[Special Moderation] Why I'm excited to vote Republican this cycle.

immamac

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So you have a problem throwing certain criminals in jail when they commit crimes?

I’m saying there are other ways to punish people other than putting them in jail for political points.

17 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You idiots know you're getting trolled, right? He's openly saying he thinks 1/6 was cool and good and that this guy shouldn't have been punished:

download.jpg.20a6bcc72622a662c4c055ddd5ff1e3d.jpg

This is who he is.  Do y'all think you're going to persuade him or something?

I’m just hoping for a straight answer. Clearly not this time. 

16 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I’m saying there are other ways to punish people other than putting them in jail for political points.

They committed real crimes. Not political crimes. Just crimes. How should they be punished? And no one gets political points for tossing some proud boy or dipshit realtor in fucking prison. You do it because they committed crimes and you deter future crime by punishing criminals. 

how should criminals be punished if not by the sentencing laws for the crime they committed?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
11 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

What punishment would you mete out on these convicted criminals if not jail time? Probation? Fines?

I never said anything about the crimes committed on Jan 6 other than the fbi finishing the investigation. 

11 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I never said anything about the crimes committed on Jan 6 other than the fbi finishing the investigation. 

You’ve just heavily implied it. 

but you can put all to rest by answering any of the dozen posters who’ve asked you who “the left” has put in prison, or as you said Jailed Political Enemies. Just answer the question. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

No one is doing anything for political points as it pertains to Jan 6. They're doing it for "preserve our society" points. All the same for why we put murderers, rapists, and sexual  predators behind bars - because, as it turns out, they too are bad for society. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

No one is doing anything for political points as it pertains to Jan 6. They're doing it for "preserve our society" points. All the same for why we put murderers, rapists, and sexual  predators behind bars - because, as it turns out, they too are bad for society. 

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

1 hour ago, Stros121 said:

Christopher Wray said the fbi still has an ongoing investigation into jan6.

M having difficulty understanding how you don’t see Jan 6 and trying to steal the election as an extremely serious issue that absolutely demands prosecution. It’s one of the most damaging acts in recent US History. Had Pence actually tried to illegally carry out Trump’s requests it would have been a formal coup. Do you understand that? 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

M having difficulty understanding how you don’t see Jan 6 and trying to steal the election as an extremely serious issue that absolutely demands prosecution. It’s one of the most damaging acts in recent US History. Had Pence actually tried to illegally carry out Trump’s requests it would have been a formal coup. Do you understand that? 

C'mon man...

The only thing he sees as "serious" about 1/6 is his serious sadness that it didn't succeed. Roughly 1/4 to 1/3rd of this country is proudly fascist. He's very clearly in that group.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

but you can put all to rest by answering any of the dozen posters who’ve asked you who “the left” has put in prison, or as you said Jailed Political Enemies. Just answer the question. 

Live that horns75 chose to neg this…it’s so good. Why…it’s a question…just name the folks who were jailed by the left that didn’t commit crimes…and yet no one can fucking do it!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Stros121 said:

See this is what I don’t get. It’s just a incorrect caricature of what you want to be true because you hate trump. so it’s a gotcha for trump. Same as there are good people on both sides. 

What's incorrect about it?  Do you not see that he is a petty, vengeful little man who can't take a personal slight?

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Everyone else has been applying that, I haven’t.

if you don’t know that the Democrats have gone after trump and his followers legally, you’re a low information voter.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Curious.... Which part?

Political points

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What's incorrect about it?  Do you not see that he is a petty, vengeful little man who can't take a personal slight?

1 minute ago, Stros121 said:

if you don’t know that the Democrats have gone after trump and his followers legally, you’re a low information voter.

If by “democrats” you mean the state courts in NY, which are not federal courts at all, I don’t know what to tell you. Do you understand the difference between state and federal law and jurisdiction? 

the same civil laws that suspended the statute of limitations for the e Jean Carrol case also made democratic governor Andrew Coumo open to suit. And he’s being sued. That’s not partisan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Stros121 said:
No, I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he deports all illegals. It’s not logistically possible or financially. I do think he will wall off the border. I also think he will deport a lot of illegal/migrant criminals. 

The inflated prices aren’t going down unless your salary is going up.

I’ll be back later 

So despite everything he has said he is going to do, you think he’s only going to do the things you want him to do.

There is a name for that type of thinking. Someone help me out 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stros121 said:

Law enforcement authorities have prosecuted people that committed crimes.  That is a fact.

After the due process that everyone gets in this country, for better or worse, and then some, they have been convicted.  And that means, by most American standards, that they are guilty of having committed crimes.  Those are facts.

Their motives in successfully prosecuting these criminals are unknowable.  So, their motives are then a matter of belief or opinion.

But, again, they are guilty of crimes by the standard American measure.  So, what difference does it make?

And, as a second matter, if there was pressure from Joe Biden or George Soros or whatever Democratic boogeyman you choose applied to the prosecutors that actually obtained the convictions, you'd think there would be some EVIDENCE of that.  Just like there is EVIDENCE that Trump tried to get Sessions and Barr to prosecute his enemies, and they apparently declined to do so.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Sawbonz said:

So despite everything he has said he is going to do, you think he’s only going to do the things you want him to do.

There is a name for that type of thinking. Someone help me out 

Magical thinking. Or delusional. You pick. 

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Nobody likes people talking shit about them. Trump hasn’t put anyone in jail. The democrats are actively trying to put trump in jail. Kamala gets pissed when people talk about her free ride to the democrat nomination.  We all defend ourselves.

3 hours ago, Stros121 said:

Trump is a shit talking business man.  when comes down to it he’s a pussy. Trump didn’t go after clinton last time, so I have to go by his record on that.

I cannot in any universe imagine typing this out about a candidate and still being excited to vote for him. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Also, since you KNOW this, how do you know it?  

Hint, the answer to this question requires evidence.  Not opinion.  Not speculation.  Not some dipshit from Fox, Newsmax, RSBN, or some YouTube channel that told you, but something that constitutes evidence, that tends to prove that a fact is more or less likely.

23 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Nobody likes people talking shit about them. Trump hasn’t put anyone in jail. The democrats are actively trying to put trump in jail. Kamala gets pissed when people talk about her free ride to the democrat nomination.  We all defend ourselves.

Trump defends himself by saying "lock her up" and calling for legal prosecution of his enemies and critics.  No one else does that.

We have had 45 other Presidents in almost 240 years of history and, never in that recorded history has a President or candidate publicly called for the prosecution of his enemies.

22 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I cannot in any universe imagine typing this out about a candidate and still being excited to vote for him. 

Definitely Presidential qualities.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Of course they have. Because laws were very obviously broken. They couldn’t just ignore January 6th. The country is pretty used to, unfortunately numb to, protests that occasionally turn into riots in cities. But when it results in the doors of congress being breached? If the dems did that in 2016 after Trump won, you wouldn’t want the law applied to the rioters? Trump deserved to be impeached for threatening to cut off military aid to Ukraine if they didn’t find him political dirt. He deserved to be investigated and charged for refusing to return classified documents. The felonies that actually stuck in NY were likely child’s play (ugh) compared to what he got away with on Epstein’s island… it’s not just a political witch hunt. He has no respect for the law that applies to the rest of us.  

• Hook 'Em 5

It’s obvious that jailing political opponents is a hot button issue for you, that’s fine - we all have our thing.

I assume you voted for Trump in 2016, correct? Why were you not outraged at “Lock her up” being the official tagline of his campaign? At that point you had no evidence of what he would or wouldn’t do, so surely you were disgusted at that blatant threat of political imprisonment - correct?
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

So because he was a president, he shouldn’t go to jail for crimes he committed? Assuming he’s found guilty of them? The tax fraud in New York, where he was found guilty of defrauding a kids cancer charity years ago. Now tax evasion. 

the documents case in FL, which is borderline treason if not outright. 

the audio we’ve all heard of him pressuring GA don’t officials to “find him votes” and overturn the will of the people. If any of those are true, he shouldn’t be held accountable for those crimes? 

Would you be happy if a democratic president or former president wasn’t prosecuted for the same crimes?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean....he was 90 years old.  

But yeah, I'm sure I had eaten cheap breakfast tacos.  I get my hair cut on Saturdays, and that's a go-to weekend breakfast.  But many, many other people have survived haircuts next to me.

I'm gonna need to see some proof for this assertion, because so far you're 0 for 1. And let's not forget poor Queen Elizabeth II, whose only crime was being in the same country as you after an Enchiladas y Mas meal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, B00M said:

Of course they have. Because laws were very obviously broken. They couldn’t just ignore January 6th. The country is pretty used to, unfortunately numb to, protests that occasionally turn into riots in cities. But when it results in the doors of congress being breached? If the dems did that in 2016 after Trump won, you wouldn’t want the law applied to the rioters? Trump deserved to be impeached for threatening to cut off military aid to Ukraine if they didn’t find him political dirt. He deserved to be investigated and charged for refusing to return classified documents. The felonies that actually stuck in NY were likely child’s play (ugh) compared to what he got away with on Epstein’s island… it’s not just a political witch hunt. He has no respect for the law that applies to the rest of us.  

And, an insight on prosecutors.  They like to prosecute cases they can win and they like high-profile wins.  Politics by and large go out the window when they can bring and win a high-profile case, whether the profile is that of the defendant or that of the crime.

And, also, as indicated above, prosecutors tend to get pretty self-righteous about the crimes they prosecute.  Whatever crime they're prosecuting at the moment, you can be relatively certain that the prosecutor believes it is a grave offense against humanity and the Gods are on his or her side.

Given that Trump tried to implement a coup, has stolen mountains of top secret information to sell for personal benefit and is a traitor to the US, has sexually assaulted multiple women, and committed countless other illegal acts, it’s surprising to me that you have a warped viewpoint that he shouldn’t be arrested and tried for these crimes. Very bizarre. Do you not understand he committed many crimes? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I can’t decide which thread is dumber. This one or the Quinn thread. Honestly, it’s a tough decision.  

Well, it runs counter to the notion that right wing people who are willing to do something more than a drive-by own the libs post get shouted down.  Although that does happen.

People are trying to tease out the thinking that leads to Trump voting.

37 minutes ago, B00M said:

@Stros121 deserves some pos rep for at least trying. 

@Horn75 is sitting behind his keyboard, unwilling to debate, negging everyone like a cunt, begging to get crowdsourced 

There’s no point in debating with you idiots. Trying to reason with a liberal is worse than trying to with an aggy 

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It’s obvious that jailing political opponents is a hot button issue for you, that’s fine - we all have our thing.

I assume you voted for Trump in 2016, correct? Why were you not outraged at “Lock her up” being the official tagline of his campaign? At that point you had no evidence of what he would or wouldn’t do, so surely you were disgusted at that blatant threat of political imprisonment - correct?

Well, you see, Trump is a shit talking pussy  . . . .  (but only some of the time).

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

the documents case in FL, which is borderline treason if not outright. 

Can we stop this.  Treason is treason.  Nothing else is treason.  It might be "treasonous" or better yet "traitorous," but it's not treason.  Calling things treason that aren't treason is something Donald Trump would do.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Edited by TwiceHorn

There’s no point in debating with you idiots. Trying to reason with a liberal is worse than trying to with an aggy 

Not sure this is the time to be using aggy as an insult, they’d welcome you with open arms to their Politics board. But you’re probably right, I’m sure Politics is the one issue where those dorks have it all figured out.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Can we stop this.  Treason is treason.  Nothing else is treason.  It might be "treasonous" or better yet "traitorous," but it's not treason.  Calling things treason that aren't treason is something Donald Trump would do.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Giving Russia aid doesn’t count, if that’s what it turned out being?

13 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not sure this is the time to be using aggy as an insult, they’d welcome you with open arms to their Politics board. But you’re probably right, I’m sure Politics is the one issue where those dorks have it all figured out.

Yup. He cited Aggie but he’s lock step politically with those idiots. It’s literally the one thing they have in common. I’m sure they got it right this time, though.