[Special Moderation] Why I'm excited to vote Republican this cycle.

immamac

38 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You put this in the other thread like a day ago. This is not an argument, it’s a picture of 6 people. Three are referred to by their last name, and three by their first- which goes against every style guide for consistency. 

Thread titles matter

4 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I did have a guy tell me that he was voting for Trump because he makes a shit load of money and the very last thing he wants is to pay taxes and he knows Trump will “take care of him”. 

Had another tell me that he thinks it is just terrible that our public schools are conducting sex reassignment surgeries without parents consent.  I asked him why Abbott is allowing it to happen as Governor and he told me I was going to hell. 

Sound like a made up aggy fiction story 

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Stros121 said:

D2C8274B-0242-45AB-8E95-20B27240F7D7.png

Oh, this is a post pictures about people that you want to see launched into the sun. You made some good choices but I'll add these other fuck sticks.

sherrill-jackie_9716.10.jpg&width=120&he

A6MAl39CEAI-6sN.jpg

43220434-a20f-4370-9f5a-0f6640c8d832-Jon

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So you’re excited to vote for 2 of the 6 people in the image you posted?  Why?

I honestly think Donald Trump loves America, and wants the best for all Americans. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I honestly think Donald Trump loves America, and wants the best for all Americans.

What has he done or said, specifically, that leads you to believe this way?

Not trying to interrogate you, just honestly trying to drill down into your perspective to understand.

1 hour ago, Stros121 said:

Honestly didn’t see that coming.  But, gold star for speaking your truth. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Stros121 said:

I believe a very significant percentage of Trump supporters also believe this. As a thought experiment, I would ask you to step back and think about a “what if” scenario. I’m curious about your thoughts on it. Here is the scenario. 

We’ve all seen people get fooled by dishonest people. The elderly get scammed. Scientology draws people into their cult and then fleeces them of their money. Bernie Madoff steals people’s life savings. In all of these stories, the people scammed talk about how they didn’t realize that the people were lying to them and that they were dishonest. 

Now let’s look at Trump. Virtually every word out of his mouth is a lie. That’s been documented extensively. Also documented extensively are multiple convictions, shady dealings with Russia, self enrichment via Saudi Arabia, stealing top secret documents for presumably self enrichment, being deemed unfit for office by his entire administration, etc.

Even if you don’t believe some of these facts, there is more than enough evidence out there that he’s a complete liar and grifter. The evidence is just overwhelming. 

So given this, how can you believe anything he says, much less that he wants to help America? Because it’s obvious to over 50% of this country that he doesn’t. How do you square your view with this? More specifically, you know he lies, so how can you trust anything a liar says? I don’t get it. 

You aren’t alone. Upwards of 25-30%+ of the country is right there with you (the other 20-30% knows he’s a grifter but want tax cuts or abortions bans, etc). I’m very interested in your thought process on this. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I believe a very significant percentage of Trump supporters also believe this. As a thought experiment, I would ask you to step back and think about a “what if” scenario. I’m curious about your thoughts on it. Here is the scenario. 

We’ve all seen people get fooled by dishonest people. The elderly get scammed. Scientology draws people into their cult and then fleeces them of their money. Bernie Madoff steals people’s life savings. In all of these stories, the people scammed talk about how they didn’t realize that the people were lying to them and that they were dishonest. 

Now let’s look at Trump. Virtually every word out of his mouth is a lie. That’s been documented extensively. Also documented extensively are multiple convictions, shady dealings with Russia, self enrichment via Saudi Arabia, stealing top secret documents for presumably self enrichment, being deemed unfit for office by his entire administration, etc.

Even if you don’t believe some of these facts, there is more than enough evidence out there that he’s a complete liar and grifter. The evidence is just overwhelming. 

So given this, how can you believe anything he says, much less that he wants to help America? Because it’s obvious to over 50% of this country that he doesn’t. How do you square your view with this? More specifically, you know he lies, so how can you trust anything a liar says? I don’t get it. 

You aren’t alone. Upwards of 25-30%+ of the country is right there with you (the other 20-30% knows he’s a grifter but want tax cuts or abortions bans, etc). I’m very interested in your thought process on this. 

Not to mention all the evidence of self-interest.  He doesn't give a frog's fat ass about America.  He's in it for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You’re wasting your breath

• Hook 'Em 8

84 year-old FIL is voting for Trump.  Why, in his words...

• Trump is a successful businessman and will do a better job managing the economy.
  • Biden (and now Harris) will take all of our money with their tax changes
  • Trump's position on immigration
  • Trump is a Christian
  • Judicial appointments
  • Trump tells it "like it is" about the media bias

I do not engage whenever he brings any of it up.  Not worth it, as we are not going to change each other's mind.  SMH

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

84 year-old FIL is voting for Trump.  Why, in his words...

• Trump is a successful businessman and will do a better job managing the economy.
  • Biden (and now Harris) will take all of our money with their tax changes
  • Trump's position on immigration
  • Trump is a Christian
  • Judicial appointments
  • Trump tells it "like it is" about the media bias

I do not engage whenever he brings any of it up.  Not worth it, as we are not going to change each other's mind.  SMH

I'm jealous of all of you who get to complain about your in-laws and not the stupidity of your own parents.

• Hook 'Em 7

10 hours ago, Stros121 said:

He loves America? The same guy that has told us how awful America is for the last 9 years? K. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He’s been talking about locking up and sicking the military on those that he doesn’t like, and those that say bad things about the Supreme Court. I know this isn’t the thread for this, but “Trump cares about all Americans” is not a bad opinion. It’s objectively false. As much as saying he is 10 feet tall.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I'm jealous of all of you who get to complain about your in-laws and not the stupidity of your own parents.

My ex in-laws definitely would’ve voted for Trump had they not been dirt napping.   But then, ex FIL grew up in bum fuck Jena, Louisiana, and was the author of this thought dropping when he found out I was part of the death penalty clinic at my law school: 

“ They aughta hang them ACLU boys on the same tree as those criminals…”

Just another Constitution loving Trump fan. 

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Foosters said:

As a reminder, we have a poster on this website who purports to support Ukraine to the point that he actually travelled to Ukraine to help out. He's going to vote for Trump. 

It's so hard for me every time I see his avatar not to just go down a violent path of ridicule. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Can I offer a second-hand account? This morning on NPR, a rural oil & gas Pennsylvania dude predictably said he's voting Trump. Apart from getting rid of onerous red tape related to fracking, he said it's because of American values of self-determination: "The right to be a Christian nation."  Oh, THAT kind of self- (and other-) determination. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

My in-laws (parents and siblings and partners), parents, sibling, niece and nephew are all on the right side of history. What prize do I win?

3 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

I'm super lucky. I'm getting married right after the election and my new family are like 90% Democrats. For my side, my folks used to be R, but my sister and I worked on them and they're staunchly anti-R now. might not make a dent, but among my immediate circle (siblings, parents) it's like +20 for the Dems interspersed among Texas, Florida, and Michigan. Of that same group, I know only know one, maybe two potential trumpers.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

He’s been talking about locking up and sicking the military on those that he doesn’t like, and those that say bad things about the Supreme Court. I know this isn’t the thread for this, but “Trump cares about all Americans” is not a bad opinion. It’s objectively false. As much as saying he is 10 feet tall.

Neglecting all the shit he's talked on judges that ruled against him in the last 20 years or so. 

• Rage+1 1

Since no Republicans will actually participate in this thread, I'll just speak for them. The extremely obvious real answer that Trump supporters have to this is "so that we never have to have competitive elections again." 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

HellesBier

99.9999% sure he was previously TravelingTexan and also posted under WAT on InsideTexas where he was banned for getting drunk and going on racist rants. So it would check out.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I have a few friends who could easily be classified as country club Republicans. They're repulsed by Trump and MAGA. They justify voting for Trump solely because they think all Dems are Marxists who want to flip America to communism. That's it for them. They may fundamentally disagree with Trump and his policies but he's not Kamala. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

That made me think of my mother who made me promise to put it in her obituary that in her 85 years she never voted for a Republican. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have a few friends who could easily be classified as country club Republicans. They're repulsed by Trump and MAGA. They justify voting for Trump solely because they think all Dems are Marxists who want to flip America to communism. That's it for them. They may fundamentally disagree with Trump and his policies but he's not Kamala. 

This.  You put Kamala’s policies on a sheet side by side with Reagan and outside of abortion they’d be mostly in line.  My dad said he has never voted for trump but won’t vote Dem either for “reasons”.   I told him if he wants his party back he needs to purge it by voting dem.  But people are so broken brained with party over country that they can’t bring themselves to do it even though they are pretty damn close on policy.   Outside of taxes, where he is probably actually benefited by not having Trump’s SALT cap, he can’t name a policy Kamala has that will harm him.   But he “knew her as a prosecutor” (I don’t know what that means other than he was in-house opposite of her at some point back when he still lawyered).  Fuck that noise. It’s so dumb.   And it’s typical.  We need a better permission structure in the GOP I guess to convince people they won’t spontaneously combust if they vote or the D at the top of the ticket. 

GWB, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, Mike Pence, I’m looking at you chicken shits. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Stop negging stros assholes. He’s expressing viewpoints and this thread is supposed to be open for discussion without retribution. 

I will positively contribute to his reputation the next time he adds to the discussion earnestly.