Paris Olympics - Non-Sports Thread

Posted (edited)

Does flav have that kind of disposable coin?  Last i heard of him he was on MTV celebrity version of big brother, trying to bang Sly Stallone’s ex, Bridgette Nielson. 

Edited by jdhorn92

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Should have went with the torch bearer that was an homage to the Assassin’s Creed character.  Probably more marketable. It was a nice nod to Ubisoft being a French company and their role in reconstructing Notre Dame - Ubisoft had taken extensive 3D scans and high-res photos of every square inch of Notre Dame some time before the fire for an AC game and they shared everything with the reconstruction folks.

BB1qHsRH.img?w=534&h=300&m=6

Don't go telling the Christian Coalition that was was based on an Assassin's Creed character. It's gonna make their buttholes clinch even tighter.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Don't go telling the Christian Coalition that was was based on an Assassin's Creed character. It's gonna make their buttholes clinch even tighter.

They were already triggered by the Moulin Rouge/decadence at Versailles bit of the opening show.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They were already triggered by the Moulin Rouge/decadence at Versailles bit of the opening show.

I know, this is only going to make it worse. There was a bearded lady and allegedly a nut bag shot. Ubisoft is clearly a devil worshiping cult here to lead kids away from the church by aligning themselves to Notre Dame and getting them to play killer assassin games.

How can you not see this?!?!?

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I know, this is only going to make it worse. There was a bearded lady and allegedly a nut bag shot. Ubisoft is clearly a devil worshiping cult here to lead kids away from the church by aligning themselves to Notre Dame and getting them to play killer assassin games.

He watched the Simpsons as a kid.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Greek???? Ain't that a salad dressing at the Golden Corral?

The Greek was a racist handicapper who used to be on the CBS Sunday NFL pre-game show with Brent Musburger, Irv Cross, and Phyllis George.

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Nutty the Ballsack or Scrotie Smurf would have been a great Olympic mascot 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Haha 1

Another attack, this time on the telcoms.  They think leftists did the rail attacks.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/telecoms-installations-vandalised-france-le-parisien-bfm-tv-2024-07-29/

Vandals sabotaged France's telecoms networks overnight, piling pressure on French security services trying to secure the Olympics after authorities said they suspected left-wing groups of attacking rail lines ahead of the opening ceremony in Paris.

The cuts to long distance telecoms cables at five sites early on Monday "look like sabotage", Romain Bonenfant, general director of the French Telecoms Federation, told Reuters.

"It was an operation that was prepared. If it wasn't people who work for (us), it was people who had information."

Police have yet to arrest anyone for Friday's attacks on high-speed rail lines with explosive devices, but Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said on Monday authorities suspected members of far-left militant groups due to the nature of the sabotage. "We have identified the profiles of several people," Darmanin told France 2 TV.

Paris police chief Laurent Nunez declined to say whether there was any link between the telecoms and rail attacks. "There is a modus operandi in that first attack that makes you think of the far-left," he told reporters.

However, like the rail attacks investigation, the Paris prosecutors office said the telecoms probe would be overseen by its organised crime office, with the anti-terrorist sub-directorate (SDAT), a branch of the judicial police that typically monitors far-left, far-right and radical environmental groups, coordinating investigations.

French telecoms regulator Arcep said the sabotage of telecom networks affected 11,000 people, mainly customers of the SFR and Free services. A spokesperson for SFR said the impact was minimal because the network was designed to reroute traffic. Free said some of its services had been affected by "a multi-operator network incident" in six different departments across France.

"Since 2.15 a.m. our national network is experiencing significant slowdown," Free said on X. "All our services are provided, sometimes with a degradation in quality of service."

• Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, utee94 said:

You trying to tell me in Paris, France they can't even come up with some bread and cheese at least?

What kinda buffoon is organizing inventory for this shindig?

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, YChang said:

She's a Texan and she's arguably the best ever in her sport. Why the hell wouldn't we want to celebrate that?

Happy Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

j/k you know its like rooting against the Yankees or Tiger Woods or anyone else who dominates a sport.

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Why do reactionaries hate Biles aside from the obvious reason?

She has the likeability of Lance Armstrong. She fell, lost her confidence and quit on her team so, she is like the anti-Michael Jordan. She has zero humility. And she is from Columbus - OhiO.

Posted (edited)

And yet helped her team win the all-around and then won the gold for the individual all-around. So holding onto something that happened 3 years ago seems fairly petty. Zero humility? Michael Jordan had that? Have you seen The Last Dance? She moved to Texas when she was 3. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

I doubt any of her teammates in Tokyo wanted her throwing herself 10-12' in the air doing multiple somersaults/twists while also being disoriented while she's in mid-air. Doubt that they felt betrayed.

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Bevo said:

She has the likeability of Lance Armstrong. She fell, lost her confidence and quit on her team so, she is like the anti-Michael Jordan. She has zero humility. And she is from Columbus - OhiO.

Be better

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-deputy-ag-apologizes-to-simone-biles-after-calling-her-childish-selfish/

https://fedsoc.org/contributors/aaron-reitz

Edited by texasdago
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, mdmost said:

And yet helped her team win the all-around

The 2024 floor team of the second team besides her, since Jones, Blakley and DiCello all got hurt. 

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Please be some twisted sarcasm.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

She’s the GOAT, even though Kerri Strug will always be #1 to me. No doubt about it  

2 of my daughters compete in her event every year. Her husband works the ticket booths, takes pics with hundreds (thousands?) of kids with a genuine smile.  If you pay $400, you can meet her for about 3 very uncomfortable minutes. She will not be seen outside of the paid meet/greets (no kickoff to weekend, award ceremonies, one yeah she gave a short speech but stayed behind a curtain, etc).  They only ordered 20% of the medals this year, but did ship them out about 6 weeks later (its a MASSIVE event, things happen) Her mother/grandmother came to each of the awards and apologized which she shouldn’t of had to do, but whatever   

BUT, that doesn’t seem any different than many of the other GOATs.  Is what it is.  She is an absolute force of inspiration for young, AA gymnasts.  And her husband seems cool af.  Its lonely at the top, and people in that sphere can be off a bit, I would think.  Tiger, Jordan, Lance.    They can’t all be like VY and Earl. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

She’s the GOAT, even though Kerri Strug will always be #1 to me. No doubt about it  

2 of my daughters compete in her event every year. Her husband works the ticket booths, takes pics with hundreds (thousands?) of kids with a genuine smile.  If you pay $400, you can meet her for about 3 very uncomfortable minutes. She will not be seen outside of the paid meet/greets (no kickoff to weekend, award ceremonies, one yeah she gave a short speech but stayed behind a curtain, etc).  They only ordered 20% of the medals this year, but did ship them out about 6 weeks later (its a MASSIVE event, things happen) Her mother/grandmother came to each of the awards and apologized which she shouldn’t of had to do, but whatever   

BUT, that doesn’t seem any different than many of the other GOATs.  Is what it is.  She is an absolute force of inspiration for young, AA gymnasts.  And her husband seems cool af.  Its lonely at the top, and people in that sphere can be off a bit, I would think.  Tiger, Jordan, Lance.    They can’t all be like VY and Earl. 

Kerri is a little burly but I guess some people are into that...

image.thumb.png.eb4d590b830528d15806888ad78cc2b6.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Kerri is a little burly but I guess some people are into that...

image.thumb.png.eb4d590b830528d15806888ad78cc2b6.png

It’s more of the putting the country on your back (or broken ankle) and getting shit done.  Neither of them remotely attractive imo, but ymmv of course 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It’s more of the putting the country on your back (or broken ankle) and getting shit done.  Neither of them remotely attractive imo, but ymmv of course 

sure sure.  I'll take Simone.  Guess which one is which (does not include 2024)?

BTW, did you not realize I posted Chris Kattan?

image.png.001d3726a3ad5f91773970b2f47c910c.png 

image.png.43fc3eb72ebec5436dbb8b14b6087fc8.png

image.thumb.png.db58aa2950358fb74a8c1b8af531dbdf.png

image.png.43c72c45aa9c31e87c45f1d377eb0dbe.png

Which is which?

Edited by texasdago

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

sure sure.  I'll take Simone.  Guess which one is which (does not include 2024)?

BTW, did you not realize I posted Chris Kattan?

image.png.001d3726a3ad5f91773970b2f47c910c.png 

image.png.43fc3eb72ebec5436dbb8b14b6087fc8.png

image.thumb.png.db58aa2950358fb74a8c1b8af531dbdf.png

image.png.43c72c45aa9c31e87c45f1d377eb0dbe.png

Which is which?

Pretty sure I was clear which one was clearly more talented?  You left off her gold in quit, though. 

• Fuck You 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Pretty sure I was clear which one was clearly more talented?  You left off her gold in quit, though. 

I copied and pasted 

OMG I reread this.  Very consistent for you. 

Edited by texasdago

8 hours ago, Bevo said:

Not completely wrong. I’ve spent some time at her gym with my daughter and she’s not the friendliest individual. You can’t be on all the time, so she deserves grace, but I mean maybe sometimes? There’s a lot of stories that I won’t share, but they’re not flattering. 

• Like 1

BTW, I totally see how she can be both. GOAT in her sport and surly towards her fans young and old.

But yet again it’s always fascinating to see from our posters how some of our values are reflected. She’s a quitter versus she’s got grit. She’s a failure versus progress and achievement isn’t always a linear journey.