USWNT Olympic Soccer 2024

That’s twice now that one of our forwards have held up when she has her defender beat with speed. You don’t have to shoot every time. Burn the fullback, go to the line, and put it across the goal. Sheesh.

Edited by BrickHorn

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

She had a point, because she got the ball first.

No because

1 minute ago, SurlyGator said:

she hip checked her before she got ball.

Yup.  Plus the arm-bar.  She attempted a move that could not have been completed cleanly.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BrickHorn said:

It is a travesty that Lavelle won’t log a minute in this game. Meanwhile, Horan continues to compound dumb passes with poor technique.

Maybe we pull her now. 

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Should have been a yellow card

I don’t think so. That was just a hard play. Head on a swivel. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Emma Hayes just won the gold and went undefeated with the same team that scored like 2 goals aside from drubbing Vietnam in the World Cup.  Almost the exact same starters minus Alex Morgan.   Coaching matters. 

Edited by Ted Lange
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

My daughter (no pics) was in the office of one of her school counselors yesterday when the gold medal match was on.  The counselor commented on the age of one of the US players (37, I think).  My daughter responded with "Wow, that's great!"  The counselor snapped back with "No it's not, she needs to retire!"

That counselor happens to be the mother of a certain former Longhorn player mentioned in the previous post.  Maaayyyybe not the most objective, but as a parent, I get it!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WBT said:

Gold!

Credit to Hayes, I didn't see that turnaround in one year coming.  It helped that we seem to prioritize picking our best players for the team this time.

1 year? Hayes has only been on for 10 games!!!! Like 2 months!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2024 at 2:28 PM, conVINCEd said:

Does Missimo have a shot for the next cycle?  I was a little surprised Eggleston wasn’t on the volleyball team.

She has a chance but she should have gone pro if she wants to break into the senior team.   Staying at Texas another year was a mistake. She will need to dominate immediately her rookie season.

• Hook 'Em 1