USWNT Olympic Soccer 2024

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Had to get rid of the dead weight, which was a shitty coach and old players who sucked who just stayed on to attention whore for the spotlight (cough Rapinoe cough cough. 

And a healthy Mallory Swanson.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Megan_Rapinoe_(48675274817)_(cropped).jpg

Jimmy Conrad looks absolutely ridiculous with pink hair.

IMG_8358.jpeg.1a95cd51e50e6a9fb17a481e435d737a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Oh snap. They got lips hanging out? 

53 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Tulips

Spoiler

IMG_8354.thumb.jpeg.c63a95565f126a87d4efc48b5ee631c0.jpeg
IMG_8355.thumb.jpeg.4744483d9279adef3e32434b73729bc8.jpeg

• Drool 1

Watching the game because I missed it live. Just saw our first goal. Very pretty. Clinical. 

I need someone to explain Lindsey Horan to me. I don’t think she’s world class at all. Also slow as molasses.

Midfield in general is a weakness of this group. Our attacking trio of Smith, Swanson, and Rodman is lethal. Defense is fine with Girma cleaning up messes and I like what I’ve seen from Fox. Midfield is a fucking nothingburger though. 

So in soccer group play, you get 3 points for a win and one point for a draw. There are four teams to a group, and each team in those groups plays three matches, which means one side from each group could achieve a theoretical maximum of 9 total points after group play (3 games x 3 points).
However, Canada was docked six points, which means they can, at best, finish with 3 points instead of 9. In most tournaments, that'd be a guaranteed miss.
But since there are only 12 teams in the Olympic event and eight of them get to advance to the knockouts, there will be two third-place teams moving on. That gives Canada a decent chance to advance if it wins all three of its games and finishes on 3 points since they'll almost certainly have the best goal differential of any third-place side.

I mean, 12 teams is just so damn stupid. Put in 4 more just like the Men’s. I know women’s pool is is thin but still, 12 teams and 8 go on. Fuck all of that!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, The Dog said:

Zambia clobbering Australia 3-1 in the first half.

Maybe they're better than their FIFA ranking?

18 hours ago, WBT said:

Holy shit, I'm seeing Australia now up 6-5?

18 hours ago, The Dog said:

Yup. One of the goals was a free kick that went through the Zambian keeper’s hands.

Watching the highlights of this game, the goals and the calls - I gotta say this is one of those games that gets you talking about "the fix." 

The OG that started the comeback, the free kick through the hands, the phantom penalty. Lots of Hmmmmm calls.

9 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I mean, 12 teams is just so damn stupid. Put in 4 more just like the Men’s. I know women’s pool is is thin but still, 12 teams and 8 go on. Fuck all of that!

Yeah, this tournament field is just dumb, both in the tiny size of the field and the distribution of teams. There are legit maybe 5 teams that can win this of the 12. Expand it to 16, throw in a few more Euro teams and you probably have a far better tournament.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, tokamak said:

Watching the game because I missed it live. Just saw our first goal. Very pretty. Clinical. 

I need someone to explain Lindsey Horan to me. I don’t think she’s world class at all. Also slow as molasses.

Midfield in general is a weakness of this group. Our attacking trio of Smith, Swanson, and Rodman is lethal. Defense is fine with Girma cleaning up messes and I like what I’ve seen from Fox. Midfield is a fucking nothingburger though. 

She hasn't been good so far in the tournament, her awareness and touch was much better in the past.  Her pass into the box for the second goal against Zambia was a fucking dime though.

Edited by Chips O'Toole

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We look fuckin sloppy.

That's harsh. I'm sure at least a few of our players would look better in street clothes after a shower.

On the serious side, Naeher's reaction time is about a half second. It is comically bad.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

That's harsh. I'm sure at least a few of our players would look better in street clothes after a shower.

Yeah Mallory needs to get in the shower. A hot shower with lots of soap. And then apply fragrant oils and balms all over her body.

tim and eric comedy GIF

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

they will rule this off

Coffey was super off but she never touched the ball I don't think. Rodman was definitely on. I'm not real clear on that the rule is there.

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Coffey was super off but she never touched the ball I don't think. Rodman was definitely on. I'm not real clear on that the rule is there.

It's not a very clear rule. Generally pretty subjective as to whether the player that was off impacted the play.

Australia's defensive strategy is to foul, foul some more, and dare this shitheel from calling a foul. Terribly frustrating match to watch when the ref is not interested in upholding fair play.

And now we get a card for an action that, if enforced equally, would see about half the Matildas sitting on cautions.

Dude is a total chode.

On 7/29/2024 at 10:30 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I love the energy our women have being younger than they were at World Cup. Definitely a good choice

Australia is an island of Wilda Shit Beasts.

PREGUNTA:

Why is Trinity Rodman number 5?