[Special Moderation] Why I'm excited to vote Republican this cycle.

immamac

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, you see, Trump is a shit talking pussy  . . . .  (but only some of the time).

DJT is atavistic, he’s like every asshole in every John Hughes movie or the bad husband and father before learning the Meaning of Christmas.  Even his supporters think so! But they love him for it.  I confess that I have a hard time with a theory of the MAGA mind.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, YChang said:

I was wondering why this thread shot up to the top of the board…😂

Because Ima had a great idea where there's a thread where someone can post idiotic shit but is protected from the consequences.  

It's a great idea that's catching fire on message boards all across the world right now.  Actually it's probably not, that's just be being "funny."

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

There’s no point in debating with you idiots. Trying to reason with a liberal is worse than trying to with an aggy 

So many people here were 90%+ republican voters prior to trump’s dismantling of everything they once stood for. Definitely just diehard leftist libruhls

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

There’s no point in debating with you idiots. Trying to reason with a liberal is worse than trying to with an aggy 

Several in this thread, myself included, are not liberals. In fact historically I voted more Republican than Democrat. The issue in today’s environment is that people like you and stros have consumed so much disinformation you are completely unaware of what is factual reality and what is propaganda you’ve been fed. 

The answers in this thread by stros so far indicate someone disconnected from facts. And you haven’t said a word, which probably indicates you are also afraid of being exposed for your nonfactual views. 

This thread unfortunately is confirming what we all believed, that many/most Trump supporters are just disconnected from facts. 

When the level of disinformation is limited, I can understand people getting fooled. I’m sure among all of the facts about Trump, there are some things that are embellishments or not accurate.   

But the extent of the lying, serious crimes, and disinformation is so extreme at this point, every single American ought to be smart enough to be able to sniff out the Trump bs. The only situation where someone would struggle is if they consume propaganda and disinformation all the time: Fox News, Brietbart, Reddit/conservatives, KLBJ, etc. I assume that’s where you guys get your information.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I cannot in any universe imagine typing this out about a candidate and still being excited to vote for him. 

"Trump is a giant pussy who never follows through--or should.be taken seriously--on anything that he says...but I believe that he wants the best for all Americans, and I think he'll finally do the one or two things that matter to me this time around."

That is some embarrassing low effort trolling, even for this forum.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What dost thou call January 6?

Carton said that the documents thing was nearly treason or treason.  It clearly is not.

When that definition in the Constitution was written, the only war was a "declared war" between two entities.  Anything short of that was not "war" and couldn't be the source of treason.  Similarly enemies meant opponents in a declared war.

An insurrection, which fits January 6 better than war, and thus treason, was and is a separate crime.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

"Trump is a giant pussy who never follows through--or should.be taken seriously--on anything that he says...but I believe that he wants the best for all Americans, and I think he'll finally do the one or two things that matter to me this time around."

It's not trolling, though.  For whatever reason, stros121 seems to believe that somehow makes sense.

The object of the thread and the moderation rules is to engage with a Trumpist and tease out their positions.  And likely along the way demonstrate that those positions are counterfactual at worst and superstitious at best.

Horn75 on the other hand is just trolling, talking utter bollocks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Can we stop this.  Treason is treason.  Nothing else is treason.  It might be "treasonous" or better yet "traitorous," but it's not treason.  Calling things treason that aren't treason is something Donald Trump would do.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Fuck that. That’s one definition of treason and it’s the one that applies in a court of law in the United States. But it also has a common meaning and attempting a violent fucking coup absolutely qualifies under it. He’s a traitor and he deserves a traitor’s death, regardless of whether he can be successfully prosecuted for treason as it’s defined in the constitution.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not trolling, though.  For whatever reason, stros121 seems to believe that somehow makes sense.

The object of the thread and the moderation rules is to engage with a Trumpist and tease out their positions.  And likely along the way demonstrate that those positions are counterfactual at worst and superstitious at best.

I think you’re blinded by hatred 

7 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I hate the motherfucker, but I am far from blind.  In fact, it is what I see and hear that makes me hate him.

I can state my reasons for violently disliking Trump and show you video and written evidence that he did or said the things that make me hate him.  And, while I agree that he is a shit-talking pussy who is engaged in business, I don't think he ever stops talking shit and his word isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.  I have no idea when to believe him and when not to, he utterly lacks credibility.

In my OPINION, he's a complete, irredeemable asshole that is unfit to lead this country.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I'm trying to question you, quite civilly I might add, to tease out why you think Trump is a good candidate or fit to lead what is still the greatest nation on earth.

So far about all you've said is that you KNOW he's being persecuted by Democrats, without any evidence to prove that assertion. And that you'd like to see all the evidence on January 6, despite it all being out there, indicating that you don't believe what hours and hours of video show.

Even if you are correct in that assessment, that doesn't qualify him to be President.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, B00M said:

So many people here were 90%+ republican voters prior to trump’s dismantling of everything they once stood for. Definitely just diehard leftist libruhls

That’s bullshit, I’ve been around since shaggy you had a few republicans back then, no way has this place ever been close to 90%. 

26 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

IMG_0436.jpeg

Why is this funny to you?

Are you not aware that his own longest-serving Chief of Staff reports that Trump was wholly ignorant of Hitler, and what was wrong with him and said he wanted generals like Hitler had, that is the ones that were so obedient they lost WWII for him when they weren't trying to kill him.  John Kelly is not a Democrat and is a former USMC Major General.  I tend to believe what he says.  He's not the only one.

And then yesterday Trump said the following:

"If I don't win this election - and the Jewish people would really have a lot to do with that if that happens  . . ."

Edited by TwiceHorn

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You can get the same general pro Trump opinions down at Shorty's in Port A on any random Sunday by a few drunks with little Grey matter left, or go on a Tuesday and get the full Alex Jones Fan experience. It's funny once or twice; but there is a line at laughing at the mental ill: but that I can assuage by thier insane confidence at being right that makes it all so interesting.

They believe the crazy shit anf they shall not be retrieved from the dumpsters of stupidity and insanity- better to leave them there.

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:

You can get the same general pro Trump opinions down at Shorty's in Port A on any random Sunday by a few drunks with little Grey matter left, or go on a Tuesday and get the full Alex Jones Fan experience. It's funny once or twice; but there is a line at laughing at the mental ill: but that I can assuage by thier insane confidence at being right that makes it all so interesting.

They believe the crazy shit anf they shall not be retrieved from the dumpsters of stupidity and insanity- better to leave them there.

So, we're waiting on you to justify your pro-Trump opinions better than the drunks down at Shorty's.

Not familiar with them myself, but you're not really doing a very good job.

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:

Liar. I am one and most on here have fessed up

Count me in.

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I hate the motherfucker, but I am far from blind.  In fact, it is what I see and hear that makes me hate him.

I can state my reasons for violently disliking Trump and show you video and written evidence that he did or said the things that make me hate him.  And, while I agree that he is a shit-talking pussy who is engaged in business, I don't think he ever stops talking shit and his word isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.  I have no idea when to believe him and when not to, he utterly lacks credibility.

In my OPINION, he's a complete, irredeemable asshole that is unfit to lead this country.

image.gif.7bbdac786fb748849af4c0c67f728f4e.gif

24 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

That’s bullshit, I’ve been around since shaggy you had a few republicans back then, no way has this place ever been close to 90%. 

That’s.. not at all what I said? 

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He's made more of an effort than most.  But I guess he's being shouted down.

He's repeatedly implied that he doesn't think anyone should've been punished for 1/6. I don't know why you think he's acting in good faith here.

• Hook 'Em 3

So as best as I can figure, here’s what I think ive learned from stros that may or may not be correct and may or may not apply broadly to trump supporters:

1) Trump says a lot of things.  He says most things, will take multiple positions on issues at different times, will be vague at times  

2) what he says gets filtered and curated by the different outlets, to fit their narratives  (this isn’t directly from stros but my own knowledge)

3) of the filtered content that he gets from whichever sources- presumably right wing, stros decides what to believe and what to ignore, until it fits what he requires  in order to be happy

4) Astros fans, am I right?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So as best as I can figure, here’s what I think ive learned from stros that may or may not be correct and may or may not apply broadly to trump supporters:

1) Trump says a lot of things.  He says most things, will take multiple positions on issues at different times, will be vague at times  

2) what he says gets filtered and curated by the different outlets, to fit their narratives  (this isn’t directly from stros but my own knowledge)

3) of the filtered content that he gets from whichever sources- presumably right wing, stros decides what to believe and what to ignore, until it fits what he requires  in order to be happy

4) Astros fans, am I right?

It's a bit how evangelicals read and interpret the Bible.

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Are you not aware that his own longest-serving Chief of Staff reports that Trump was wholly ignorant of Hitler, and what was wrong with him and said he wanted generals like Hitler had, that is the ones that were so obedient they lost WWII for him when they weren't trying to kill him.  John Kelly is not a Democrat and is a former USMC Major General.  I tend to believe what he says.  He's not the only one.

That tracks. He’s convinced that, “all Russia does is win wars because someone told him” a month ago “that they defeated napoleon and hitler.” Nevermind lend lease from the US and that Ukraine, as part of the Soviet Union, did a fuck load of the fighting against hitler... And the fact that going back a couple centuries, “Russia” is only batting like .250 in wars it fucking starts. 

Edited by B00M
Baseball lingo for Stros’ pleasure

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm trying to question you, quite civilly I might add, to tease out why you think Trump is a good candidate or fit to lead what is still the greatest nation on earth.

So far about all you've said is that you KNOW he's being persecuted by Democrats, without any evidence to prove that assertion. And that you'd like to see all the evidence on January 6, despite it all being out there, indicating that you don't believe what hours and hours of video show.

Even if you are correct in that assessment, that doesn't qualify him to be President.

My number 1 is the economy. I can get behind anyone who’s helping to put more money in my family’s pockets. I feel trump is our best bet here. If Kamala was to be elected and helped make a robust economy. She would have my attention in 28. 

I want a secure border that does a background check on every migrant before they enter the US. 

Guns aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. We need a immediate bill with no pork to fund securing every school in America. 

I want school choice, why do we need the DOE? Can Texas not run it’s own education system? 

I don’t want the government to tell me what I can and can’t do with my own body, if I’m not hurting anyone else. 

Im pro choice your body you do you. I don’t want to pay for your abortions with my taxes. I also think it should be handled at the state level. Did I hear 60% of abortions a done with the day after pill?  Might have been a right wing tweet. Not a fan of late term abortions but go for it. 

Yes I want weed legal, but if I can’t grow my own, that’s bullshit.

DEI is the death of America.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Because Ima had a great idea where there's a thread where someone can post idiotic shit but is protected from the consequences.  

It's a great idea that's catching fire on message boards all across the world right now.  Actually it's probably not, that's just be being "funny."

Definitely describes Elon’s version of Twitter. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, we're waiting on you to justify your pro-Trump opinions better than the drunks down at Shorty's.

Not familiar with them myself, but you're not really doing a very good job.

Count me in.

Again, he didn’t even comprehend what I said, presumably because I used punctuation. 

I’m an ex-Republican as well. I came here genuinely looking for any reason to strategically vote for a shit heel like Cruz to avoid voting for one party control… all I’ve found is this one guy who struggles to read and another that refuses to speak. 

44 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And then yesterday Trump said the following:

"If I don't win this election - and the Jewish people would really have a lot to do with that if that happens  . . ."

Just post the video

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/trump-israel-eradicated-win/story?id=113853150

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He's repeatedly implied that he doesn't think anyone should've been punished for 1/6. I don't know why you think he's acting in good faith here.

I never said that fuck off

20 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I want a secure border that does a background check on every migrant before they enter the US. 

Guns aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. We need a immediate bill with no pork to fund securing every school in America. 

I want school choice, why do we need the DOE? Can Texas not run it’s own education system? 

I don’t want the government to tell me what I can and can’t do with my own body, if I’m not hurting anyone else. 

Im pro choice your body you do you. I don’t want to pay for your abortions with my taxes.

Agree on border, but we need to have the ability to process applications very quickly and that takes money. I hope you are up for funding that, as well as funding what it takes to secure the border. But if it becomes fairly easy to enter legally, illegal entries should naturally drop and make border defense more tenable. 

Disagree on guns/schools in that schools shouldn’t be prisons, and sensible gun laws can shape the profile of American gun inventory over the long term. 

Abortion- I think I agree if I’m comprehending correctly. But that is medical care and women should be entitled to all medical care whether they are on private insurance, no insurance/cash pay, Obamacare, or some welfare type system. Poor folks who can’t afford a child are the last people we need to be excluding from such things.  So maybe I don’t agree all that much. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I want school choice

What is stopping you from that? Have you checked to see if your desired school district is open enrollment? Are private schools not accepting your applications?

Do you want a voucher system? I can get on board with a system that moves money between public schools. It is a strong hell no if you are trying to take public funds and give them to a private school.

Every proposed version from pro voucher Texas politicians this past session was written in a way to be a straight money grab by private schools and fuck over public ed. 

why do we need the DOE?

Oversee federal laws related to protected students such as special education, 504, students who are homeless etc. To fund school/establish guidelines for schools who receive federal funding for programs such as Title I. 

Can Texas not run it’s own education system? 

Not well.

Let’s start with funding school funding. The recapture system is broken and fucks over more and more school districts every year.  Austin ISD sent back 850 million last year yet they have to operate at a deficit.

Total money sent back last year was almost 5 billion. Why does our state not address the issue? Because this recaptured money does not have to go back to schools. It goes back in the states the general fund and can be used for anything. 

image.png.ed279fcc785b4bf8ac5200d9a06ce32b.png
I hope now families/voters in districts it is hitting who in the years past may have been rural (before sprawl) and even may have received some recaptured money will take notice and voice their complaints or vote for politicians who will tackle the issue. 

Curriculum has plenty of issues and subcategories (banned books) but I don’t have the mental bandwidth tonight to dive deeper  

I do believe there needs to be some sort of assessment for student academic levels but I prefer it been done at the local and not necessarily based on STAAR.

If I am breaking the rules of this thread then neg me.

When I read some of the talking points on education my soapbox gets out.  I think the system needs to have accountability and improve in certain areas but many of the solutions come from misinformation or wrong assumptions 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

What is stopping you from that? Have you checked to see if your desired school district is open enrollment? Are private schools not accepting your applications?

Do you want a voucher system? I can get on board with a system that moves money between public schools. It is a strong hell no if you are trying to take public funds and give them to a private school.

Every proposed version from pro voucher Texas politicians this past session was written in a way to be a straight money grab by private schools and fuck over public ed. 

Oversee federal laws related to protected students such as special education, 504, students who are homeless etc. To fund school/establish guidelines for schools who receive federal funding for programs such as Title I. 

Not well.

Let’s start with funding school funding. The recapture system is broken and fucks over more and more school districts every year.  Austin ISD sent back 850 million last year yet they have to operate at a deficit.

Total money sent back last year was almost 5 billion. Why does our state not address the issue? Because this recaptured money does not have to go back to schools. It goes back in the states the general fund and can be used for anything. 

image.png.ed279fcc785b4bf8ac5200d9a06ce32b.png
I hope now families/voters in districts it is hitting who in the years past may have been rural (before sprawl) and even may have received some recaptured money will take notice and voice their complaints or vote for politicians who will tackle the issue. 

Curriculum has plenty of issues and subcategories (banned books) but I don’t have the mental bandwidth tonight to dive deeper  

I do believe there needs to be some sort of assessment for student academic levels but I prefer it been done at the local and not necessarily based on STAAR.

If I am breaking the rules of this thread then neg me.

When I read some of the talking points on education my soapbox gets out.  I think the system needs to have accountability and improve in certain areas but many of the solutions come from misinformation or wrong assumptions 

Is there any chance the federal government via the DOE will or cannstep in and force Texas to modify the recapture scheme? It’s been an obvious problem for decades now.