USWNT Olympic Soccer 2024

We just have zero ability to progress the ball through the midfield and connect with our strikers. Horan has had an awful tournament and I haven’t been impressed by Lavelle either. In a couple games Rodman was coming back to carry it forward herself but we’re not even doing that today. 

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

We just have zero ability to progress the ball through the midfield and connect with our strikers. Horan has had an awful tournament and I haven’t been impressed by Lavelle either. In a couple games Rodman was coming back to carry it forward herself but we’re not even doing that today. 

We don't have any killers up front, either. 

The ladies are basically the opposite of the men's team. Great back 4 with a bunch of middling quality in front of it.

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What the fuck is Foudy talking about? The expectation is that we medal - at least. We have the most talent and arguably the best manager in the women's game. 

The WC a year ago?

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

This uniform combination is fucking AIDS. It's like two USL teams are playing.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Red shorts? The fuck is this? We look like Poland out there. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

At least Germany is in their traditional pink.

say what love and hip hop GIF

It really is awful. This far into the match, I still keep catching myself almost root for Germany. Neither uniforms make sense unless the camera is zoomed in on our ladies, but from a distance (as the majority of the match is viewed) it'd be better if they just switched uniforms entirely. 

Rodman WOTM so far imo.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

That should have been a foul on the edge of the box. WTF ref?!?!?

She let us play advantage. Which is a ridiculous fucking decision to make. 

Very poorly officiated match.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We don't have any killers up front, either. 

The ladies are basically the opposite of the men's team. Great back 4 with a bunch of middling quality in front of it.

Rodman works hard and is our most athletic player but at this point the bad decisions just seem like part of the package rather than a few one offs. 

I personally think Swanson has some quality but she needs to do more to get involved in the run of play. Maybe a lack of confidence or something?

I honestly forget that Smith is out there a lot. Useless. 

I struggle with not very good football. Am I spoiled by Premier and Serie A... yes. 

Do I get frustrated with poor offense.. 

Yes

Someone please act like you have an attack plan. Fake it until you make it or something.