistling past the graveyard but the truth is that we could have and should have dropped about 8 goals on that opponent.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will say I didn’t watch a lot of the game, but the parts I did watch, Zambia was very dedicated on their defensive efforts.  I saw 2 or 3 clearances on the line by back line defenders and a defense that was setup to give the US fits. I know we expected more than 3-0, but I thought they worked their tails off to make sure 3-0 was all we got.

And now to be beating Australia, impressive. 

US ladies are cognitively impaired in front of goal. Truly astounding to misfire as often as they do. 

I support them and want them to win, but when they flub chance after chance ... part of me wants to turn dark and just make fun of them for being so mentally weak and always choking in front of goal.

(which is why I fit right in here)